Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Achtane » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:08 pm

I like seeing how you all go about arranging yr spaces.
The wall mixer is a good idea. I'm tying to come up with a music-stuff-desk from scratch instead of making any other desk work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 pm

I changed things up to fit in Mood and have better workflow:
Super happy with it now. I also ordered a few more 1U modules: USB power so I can plug the 16n directly into my rack rather than another power brick, and Pedal I/O to have a more flexible routing for Mood.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm

Travel rig that I intend to keep until I decide to stay in a place for a few years. Also not sure about keeping the OP-1 but it's nice to have a portable toy.

John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Same interface and headphones brother! So I’m going to ask... what mic is that?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:07 am

That's a Sennheiser e609. I also use it for guitar amp recordings.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 am

Pepe wrote:That's a Sennheiser e609. I also use it for guitar amp recordings.

Thank you, Sir!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:20 am

Yup, e609 that I use for "vocals", worst mic I could've choose for it but it's also the smallest one I had.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:09 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Yup, e609 that I use for "vocals", worst mic I could've choose for it but it's also the smallest one I had.

Meant to say “Thanks” sooner. I’m all about “worst” ideas. Might have to give that mic a go. :hug:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:32 pm

$harkToootth wrote:The GAIA - Think of it like a supped up CASIO and less like a synth. I do like mine...but I like it the way people love their children (well I guess they're here so whatever :lol: ) It's not a great synth. I kind love shitty synths sounds though so the GAIA really scratches that itch. So again, I like it but would never recommend one. They retailed at $700 when they came out and that is kind of crime against humanity. I paid $350 for mine and still feel like I overpaid :lol: . It also was my 'first synth', it's light, and it does not take up a lot of space so I can deal with it. Plus, I would feel kind of bad pawning it off on someone (kind of like herpes). The thing completely shits the bed on low end (not a good thing).

Wow... all those typos make me sad :cry: :cry: :cry:
Also, in my love/hate relationship with the GAIA... the “love” has really surfaced over the past two years (that post was from December 2017). I really came to adore that machine. Last month, my best friend came to visit. I happened to have the GAIA plugged into my Vox Ac-15 (another piece of equipment that was love/hate, then the love came)... he was really taken by it. He only has one synth, a volca fm, and was not jiving with it. I personally think they’re great, but that is neither here nor there. It was just such a joy to see someone smitten with a synth that gets a lot shit on the internet. This friend is like a brother to me so I was like, “Just take it.” I’m inundated in gear at this point, I have other nonsense I can use. He took the GAIA, and can keep it, on the stipulation, “He cannot sell it. I get it back.”

So... I REALLY miss it :lol: :cry: :lol:

That said, I stand by my post from 2 years ago. If you see one for as “low” as $350... you’re over paying. I got a Blofeld Desktop (bought from ILF's Spacelordmother :love: ) and an MS-2000R for less than that, and they are both MUCH more capable synths, in terms of synthesis architecture (and everything else really :lol: ).

That said, “supped up casiotone” is a bit of an understatement. It does a lot more than that. 64 note polyphony is nothing to scoff at either. All those knobs/sliders, the three layers, the phrase recorder, and the built in effects (all of which I found surprisingly usable)... it’s a fun machine that scratches a particular itch. It really was like my dog.

But... if your 14 year old dog needs an expensive surgery... would you do it? Me? Fuck no :lol: . So paying to replace the GAIA would never happen. But I do miss it.

EDIT: Oh wow, I was feeling chatty and chummy on Saturday :lol: I forgot to mention the arpegggiator is so ace! And with supersaw waves... it really is a late 90s trance monster.
Jexus did not like this synth (and for good reason) but one of his criticisms on the envelopes... is actually something I find endearing.

I used to try to do stuff like this with the synth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag-2yq6Puxs
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:13 pm

I built a wall mounting fixture for my CZ-101 today, so I'll entertain with a little synth closet pr0n:

Next up is wiring it up and fixing a couple of things (the Kawai needs a PSU recap since the electrolytics are heating up [not a good thing] and it wants a Tauntek OS upgrade; and the Six Trak is a basket case).

I also need to devise some sort of MIDI signal to trigger array system for drum modules and so forth, ideally it will be a single channel MIDI input with a discrete trigger for each note. I have not looked deeply into it yet, but I have a feeling it will be a DIY project.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:03 am

CZ-101 is so cute and I miss mine a lot. 8 stage envelopes FTW.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Pepe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

The Kawai SX-240 looks awesome! Like a device from the first Star Trek series.
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Reorganized everything after picking up my Matriarch. Super happy with the new setup.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Pepe » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Hey, that's a KORG SD-200 Signal Delay on the old monitor on the third picture, right? I have one, too, but what is it doing there?
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Pepe wrote:Hey, that's a KORG SD-200 Signal Delay on the old monitor on the third picture, right? I have one, too, but what is it doing there?

It is! It needs a little work; some scratchy pots and missing most of the screws in the body for some reason. Just haven't gotten around to dealing with it yet. I got it in a trade and the previous owner didn't bother letting me know these facts.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear