Chorus/Vibrato Pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Chorus/Vibrato Pedals

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:26 am

If I still had a second working foot for pedal usage, I'd be with you, sir.

As, well, the CE-1/JC circuit is my "must have" - whether it's in a pedal or the amp, and the vibrato even moreso.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Maybe I should skip the bullshit and just buy a JC- :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:47 pm

You know you want to!

Bob's Country Bunker awaits, I'm sure the cow stencils still exist!

==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:06 pm

CrookedRainJr wrote:Is a Clone Theory any good? I have a Small Clone which is great, wondering if the circuit is the same and the vibrato makes it worth it.

The OGs are awesome, haven't heard as much good about the new ones
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby digi2t » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Strymon Ola does both. You can save a favorite setting, which you can select via footswitch.

Set your fav chorus and retain it to memory, then set it to your favorite vibrato (or vice versa). just switch between the two with the footswitch.

The chorus and the vib are very tasty on this. Plus some other neat controls to boot.
"Turn down the amp, strum harder." - PRR

http://www.deadendfx.com/
digi2t

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:46 pm

digi2t wrote:Strymon Ola does both. You can save a favorite setting, which you can select via footswitch.

Set your fav chorus and retain it to memory, then set it to your favorite vibrato (or vice versa). just switch between the two with the footswitch.

The chorus and the vib are very tasty on this. Plus some other neat controls to boot.

Yea I mentioned that one in my OP, but no one chimed in on it, haha. It's the pricier of the available options I've come across so far, but certainly meets the requirements! Thanks for the suggestion.

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:59 pm

It's not doing what you are looking for… but I can't wait for the Caroline Somersault Chorus/Vibrato.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

sylnau wrote:It's not doing what you are looking for… but I can't wait for the Caroline Somersault Chorus/Vibrato.

No doubt! Needs more demos :snax:

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aens_wife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 pm

sylnau wrote:It's not doing what you are looking for… but I can't wait for the Caroline Somersault Chorus/Vibrato.

I played one at namm for a bit and it really is great.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Efrentijuana » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Hey, i have a small pedal company from Mexico, and we revealed a new chorus/vibrato pedal with envelope follower, the Futura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFINPOqgzA&t=8s
Efrentijuana

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby echorec » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:03 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:14 am

Efrentijuana wrote:Hey, i have a small pedal company from Mexico, and we revealed a new chorus/vibrato pedal with envelope follower, the Futura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNFINPOqgzA&t=8s

:eek:

That thing sounds amazing and does a lot of neat stuff. Great demo :thumb:
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Big Mon » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:16 am

Jero wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:
Jero wrote:So the zooms might work out, do you just hold the foot switch down to change between presets or?

Yes, that's one way to do it. You set up A,B,C... presets and scrolls through them sequentially.
Or you can make the switch act as typical on/off but you wouldn't be able to scroll through presets, you would have to press the small arrow switches surrounding the main switch.
There are some mods to add external switches and stuff, but IMO those zoom are better to have them in a desk setup.

Thanks, I'll look into that one some more! I remember there being a bit of buzz around here with people liking those.

rfurtkamp wrote:Mod a CE-2W for footswitch control of the mode selector?

:thumb: There's a good chance I'll do something like that with the CE, Small Clone, Moog, etc. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap Retro Sonic like popvulture recommended too, as that's what it is already. Seems cheaper route than some of the others I've found, like the Ola, and analog.

All of this has got me thinking about making my own thing though really :idea: The views to responses may suggest I'm one of few people interested in something like this but... :idk: :snax:

Before even reading this thread, I was like, "make one, sucka!" :p
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:10 am

A Way Huge mini Blue Hippo MkIII arrived in the mail yesterday. It does both chorus and vibrato equally well with minimal noise, though there is a bit of a volume boost. My favorite chorus/vib texture of all time is the vintage vibraflange edition EHX Clone Theory, which would still be on my board if it were less hissy and bulky.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:23 am

ck3 wrote:A Way Huge mini Blue Hippo MkIII arrived in the mail yesterday. It does both chorus and vibrato equally well with minimal noise, though there is a bit of a volume boost. My favorite chorus/vib texture of all time is the vintage vibraflange edition EHX Clone Theory, which would still be on my board if it were less hissy and bulky.

Would it perhaps interest you and perhaps Jero too that I have a couple of 1590B boards for the vintage Clone Theory I designed with a built in switchable noise gate that I was going to release (before changing my mind)? Has the feedback from the Vibra-Flange on a knob too (originally negative feedback, the knobs allows positive or negative) so it can be dialled in to taste and an extended rate range.
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear