Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Animal Rescue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:00 am

Wow, most of these collections are unreal. Really beautiful set ups over the course of this thread. LOT'S of inspiring gear and ideas. Makes the synths/keyboards I use look weak and anemic. Basically a Red Minibrute, Various Korg Volcas, Korg microKey Air, a HUGE collection of guitar/bass effect pedals and a load of soft synths, using on loan for a little bit an Aira Tb-3 and Roland Tr-08.
Time to sell a few guitars and basses to cover the cost of the new synths/drum machines I need after reading through these pages. Very cool, I'm looking forward to it.
There is a heck of a lot of knowledge over these pages. Thanks for the ideas!
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Postby oscillateur » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:48 am

Animal Rescue wrote:Wow, most of these collections are unreal. Really beautiful set ups over the course of this thread. LOT'S of inspiring gear and ideas. Makes the synths/keyboards I use look weak and anemic. Basically a Red Minibrute, Various Korg Volcas, Korg microKey Air, a HUGE collection of guitar/bass effect pedals and a load of soft synths, using on loan for a little bit an Aira Tb-3 and Roland Tr-08.
Time to sell a few guitars and basses to cover the cost of the new synths/drum machines I need after reading through these pages. Very cool, I'm looking forward to it.
There is a heck of a lot of knowledge over these pages. Thanks for the ideas!

Big heaps of shiny gear are certainly nice but are by no means necessary to make music. I'd argue that in many cases they can be counter-productive as you spende more and more time thinking about gear and how to use it instead of, you know, actually using it :).

I now have a nice modular (though small compared to some people around here), synths and lots of effects but I used to play concerts with basically a Casio SK1, some effects and a looper. With a gameboy or a circuit bent drum machine here and there sometimes.

A Minibrute, some Volcas and effect pedals is a great setup and definitely not weak nor anemic :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 am

100%. Brands (a user here) more or less uses just a microgranny and some effects and he makes WAY better music than I could ever.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Animal Rescue » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:30 pm

oscillateur wrote:I'd argue that in many cases they can be counter-productive as you spend more and more time thinking about gear and how to use it instead of, you know, actually using it :).

Completely agree with that. Been lost in gear way too many times. The choices are so overwhelming, nothing gets done but exploring sound. Never get around to pressing record...
But still, I'm thinking another synth and drum machine have to be added to the collection.
Animal Rescue (Mass Extinction)
https://soundcloud.com/animal-rescue-me
Animal Rescue

interested
interested

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:08 pm

Let me know if you can see this :D

I was playing with my volca keys wot I got for SS2018

its rad

Last edited by Gigahearts_FX on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Can't see.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dinoadventures » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:07 pm

dinoadventures

interested
interested

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 am

Yamaha Reface series, how are you liking them?
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 am

Disarm D'arcy wrote:Yamaha Reface series, how are you liking them?

The YC is awesome if you like old organs sounds OR harmonic drones. The built-in chorus, reverb and distortion are serviceable and are great to push/add to external pedals and the wysiwyg interface is excellent. The drawbars are really cool and the 6 organs models are different enough to be useful but there are not too many of them so you don't get lost in options hell. Note that disabling the rotary effect (with the stick on the left) is pretty useful to get more clarity when using pedals with it.

The CP seems great for electric piano sounds (with cool effects) but I wanted droning things so I got the YC.
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TwinAmCathedral » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:56 am

My setup (almost) for a gig I played a few weeks ago. The MG-1 was provided by the festival,the songs we were recreating used a Moog Rogue but they couldn't find one and I don't have a flight case for mine. It was pretty messed so they provided me witha sub phatty instead, I brought my microbrute as a backup but played the show with the phatty.

TwinAmCathedral

interested
interested

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 am

Now tell me about how you incorporate that trumpet into your set.

I've been toying around with the idea of buying a clarinet to put through everything, but trumpet usage is very much a super cool idea.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TwinAmCathedral » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Now tell me about how you incorporate that trumpet into your set.

I've been toying around with the idea of buying a clarinet to put through everything, but trumpet usage is very much a super cool idea.

Nothing too wild! Just having it mic'd with some verb (I think). They had us perform a score we did for a short film, one of the songs I play cornet on. Rented a trumpet for the festival, busted it out once or twice during the set. The song we used it on was this one https://nehiyawak.bandcamp.com/track/mahihkan-suite-2

TwinAmCathedral

interested
interested

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 pm

^^^This is good. I like this.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TwinAmCathedral » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 pm

$harkToootth wrote:^^^This is good. I like this.

Thanks! Nice avatar, that's Shintaro Kago right? I got him to draw my band haha. Haven't used the illustrations for anything yet though, also my drummer moved away so I'll have to figure that out.
TwinAmCathedral

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 pm

$harkToootth wrote:^^^This is good. I like this.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear