Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:16 pm

The Internet consensus is 9VDC Negative Center is fine. I cross referenced three forums and a Google group.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 pm

TIGHT thanks Sharkey :joy:
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

No power on, though the LED flickered very, very dimly at first. The headphone output appears to be emitting some kind of power-on pulse at around 78bpm, which cuts out if the power output is wiggled a litle. Seems loose.

What do you reckon the next step is? I have a soldering iron.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Just cross referenced again and the supply should be good. People use their MC 303 adapters for the CZ 1000. Not sure on next steps. I did read some where about an internal reset?
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:02 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Just cross referenced again and the supply should be good. People use their MC 303 adapters for the CZ 1000. Not sure on next steps. I did read some where about an internal reset?

Yeah looks like there's a recessed "P-button" on the underside which acts as a factory reset to fix any bug problems, but according to the manual the unit needs to be on for it to work.

http://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46644
There are some ideas in this thread

devetron wrote:If the power jack feels loose it may help to re-flow the solder where the pins are soldered to the circuit board. They take stress and often the pins break free from the solder. It is a very common injury.

madtheory wrote:4. The CZ has circuitry inside to automatically power down when left on for a certain period of time without use. This is a common source of failure.

Not sure how to approach either of these things so maybe I should take it to someone who does?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:29 pm

PM Pepe. He might be able to help. This is beyond my scope :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Meh. I fear that I cannot really help. I also have to consult other people all the time whenever one of my beasts refuses to work properly. I have good soldering skills and have a knack for replacing broken parts, but most of the time I cannot analyse on my own what has caused a failure. I made several approaches to understand electronics, but I fear that my 10-year-old son will have better skills in the next three years, if not earlier. :erm:

Last week my Mono/Poly suddenly stopped working during a live gig. I know that I have to replace an Electromagnetic Interference suppression film capacitor that has burst, but this is a broken part that was quite easy to spot, because of all the crumbled plastic. Replacing parts is almost fun. Recapping is no problem, as well as a calibration if it doesn't necessarily need an oscilloscope (another mystical machine that I didn't fully understand up till today ...). Crimping new connectors is also helpful here and there. But show me a schematic or ask me to check an IC and you have found my weak spot. I only like to play these instruments! ;)
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cloudscapes » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 am

trying an idea. part of a bigger thing, not pictured. bowed/prepared guitar, loopers, effects, drum pad.

malekko noise -> diy shift register pattern melody generator thing -> quad lfo -> offset/attn -> quantizer -> pico sequencer -> mult -> cloud gen -> elements -> diy adsr / neutron star -> vca -> radio music -> grainshift -> vcf -> mixer -> snd/rtn

cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:51 am

comesect2.0 wrote:Jmtsynths?^^^^ :thumb: :love:

yes! SNB2n and NF! :!!!:
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 am

@cloudscapes -> Post full set up...please? I love mixing strings with odd processing configurations.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Pepe wrote:Meh. I fear that I cannot really help. I also have to consult other people all the time whenever one of my beasts refuses to work properly. I have good soldering skills and have a knack for replacing broken parts, but most of the time I cannot analyse on my own what has caused a failure. I made several approaches to understand electronics, but I fear that my 10-year-old son will have better skills in the next three years, if not earlier. :erm:

Last week my Mono/Poly suddenly stopped working during a live gig. I know that I have to replace an Electromagnetic Interference suppression film capacitor that has burst, but this is a broken part that was quite easy to spot, because of all the crumbled plastic. Replacing parts is almost fun. Recapping is no problem, as well as a calibration if it doesn't necessarily need an oscilloscope (another mystical machine that I didn't fully understand up till today ...). Crimping new connectors is also helpful here and there. But show me a schematic or ask me to check an IC and you have found my weak spot. I only like to play these instruments! ;)

Thanks for the input anyway! :)

I found a place that'll take a look at it, they have a $50 nonrefundable fee for diagnosing it that's applied to the total repair, and then it's $90/hour. On one hand, if it's a really simple fix it'd cost me maybe $100. On the other hand, if it's something serious and not worth repairing, then I'm out $50.

An alternative plan is to send it out West to my friend who builds/fixes these things, as a gift. It didn't cost me much at the thrift store so I don't mind losing that in the interest of giving my friend something cool.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Before you even do that...correspond with ILF DIY and Muff DIY (if you haven't already). There are too many talented people here to not tap into their skills.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:24 pm

friendship wrote:
Yeah looks like there's a recessed "P-button" on the underside which acts as a factory reset to fix any bug problems

it's called a prostate, and yes it will fix your bug problems
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Free one day shipping with prime.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm

aen wrote:
friendship wrote:
Yeah looks like there's a recessed "P-button" on the underside which acts as a factory reset to fix any bug problems

it's called a prostate, and yes it will fix your bug problems

:omg: :omg: :omg:
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear