Gear Goals 2019

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 pm

please invest responsibly...it's possible to make a decent return without supporting the destruction of our planet.

me, i can't save money for shit cos i don't make that much, and my 401k->IRA got liquidated in 2013 so i could survive after 3 years of unemployment. but i've been working for so long now that my Social Security payments will be like $2400/mo., and likely higher after another 10 or 15 years of plonking about.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby friendship » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:23 pm

That's my plan. There are some ethical funds out there, and I'm not trying to get the most money possible at all costs.

That sucks about your 401k, but glad to hear that SS will pull through for you! Reducing your spending is the best/only way to save with limited income, which is perhaps weird advice to be giving on a forum dedicated to bleep boop boxes.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:01 pm

I paid off all debt in 2018 -- outside of the house but that'll be paid off in a few years and very low mortgage rates -- we've over paid so we're not paying much in interest at this stage, paid off about 5 years early. Wife is a money wizard.

But yeah, used some money I had invested in the stock market to pay off student loans. Turned around and put what I was paying monthly (aggressively) for student loans into 401k. Young enough that a little catch up will go a long way.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby friendship » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:57 pm

odontophobia wrote:I paid off all debt in 2018 -- outside of the house but that'll be paid off in a few years and very low mortgage rates -- we've over paid so we're not paying much in interest at this stage, paid off about 5 years early. Wife is a money wizard.

But yeah, used some money I had invested in the stock market to pay off student loans. Turned around and put what I was paying monthly (aggressively) for student loans into 401k. Young enough that a little catch up will go a long way.

Fiscal Responsibility Goals 2019

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:51 pm

nice work!

I've got two monthly payments left on my mortgage and then I'm done.

Still got a big credit card debt to pay off but I'm fairly sure I can get rid of it in the next five years, then I'll be debt free.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:00 pm

Another goal...Learn how to program drums &/or just remember how to use my drum machine again (that I forgot I had :facepalm: )

retinal orbita wrote:If anything I’d like to build a shelf/display for my effects (I see a lot of cool stuff on Pinterest and Instagram) so i can have everything on display and not sitting in plastic tubs in my closet when I’m not using them on my board and actually get more use out of stuff I have now.

Been thinking about this too! Just haven't decided how I should go about it...I'll more than likely not be able to choose a shelf setup I like/get lazy, end up staining a piece of wood, mounting velcro to it, and just putting that on the wall :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:28 pm

1) Finish building my Telecaster, for which all parts are already in-hand.
2) Replace the humbuckers in my SG with a pair of Frost Giants I already have, and find a more interesting pickguard to match.
3) Start planning out and building a baritone guitar.
4) Replace my guitar pedalboard with a custom-built, folding one, and get a Mercury7 to finish it up.
5) Get a Freqout, Mini, Shigeharu, Tonal Recall RKM, and small-to-medium pedalboard to finish up my baritone board.
6) Get a small board for my bass pedals.
7) Replace the two blown speakers in my Quad Reverb with Redbacks, and subsequently replace the other two speakers with the same.
Last edited by Benn Roe on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:54 am

1) buy a 3D printer
2) buy proper studio monitors
3) sell a bunch of stuff that I don't use to afford a 3D printer and studio monitors
4) circuit bend and DIY the stuff I don't sell
5) record some things
6) learn more piano
7) buy a Mutable Stages
8) finish building a bass board
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:07 am

Print studio monitors?
Print 3d printer?
Sell 3d printer?
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Paul_C » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 am

Paul_C wrote:Not much, I'd like to add a Tensor and maybe one or two others if I have spare funds, otherwise it's going to be making noises with what I have.

Oh no!

New year, more new thoughts.

Maybe I should sell one or two of the pedals that almost never get switched on, and use the money for something else ?

It's a very confusing feeling ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Print studio monitors?
Print 3d printer?
Sell 3d printer?

On it!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:37 am

Fully understand that I shouldn't make goals because I will fail to achieve them. Might as well bet on black and red at the same time.

2019 goals:
1) Buy pedals
2) Hate myself
3) Sell more pedals
4) Complete my 7U case
5) Release 2 albums, because 1 just seems like too much anyway might as well shoot for 2
6) Do a collaboration
7) Break up one of my bands
8) Play a show
9) Break up the 2nd band
10) Set more things on fire
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby popvulture » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:29 am

neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby calfzilla » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

I would just like to find more time to play in general. Haven't touched anything music related in months. Which makes my decision to buy a new amp completely baffling.
I, myself, am a shit post
calfzilla

experienced
experienced

Postby dubkitty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

i just picked up three of my guitars yesterday for the first time in like 3 months. i'm not really grooving at the moment because i don't have new material to work on and am utterly bored with my current playing style. also, my board is totally torn up because it was too noisy for daisy-chains any more and i cannae afford an isolated power supply. what i really should probably do is get out the acoustics to write...i can't write on electric for beans.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear