Gear Goals 2019

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Gear Goals 2019

Postby Jero » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:20 pm

fcknoise wrote:
spacelordmother wrote:Monologue is lit tho, besides having a single voice. :D

Have to have a keyboard? (not that you asked for help lol)

I have been meaning to ask for help at one point! Also been looking at a neutron, sh-01a or possibly a mother 32. It doesn't have to have a keyboard, you got any suggestions?

I haven't tried them yet, and may not be what you're looking for, but the waldorf stuff, like the rocket and streichfett always seemed cool
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Dowi wrote:
Dowi wrote:Primary goal:
Play more.
Secondary goals:
Downsize the board a little
Dr. Scientist the Atmosphere
A new standard analog voiced delay
A more experimental delay (any suggestions?)
A new OD that satisfies me

Actually I'm doing the exact opposite of downsizing, but for the rest I'm quite OK. Atmosphere is wonderful, Molecular Distruptor is a really cool experimental delay (and a lot more). Rubberneck is incoming as main analog one, and I decided not to change the OD but to go with the rehousing option, which should be done in a few days.

Now I "just" need to play more. :facepalm:

I'm really interested in the Molecular Disrupter. I kind of ignored it at first, but I'm wanting to get my hands on a more experimental delay. Might try to get in on a future run. Any ideas when that might be?

fcknoise wrote:

I have been meaning to ask for help at one point! Also been looking at a neutron, sh-01a or possibly a mother 32. It doesn't have to have a keyboard, you got any suggestions?

I have a Mother 32 for sale. I might even have two for sale :poke:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby fcknoise » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:32 am

Jero wrote:
fcknoise wrote:

I haven't tried them yet, and may not be what you're looking for, but the waldorf stuff, like the rocket and streichfett always seemed cool

Always liked the look of blofeld... But I think soundwise something that covers bass is more what I'd want.
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:35 am

MrNovember wrote:
Dowi wrote:
Play more.
Secondary goals:

Actually I'm doing the exact opposite of downsizing, but for the rest I'm quite OK. Atmosphere is wonderful, Molecular Distruptor is a really cool experimental delay (and a lot more). Rubberneck is incoming as main analog one, and I decided not to change the OD but to go with the rehousing option, which should be done in a few days.

I'm really interested in the Molecular Disrupter. I kind of ignored it at first, but I'm wanting to get my hands on a more experimental delay. Might try to get in on a future run. Any ideas when that might be?

fcknoise wrote:

I have a Mother 32 for sale. I might even have two for sale :poke:

Interesting! I would have to sell some stuff before I could consider this... Maybe I'll be ready when you sell the second one..?

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:14 am

JTurbide wrote:Selling 2-3 things to buy a gibson or gretsch.. or maybe a jagblaster..
Finally fixing the nut on my phantom guitar.

Appart from that my goals are to jam more, maybe record some stuff.. my new ms20 mini and volca sample (and some other stuff I'll probably get) should help

Well, I sold almost everything I wanted. I wanted a gretsch or gibson guitar but I am playing bass with my jam buddies so I got a Gibson Thunderbird :D !
Since I don't play much guitar these days the phantom nut will wait... It's not that bad anyway it just makes the action a bit high.. :idk:

We are also waiting on a confirmation to rent a jam space with other people so pretty excited about that ! I will finally be able to play my amps loud, and not play through shitty fucking amps laying around when you pay a cheap studio to play 2 hours.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm

fcknoise wrote:
Jero wrote:
fcknoise wrote:

Always liked the look of blofeld... But I think soundwise something that covers bass is more what I'd want.

I only got to play with it briefly, but the Sh-01a seemed pretty great. Micromonsta is also very cool and sounds amazing.

Given that you can FM the oscillators (and mod the hell out of everything else) I would be very surprised if you couldn't get good basses out of Blofeld. Shit is deeeeeeeep.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Dowi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm

MrNovember wrote:
Dowi wrote:
Play more.
Secondary goals:

[quote="MrNovember"]

I think I read yesterday on David's Instagram that it should be in a few weeks, there's a new batch of Stamme[n] coming tomorrow. I made a review of the first impressions in the Molecular thread, still have to write properly about the second 8 patches. In synthesis: truly an amazing device.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:45 am

spacelordmother wrote:
fcknoise wrote:
Jero wrote:
fcknoise wrote:

I only got to play with it briefly, but the Sh-01a seemed pretty great. Micromonsta is also very cool and sounds amazing.

Given that you can FM the oscillators (and mod the hell out of everything else) I would be very surprised if you couldn't get good basses out of Blofeld. Shit is deeeeeeeep.

Actually yeah, a blofeld would be pretty sick to have with an octa. I don't know yet though, I want to kind of just learn the octa in my own time before I get another deeeeeeep piece of gear. I mean, in that case I could also just invest in a mk1 analog four i suppose

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dandy13 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:27 pm

I wanna limit myself to 2 new pedals this year (besides Zoia)... I've decided on 2 of the following: Tensor, Particle2, Moment Machine, Fabrikat, Volante, Enzo.... Looking for something different to explore/experiment with. I currently have a count2 5 and a revolver as well as a quite a few delay options so I'm sure there is going to be some overlap, but I'd like to try and pick the 2 that will be the most different from what I already have.. Any suggestions or recommendations?
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:38 am

dandy13 wrote:I wanna limit myself to 2 new pedals this year (besides Zoia)... I've decided on 2 of the following: Tensor, Particle2, Moment Machine, Fabrikat, Volante, Enzo.... Looking for something different to explore/experiment with. I currently have a count2 5 and a revolver as well as a quite a few delay options so I'm sure there is going to be some overlap, but I'd like to try and pick the 2 that will be the most different from what I already have.. Any suggestions or recommendations?

If this are your only options and want something else from a delay i'd go with the Tensor because i think you can cover more or less everthing the Particle does with a CT5 and a Revolver (that said, the Particle 2 is going to have presets, which is useful). the Moment Machine is another device i'd really spend some time with, but it surely needs dedicaded time to learn and program it properly.
Not sure how i feel about the Enzo, everytime i watch a demo i feel like it lacks of something, and at the same time it has too much stuff i can't see myself use at all, but that's just related to my taste.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dandy13 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am

Dowi wrote:
dandy13 wrote:I wanna limit myself to 2 new pedals this year (besides Zoia)... I've decided on 2 of the following: Tensor, Particle2, Moment Machine, Fabrikat, Volante, Enzo.... Looking for something different to explore/experiment with. I currently have a count2 5 and a revolver as well as a quite a few delay options so I'm sure there is going to be some overlap, but I'd like to try and pick the 2 that will be the most different from what I already have.. Any suggestions or recommendations?

If this are your only options and want something else from a delay i'd go with the Tensor because i think you can cover more or less everthing the Particle does with a CT5 and a Revolver (that said, the Particle 2 is going to have presets, which is useful). the Moment Machine is another device i'd really spend some time with, but it surely needs dedicaded time to learn and program it properly.
Not sure how i feel about the Enzo, everytime i watch a demo i feel like it lacks of something, and at the same time it has too much stuff i can't see myself use at all, but that's just related to my taste.

Thanks for the reply
yea, I kinda feel the same way about Enzo.. But the main draw for me are the demos with it being used on drum machines and other less conventional sound sources. Then again, that may be more gimmicky than useful, not sure
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby Big Mon » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 pm

Hmmm....Get a new laptop, get a Bad Stone, an SG, a pointy, metal shred guitar, maybe another lap steel for C6 stuff, get an Aenima, a Bit. Soon sending my standard OG Velcroar to Fuzzhugger HQ for a special feature to be added (not oscillation). Might be more stuff down the line, who knows
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ognoy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:21 pm

ognoy wrote:Things I'm planning to spend money on in 2019:
-Reel-to-Reel machine, for playing with longer(than my 4-6 sec cassettes) tape loops. *CHECK*
-Upgrading my Puresalem Reverberation. Mastery trem, installing a pickup behind the bridge, maybe new pups(even though I like the stock pups).
-Bunch of cheap dirt pedals in different flavors to have laying around for studio use. *CHECK*
-Sampler. *CHECK* Didn't get a new one, but got my Zoom R8 working again, and borrowed a Octatrack for a while.
-Two Notes Torpedo Captor or similar load box/cabsim/amp-DI.
-Have old gear properly serviced.

Fun ideas that I'm not sure if I'll go through with or not:
-Getting a cello or viola. *CHECK*
-EGC-neck for my P-Bass.

Update december:
So I still need to upgrade the Reverberation, service old gear and maybe get some kind of amp-DI. Or not.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:05 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Fix or replace my guitar amp Got a new one, haven't fixed the old yet
Maaaaaybe get a wah pedal done! Very happy with it.
Possibly swap a couple of my pedals (reverb, flange) for hopefully cheaper replacements sold the flanger and didn't replace. probably keeping the RM1N

coldbrightsunlight wrote:I just remembered I should probably sell my electric piano and get a midi keyboard.... :snax: still on the fence about this

Not bad!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:14 pm

MrNovember wrote:1) buy a 3D printer
2) buy proper studio monitors
3) sell a bunch of stuff that I don't use to afford a 3D printer and studio monitors
4) circuit bend and DIY the stuff I don't sell

5) record some things
6) learn more piano
7) buy a second Mutable Tides 2
8) finish building a bass board

Still haven't bought a 3D printer. Going on 3 years of it being one of my top priorities! And now my computer died, so I'll have to replace that before I can even consider a 3D printer again.

I did sell pretty much everything I wasn't using, but I bought a Matriarch instead of a 3D printer. This also led to me downsizing my eurorack setup again so I never bought a second Tides. Very happy with my eurorack/Matriarch/Digitakt/DX7 setup, though!

Bass board is done and I am happy with it, I just need an actual pedalboard and power supply.

I have not learned much more piano or recorded much this year, which is kind of disappointing :(

So preliminary goals for next year:
1) learn more piano
2) record some stuff (I actually have more ideas/plans for this now so it might actually be feasible)
3) mod my Jag
4) buy a new computer (probably going to build a desktop)
5) buy a 3D printer (I have little faith this will happen)
6) buy a digital piano of some sort?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear