Chorus/Vibrato Pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Chorus/Vibrato Pedals

Postby Jero » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Feel free to discuss various chorus/vibrato/both that you like, even if they don't meet the criteria!

...but I'm looking for something that can do both, but on the fly, via a foot switch.

Off the top of my head I can only think of the BBE Mind Bender...but something with separate controls would be nice. I don't find myself always wanting them both to be the same settings. Maybe there's something out there with savable presets? (that isn't huge/a bunch of other stuff I don't need)

...Strymon Ola?
Last edited by Jero on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Chorus/Vibrato Pedals

Postby Jero » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Is there room inside the Moog MF pedals to put extra foot switches?

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:43 pm

Matthews Chemist
Fender Bubbler
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Retro Sonic Chorus. It's a clone of a Boss CE-1 with a couple additional controls—it's got a footswitch for going between vibrato and chorus. Not sure if it's going to be exactly the vibrato you're looking for, but it sounds REALLY good imho. I hadn't used mine in a while and was recently thinking about selling it, but immediately was like "nope" as soon as I plugged it in.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:20 pm

I think the CE-1 mods Rivera used to do in the 80s had separate vibrato and chorus knobs. Good luck finding one.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:12 pm

popvulture wrote:Retro Sonic Chorus. It's a clone of a Boss CE-1 with a couple additional controls—it's got a footswitch for going between vibrato and chorus. Not sure if it's going to be exactly the vibrato you're looking for, but it sounds REALLY good imho. I hadn't used mine in a while and was recently thinking about selling it, but immediately was like "nope" as soon as I plugged it in.

I just looked this up. Why didn’t I know about this pedal? Looks awesome! I want one. And it looks like exactly what o.p. was looking for.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 pm

echorec wrote:Matthews Chemist

:thumb: This...really seems pretty awesome, thank you. Had forgot all about Mathews Effects. Thinking I want their delay/verb too :facepalm:

popvulture wrote:Retro Sonic Chorus. It's a clone of a Boss CE-1 with a couple additional controls—it's got a footswitch for going between vibrato and chorus. Not sure if it's going to be exactly the vibrato you're looking for, but it sounds REALLY good imho. I hadn't used mine in a while and was recently thinking about selling it, but immediately was like "nope" as soon as I plugged it in.

I'll check it it! Sounds right on paper. I actually checked the Waza CE cause I thought it had a remote jack to change modes...it does not :(

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:03 pm

misterstomach wrote:

I just looked this up. Why didn’t I know about this pedal? Looks awesome! I want one. And it looks like exactly what o.p. was looking for.

I think the brand gets sorta slept on for some reason, but they make really great stuff. Maybe the design is a little hokey looking? Not bad, but the whole retro thing might seem a little out of sync with current trends.

Jero wrote:I'll check it it! Sounds right on paper. I actually checked the Waza CE cause I thought it had a remote jack to change modes...it does not :(

I have the version one back from the current, which only has an Intensity knob for the chorus side. I like the simplicity of this, but the newer versions have separate rate and depth controls, so hey—more flexibility. Switching from the slower chorus sound to a faster vibe sound is fantastic on this pedal... really does that awesome underwater psych thing well.

Dunno, I really hate chorus for the most part, but this one and the Small Clone work for me.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:39 pm

MD500?
MS50/70/etc.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Jero wrote:Is there room inside the Moog MF pedals to put extra foot switches?

Kinda, it will be alot of hacking and idk if the enclosure will hold up
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CrookedRainJr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Is a Clone Theory any good? I have a Small Clone which is great, wondering if the circuit is the same and the vibrato makes it worth it.
CrookedRainJr

interested
interested

Postby Jero » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 pm

tremolo3 wrote:MD500?
MS50/70/etc.

So the zooms might work out, do you just hold the foot switch down to change between presets or?
...MD500 falls under "(isn't huge/a bunch of other stuff I don't need)" but I appreciate the suggestions all the same ;)

qersty wrote:
Jero wrote:Is there room inside the Moog MF pedals to put extra foot switches?

Kinda, it will be alot of hacking and idk if the enclosure will hold up

Oh that's plenty of room! Thanks for the image. Wouldn't be too hard at all to make work.

CrookedRainJr wrote:Is a Clone Theory any good? I have a Small Clone which is great, wondering if the circuit is the same and the vibrato makes it worth it.

I've actually never tried one. Kind of forgot about that pedal, but I remember being interested in them years ago. I think the general opinion was that the small clone sounded better and less noisy? It would be easy enough to mod a small clone to have a vibrato option like the clone theory. It's literally just a dry kill.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:13 pm

Jero wrote:So the zooms might work out, do you just hold the foot switch down to change between presets or?

Yes, that's one way to do it. You set up A,B,C... presets and scrolls through them sequentially.

Or you can make the switch act as typical on/off but you wouldn't be able to scroll through presets, you would have to press the small arrow switches surrounding the main switch.

There are some mods to add external switches and stuff, but IMO those zoom are better to have them in a desk setup.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:07 pm

Mod a CE-2W for footswitch control of the mode selector?
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:14 am

tremolo3 wrote:
Jero wrote:So the zooms might work out, do you just hold the foot switch down to change between presets or?

Yes, that's one way to do it. You set up A,B,C... presets and scrolls through them sequentially.
Or you can make the switch act as typical on/off but you wouldn't be able to scroll through presets, you would have to press the small arrow switches surrounding the main switch.
There are some mods to add external switches and stuff, but IMO those zoom are better to have them in a desk setup.

Thanks, I'll look into that one some more! I remember there being a bit of buzz around here with people liking those.

rfurtkamp wrote:Mod a CE-2W for footswitch control of the mode selector?

:thumb: There's a good chance I'll do something like that with the CE, Small Clone, Moog, etc. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap Retro Sonic like popvulture recommended too, as that's what it is already. Seems cheaper route than some of the others I've found, like the Ola, and analog.

All of this has got me thinking about making my own thing though really :idea: The views to responses may suggest I'm one of few people interested in something like this but... :idk: :snax:

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear