Gear Goals 2019

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:12 pm

I should probably sell one of my SGVs since I am (as of yet) unable to play both at once.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby baremountain » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:43 pm

A little late to the party as most of your lists are earlier, but:

- Keep practicing keyboard & learning how to compose with this instrument
- Not bring a million things for my tour rig, and be happy about it (currently my rig is at Organelle, CZ-1, & OP-1 with Shallow Water, Tensor, and Dark World & I'm pretty content)
- Do bring a few extra things on tour for funsies, like my SP to make beats and stuff in the van
- Get a road case for my keyboard
- Liquidate a couple grand of gear to go towards eliminating my debt (and I really mean it this time!!!!!)
- Allow a few impulse purchases (new Make Noise & Mutables always welcome), but largely focus on getting better with what I have
- Record more than last year
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Where are you gonna get your road case? I've never bought one individually, rather just acquired them with various gear purchases over the years. I need a case for my Model D, but the official Moog ones are fucking $$$550$$$. Absurd.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm not too sure, I had people suggest Sweetwater. My friend got a few SKB cases from there and they seemed durable as heck when we did a little jaunt across the south last May. He may even let me borrow his for at least the first tour, which would actually be hella nice lol. Not sure how big the Model D is, but it might fit in one of the SKBs which seem to be more around the $200-400 range, which is still kinda a lot but I get it.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Yeah I mean, I don't mind paying a decent bit but I don't wanna pay a couple extra hundo for a big logo :idk:

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:16 pm

One thing to look at for synth/keys stuff are the multi-use cases (the Pelicans etc) for guns/cameras/video gear.

Sometimes cheaper than alternatives, and will work well if the item fits!
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Yeah the vid production guys I work with use Pelicans for everything. They're rad. Wonder if they make one big enough at the proportions of a Minimoog, haha... would definitely not mind that config.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Eivind August wrote:I should probably sell one of my SGVs since I am (as of yet) unable to play both at once.

:lol:

I'm the process of selling all the gear I don't use. Feels pretty good, actually. Pedals and synths are much easier for me to sell than guitars and basses though.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
Eivind August wrote:I should probably sell one of my SGVs since I am (as of yet) unable to play both at once.

:lol:

I'm the process of selling all the gear I don't use. Feels pretty good, actually. Pedals and synths are much easier for me to sell than guitars and basses though.

It's like that time of year or something...
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:18 pm

if i even wanted to sell guitars, the only ones anybody would conceivably want are the two Tokais and the Rickenbacker 360. nobody's gonna want a parts Strat, a hot-rodded Gretsch Pro Jet, the totally revamped to 22.5" scale Squier Duo Sonic, or the Epiphone SG with the Vibrola on. and especially not the two arcane eBay parts guitars. maybe the Eastman 000 acoustic, but i wouldn't even consider that. i'm OK with it, though...make me have guitars with a broad variety of available sounds, i dare ya!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:08 am

Everything is sellable if it is priced right. Someone will find a value in those guitars, though you might expect more. You can always move something if the price is right. But if you enjoy them then why bother considering it?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Toonster » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:49 am

I wanna buy a cab, something tubescreamer style to put in front of the fuzz and I wanna build a wild idea for a new guitar!
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 pm

codetocontra wrote:Everything is sellable if it is priced right. Someone will find a value in those guitars, though you might expect more. You can always move something if the price is right. But if you enjoy them then why bother considering it?

I don't know, man. I haven't been able to give away my old 16-track Peavey powered mixing board. I started using it again, rather than have it hauled away.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Dowi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:30 am

UglyCasanova wrote:
Eivind August wrote:Pedals and synths are much easier for me to sell than guitars and basses though.

i feel the same.
Speaking of electric guitars i have managed to buy and sell just 3 or 4 of those some years ago, but right now i have three and i don't think i will ever be able to get rid of those :idk:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 am

Benn Roe wrote:
codetocontra wrote:Everything is sellable if it is priced right. Someone will find a value in those guitars, though you might expect more. You can always move something if the price is right. But if you enjoy them then why bother considering it?

I don't know, man. I haven't been able to give away my old 16-track Peavey powered mixing board. I started using it again, rather than have it hauled away.

Give away meaning free?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear