Clicks/MIDI Clock Live?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Clicks/MIDI Clock Live?

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am

Does anyone run their whole band to a MIDI clock/click for tap tempo and such? I’ve been working on a new project that’s spacier with much longer songs, and between incorporating synths and heavier delay and reverb textures it seems like it’d be cool to have everything synced.

https://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/s ... controller

I was thinking about using that running MIDI and tap tempo out to our delays and reverbs. I’m not sure what to use for a click/master clock without a computer?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Clicks/MIDI Clock Live?

Postby WORMDIRT » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:41 am

Can you pick a synth and run its midi clock to a splitter box then run everything into that? That shit I scary for me haha getting everyone tuned in an HXC band is headache enough for me
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 am

WORMDIRT wrote:Can you pick a synth and run its midi clock to a splitter box then run everything into that? That shit I scary for me haha getting everyone tuned in an HXC band is headache enough for me

That’s kinda what I was thinking? Also I feel that, I’m going from playing entirely in hardcore bands to doing this post metal thing and a lot of the tiny details like this are just shit I’ve never considered.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm

I use a Selah Quartz Timer to sync the tempo of my whole board, and recently considered the possibility of moving that off my board, hooking it up to everyone in the band's pedals, and giving control of it to our drummer. You can't just have your drummer tap in the tempo? You specifically want it externally controlled by a device?
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Benn Roe wrote:I use a Selah Quartz Timer to sync the tempo of my whole board, and recently considered the possibility of moving that off my board, hooking it up to everyone in the band's pedals, and giving control of it to our drummer. You can't just have your drummer tap in the tempo? You specifically want it externally controlled by a device?

Ideally it’d be running to a BPM based click and sending tap from that, but that said yeah my drummer could definitely do it too. I’m just kinda a control freak about that stuff.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 pm

You can't be in a post metal band if you don't have a dude on Mac duty.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:19 pm

D.o.S. wrote:You can't be in a post metal band if you don't have a dude on Mac duty.

Honestly this seems like the best move and I can have my vocalist trigger everything, I just really want to avoid having a computer on stage I guess.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:26 pm

Just hide it behind your projector screen
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Alternatively, you could go the Ufomammut route and use the Keith McMillan Soft and 12 step triggers for samples and your clock if you don't want the computer on stage and want to stamp heavily on things.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

I do that with my analog pattern robots band. Click is from Ableton on a Notebook and i use that via MIDI on 5 effects on my board.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to General Gear