Gear Goals 2019



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby SecretMachine » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 am

1) Sell all the pedals that I have that I don't need / use (sold 2 already)
2) Hunt down a Boss RV-2 / RV-3 + a Japanese Fender Jaguar in Gunmetal Blue with humbuckers when I go to Japan next month
3) Fail at finding these things and stare into the void
4) Sell my VOX AC15 - buy a VOX AC30
5) Break my back carrying VOX AC30
SecretMachine

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:51 am

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby BoatRich » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Hopefully selling my JCM 900 for a Mesa Stiletto Deuce on Friday and picking up a Recto cab at the same time, so that starts the year off pretty well. Now all I need to do is build the shred Tele of my dreams. Also fix my V4, buy a twin, find an SVT-2 non pro
BoatRich

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm

I don't set gear goals, I just fly by the seat of my pants. If something really speaks to me, I'll probably buy it. However, I might cull the herd a little this year, but even that isn't really a positive-definite goal.
Lurker13

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28557
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:29 pm

SecretMachine wrote:3) Fail at finding these things and stare into the void


That sounds like a fine plan, tbh.
Paul_C

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:57 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.


And Asian people.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."


PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:09 am
Location: Tijuana

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Eivind August » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:27 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Bigger pedal board because Zen is for amateurs.

https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?


Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5677
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby mannequin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

buy less pedals on impulse. i've been trying to save up for ableton + studio monitors + new synths but dumb ol impulse pedal purchases keep getting in the way.

at the same time i really want the new caroline fuzz oops
mannequin

interested
interested
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:49 pm

mannequin wrote:buy less pedals on impulse. i've been trying to save up for ableton + studio monitors + new synths but dumb ol impulse pedal purchases keep getting in the way.

at the same time i really want the new caroline fuzz oops

I feel your pain; why are studio monitors so difficult to buy? Every time I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair I get distracted by something shiny
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 pm

Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.
Lurker13

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby rfurtkamp » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Goalless me has already bought more rack gear than I have rack space for, so...yea.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

Image
rfurtkamp

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5463
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 am
Location: Idaho

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby dubkitty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Lurker13 wrote:Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.


is this for performance or recording? for recording IMO you're way better off with a MIDI or USB keyboard controller and plug-ins. if you want a live keyboard the larger Casios have startlingly good organ sounds...i have one my ex bought me in the 00s which has a whole separate organ menu with multiple editable parameters which can B3 till the cows come home.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10928
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:57 pm

dubkitty wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.


is this for performance or recording? for recording IMO you're way better off with a MIDI or USB keyboard controller and plug-ins. if you want a live keyboard the larger Casios have startlingly good organ sounds...i have one my ex bought me in the 00s which has a whole separate organ menu with multiple editable parameters which can B3 till the cows come home.

It would be for recording. I have only the most rudimentary of keyboard skills, so I just want something on the starter level.

So talk to me about MIDI or USB keyboard controllers and plug-ins, because I know nothing about them. How would I use them? Currently, I record my guitar from my Fender SCX2 straight into my laptop via USB cable and use Audacity as my DAW.

Please and thank you. :)
Lurker13

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Jero » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:05 am

Lurker13 wrote:
dubkitty wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:Okay, I just set a goal: buy an inexpensive keyboard so I can get some of that sleazy Sixties garage/psych-style organ action going on. I'm thinking Yamaha PSR-E263.


is this for performance or recording? for recording IMO you're way better off with a MIDI or USB keyboard controller and plug-ins. if you want a live keyboard the larger Casios have startlingly good organ sounds...i have one my ex bought me in the 00s which has a whole separate organ menu with multiple editable parameters which can B3 till the cows come home.

It would be for recording. I have only the most rudimentary of keyboard skills, so I just want something on the starter level.

So talk to me about MIDI or USB keyboard controllers and plug-ins, because I know nothing about them. How would I use them? Currently, I record my guitar from my Fender SCX2 straight into my laptop via USB cable and use Audacity as my DAW.

Please and thank you. :)

Also interested and listening :snax:
Jero

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10393
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am
Location: here

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am

I just remembered I should probably sell my electric piano and get a midi keyboard.... :snax:
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8648
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoatRich, foot, Google [Bot], Tom Von Kramm and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.