Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Mosfed » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:27 pm

chrisdermo wrote:I added the clockworks to my setup this evening. Really opens up polyrhythmic capabilities in my gear!
All this stuff doesn't fit on a pedalboard now. I even cleared off my terra and it doesn't even come close to being big enough. Anyone got any ideas/examples of where I could find a case type thing to mount everything on the base and in the lid?

So cool
Mosfed

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:44 am

I've been watching synthmania for years, but I think his channel is my favorite now. He has been inspiring me to use my equipment more and more (namely the TR-707). Favorite channel used to be Jexus and I still love his work. Different sounds and approach though (your not going to get instructions for Jexus).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby paulandpaul » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:45 pm

:)*
Attachments
zghbsxgf (800x600).jpg
paulandpaul

involved
involved

Postby Pepe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Well, that's a cool looking case! How is the VERB? I have several Hotone pedals (and they are overall superb for the size and the price) and the VERB is the next model that I wanted to acquire.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby paulandpaul » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 am

Pepe wrote:Well, that's a cool looking case! How is the VERB? I have several Hotone pedals (and they are overall superb for the size and the price) and the VERB is the next model that I wanted to acquire.

Thanks! I'm using the Verb for the Minimal Drone, so I really didn't need a reverb that was anything special, just something to give it a little additional texture and space, but I must say it sounds pretty great. Especially for the $35 I paid for it. It has a pretty long decay time, does 100% wet really well, the shimmer button is useful, and the size is perfect for my little setup. A zillion times better sounding than the Behringer RV600, which had a terrible bypass and a crazy volume drop.
paulandpaul

involved
involved

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Ruiner wrote:Image

More is more
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:57 pm

Don't see that Mantis case, Ruiner... wanna give it to me? :cool:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:58 am

It's probably in his toilets studio. With the other leftovers that didn't fit in the main room :).
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:53 am

Man I want a toilet rig that's more than an iPad app now
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ruiner » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:55 am

Sorry kbit, i'm now going to build a toilet rig attached to the wall. Question is.... will i run out of toilet paper or patch cables first??????

(still have it, considering selling it but may keep it depending on what i'm going to do when these cases fill up)
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 am

Chankgeez wrote:I wish this were mine:

I look at these about once a year for a couple of days. I'm a sucker for suitcase synths and a pin matrix...I inevitably see the price for that Vostok though and go :no:. It does look cool and sound great.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:47 am

Also, between Ruiner and paulandpaul, great set ups and methods! I never got to try a reface but I think they sound awesome!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moogboy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I look at these about once a year for a couple of days. I'm a sucker for suitcase synths and a pin matrix...I inevitably see the price for that Vostok though and go :no:. It does look cool and sound great.

I desperately wanted one of these for about 12 years. First couldn't handle the price, discovered that the used market prices are sorta reasonable-ish for it and found it to be...okay? I did some cool recordings with it and I think I'd really enjoy having it right now but the prices are ridiculous and for the kind of money involved I'd go elsewhere. the matrix is cool for setting up certain basic patches and pieces of patches, but it wasn't as much fun as I thought to have to mix cables and matrix for complex stuff.
I play guitar and modular synthesizer in Juggable Offense.
juggableoffense.bandcamp.com
moogboy

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:17 pm

^^^Thanks for the insight! From what I read you are not alone. I just looked up what these things go for second hand and, spoiler alert, my car cost less :lol: :cry:.
I believe they have the MS-20 Filter too? Which I am already inundated with in my own synth fleet.

I have no idea what I would get if I had 3G to spend on a synth (EDIT: As I typed I saw one Vostok go for over 5G). I'm such a wimp that I would only use maybe $900 of it and donate the rest of the budget to charity or give it to my parents or something.

In about two weeks I plan to post my whole fleet. I have two more synths coming in the mail, one should be here soon the other...is another story...
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear