HELP with my Drolo Molecular Dirsuptor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

HELP with my Drolo Molecular Dirsuptor

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:19 pm

I can’t get most of the patches to produce any effect, let alone when I turn it on it doesn’t give me anything other than a clean signal. I adjust the knobs and nothing happens. This is extremely frustrating. Any ideas or tips?
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Re: HELP with my Drolo Molecular Dirsuptor

Postby frodog » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:24 pm

I'm sure drolo will be happy to help you, he has a sub-forum here:

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewforum.php?f=278
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks I will post there.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 pm

Nothing on bank 1 works.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Do these pedals have a history of going out on anyone else?
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Drolo stuff is very well made. Its possible that the bank switch is not working properly, or there aren't any programs in bank 1. If everything in bank 2 works properly then the pedal is otherwise fine.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:57 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Drolo stuff is very well made. Its possible that the bank switch is not working properly, or there aren't any programs in bank 1. If everything in bank 2 works properly then the pedal is otherwise fine.
. I bet it’s the bank switch. There were patches working on bank 1 when I last played it. So what now? How do I get this fixed. I have never repaired a pedal before. I don’t want to send it back to Europe or whatever. It’s not worth the money to do so. I feel like I am just fucked with a broken pedal.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Well I emailed him with the issue. Let’s see if he answers back. Otherwise the pedal is getting smashed and going in the trash.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:07 pm

CrazyDroneDream wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Drolo stuff is very well made. Its possible that the bank switch is not working properly, or there aren't any programs in bank 1. If everything in bank 2 works properly then the pedal is otherwise fine.
. I bet it’s the bank switch. There were patches working on bank 1 when I last played it. So what now? How do I get this fixed. I have never repaired a pedal before. I don’t want to send it back to Europe or whatever. It’s not worth the money to do so. I feel like I am just fucked with a broken pedal.

If you bought the pedal new he will fix it. Heck, even if you didn't buy it new. David is solid. I know it's frustrating but no need to freak out. Send him an email. If you ordered with him it's the same email he sent your order on. It'll be alright man.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 pm

CrazyDroneDream wrote:Otherwise the pedal is getting smashed and going in the trash.

That's definitely what I do when a pedal works perfectly fine on 50% of its programs.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:30 pm

shikawkee wrote:
CrazyDroneDream wrote:

If you bought the pedal new he will fix it. Heck, even if you didn't buy it new. David is solid. I know it's frustrating but no need to freak out. Send him an email. If you ordered with him it's the same email he sent your order on. It'll be alright man.

I sent a email to him. Hopefully you are right and he can solve the problem. It’s just super frustrating to spend a lot of money on something that doesn’t work so soon after you bought it. I have been dealing with a lot of shit lately and this kind of got to me/was a breaking point.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:33 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
CrazyDroneDream wrote:Otherwise the pedal is getting smashed and going in the trash.

That's definitely what I do when a pedal works perfectly fine on 50% of its programs.

I like the Sarcasm. In all seriousness thanks for the link earlier and I hope the problem will be resolved. It’s just frustrating and things in my life just haven’t been going my way. I can’t catch a break. Thank you for your help though. :thumb:
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Postby Glitches&switches » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:33 pm

That pedal is very touchy with the knobs being different on every parameter, I had the same experience, read what the controls do in each mode, if you do not have the knobs set right that can happen, play with it some more and do some reading I am sure it works. I love the patches but I sold mine because it was too hard to remember what the knobs do in each setting and it is not an easy pedal to use on the fly, more of a studio piece imo, not great for on the fly live situations, it's a complicated machine. David is super helpful but I can almost guarantee that you just don't have the knobs adjusted correctly.
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:37 pm

If you set the knobs at noon on any given patch you'll get at least a little something going on. Only a few have a dead-zone at noon on a control. If the OP didn't turn knobs before declaring all of Bank 1 non-functional that would be surprising.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby CrazyDroneDream » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. I spoke with David and we fixed the problem. I had to open up the back and bang on a component that was locked up.
CrazyDroneDream

committed
committed

Next

Return to General Gear