Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Sonaboy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Decided to move from softsynth only using Arturia Analog Lab 3 & Ableton, to getting a Minilogue for the actual synth sounds and using the Arturia MInilab MKII for secondary sounds and serving as a drum machine.

Got this spiff aluminum stand at a MicroCenter store clearance sale for just $30. It's almost a perfect fit. Grand total for all of it is $545.

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby More_Divebombs » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:28 am

Streamlined my gear, since I'm strictly a home-player these days, and all my stuff was stuffed into drawers and under the bed. So I built this horrible flatpack thing and turned it into a beat laboratory.

Pretty much stole the guy above's idea and got some cheap laptop stand for the BSII

The Bass Station is bonkers. Got it synced with the Alesis Sr16 for Godlfesh-like deeeeep snare. I exclusively make disgusting techno in the same spare bedroom that my cats shit in. FILTH.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:13 am

Do you use the Yamaha amp with synths? Pedals? Always been interested in one, but have heard mixed reviews on how it handles those...
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby More_Divebombs » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 am

I use it for everything. Synths and drum machines go in to the mixer and then into the THR10, into the flat channel, which is perfect for synths and drum machines as its just a clear uncoloured sound. If I'm doing guitar I just go through the pedal chain straight in to the amp.

I find that only one channel, the 'lead' channel (which is just a slightly crunchy clean tone) handles fuzz/distortion pedals well. They sound really tinny on other channels, but sound fine on the lead channel, so I use that as the base for most things. Other channels handle delay and that sort of stuff no problem. It's just picky about dirt. All the channels sound great on their own too. There's loads more effects and cab simulation stuff you can do with the Yamaha software too.

I use it to record everything via the USB out straight into a Daw. I always struggled with latency with cables nd interfaces but the Yamaha doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Great piece of kit. I'd definitely get another if it broke.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby aen » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:14 am

Well, I flipped some gear in Nashville and came home with this Analog Keys.
And today I finished a video of the keys making a reese bass, being distorted by the Reese Lightning. And this is good.

Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:05 pm

20180808_115900.jpg

Bout ta tackle dis here power supply chain stuff
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:20 pm

More_Divebombs wrote:I use it for everything. Synths and drum machines go in to the mixer and then into the THR10, into the flat channel, which is perfect for synths and drum machines as its just a clear uncoloured sound. If I'm doing guitar I just go through the pedal chain straight in to the amp.

I find that only one channel, the 'lead' channel (which is just a slightly crunchy clean tone) handles fuzz/distortion pedals well. They sound really tinny on other channels, but sound fine on the lead channel, so I use that as the base for most things. Other channels handle delay and that sort of stuff no problem. It's just picky about dirt. All the channels sound great on their own too. There's loads more effects and cab simulation stuff you can do with the Yamaha software too.

I use it to record everything via the USB out straight into a Daw. I always struggled with latency with cables nd interfaces but the Yamaha doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Great piece of kit. I'd definitely get another if it broke.

Good to know! Hrmmmm....

aen wrote:Well, I flipped some gear in Nashville and came home with this Analog Keys.
And today I finished a video of the keys making a reese bass, being distorted by the Reese Lightning. And this is good.

Link?

Recently fell under the Elektron spell myself. I work from home, and it can be hard to get things done knowing this is right behind me:

Still figuring out how I want to make things work together (Digitone is great all by itself), but maaaaaannnnn I'm stoked.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:34 pm

if anyone asks where u been just tell em u got some bad diarrhea :thumb:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:02 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:if anyone asks where u been just tell em u got some bad diarrhea :thumb:

EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. :lol:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:08 pm

lol hey we got the same tapco mixer!
isn't it weird that it doesn't have a power switch!?
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:lol hey we got the same tapco mixer!
isn't it weird that it doesn't have a power switch!?

Love it! Yeah, so weird and annoying. You can barely see it behind the boxes, but there's a Nady power conditioner hiding there -- BOOM power switch! Only took me 15 years to solve the problem... haha
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 pm

smallest mixer i found w/ an fx loop! so handy.

lol ah thats nice, i went as far as to find the service manual and take it apart to try to see if i could mod it w/ a switch myself.
not a lot of wiggle room in there and a weird 3 prong power scheme that i didn't fully understand the best way to add the switch.
no bueno
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:smallest mixer i found w/ an fx loop! so handy.

lol ah thats nice, i went as far as to find the service manual and take it apart to try to see if i could mod it w/ a switch myself.
not a lot of wiggle room in there and a weird 3 prong power scheme that i didn't fully understand the best way to add the switch.
no bueno

I grabbed the service manual too -- in addition to adding a switch, I have the crazy idea to make the aux send pre-fader and/or add inserts. Haven't cracked it open yet, but was afraid there wouldn't be much room in there...
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:40 am

More_Divebombs wrote:I use it for everything. Synths and drum machines go in to the mixer and then into the THR10, into the flat channel, which is perfect for synths and drum machines as its just a clear uncoloured sound. If I'm doing guitar I just go through the pedal chain straight in to the amp.

This is very very interesting :)*
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:41 am

spacelordmother wrote:
Recently fell under the Elektron spell myself. I work from home, and it can be hard to get things done knowing this is right behind me:

Still figuring out how I want to make things work together (Digitone is great all by itself), but maaaaaannnnn I'm stoked.

That looks sick!! My next purchase is hopefully an Octatrack, I tried Drods and it whips! I LOVE IT

Hows the blofeld in that setup?
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear