Best for sale listing descriptions?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:25 pm

Ooh, that's a good idea! :!!!: :lol: :idea:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby pack3tl055 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Image

https://reverb.com/item/21331611-this-1 ... depression

"This 100-year-old Gibson L-4 Archtop belonged to my great Uncle Pete, a railroad engineer who brought the guitar with him on every journey. The train's fireman, Frank, played harmonica. The duo played honky tonks and busked the train platforms for extra nickels during the Great Depression.

When I got it, it was missing half the tuners, so I had a professional install Waverly tuners. The bridge and tailpiece are temporary, as the guitar was not damaged and I have most original parts, including Old Pete's guitar picks. I have original pickguard, tailpiece, etc. I don't have original bridge, but it was not good. The StewMac adjustable ebony bridge sounds great and does no harm.

Old Pete was featured in The ToneQuest Report magazine, and has been the subject of paranormal activity. Pete was a drinker, and after playing a roadhouse in western Michigan, he was killed when his Model T Ford left the roadway and struck a tree in 1935. The guitar was on the passenger seat, and in its hardshell case and was unharmed.

Everyone who has played it swears it has an energy... On a lark, I took several guitars to a clairvoyant who hovered an amulet on a chain about each guitar, and nothing. When she tested the Old Gibson, the amulet swung wildly. She became frightened and asked me to leave. So if you're a wimp, don't buy this guitar. It will take you places you never thought of. I won't bullshit you... he's in there. This guitar has a living soul. So if you're going to leave it in a warehouse, don't buy it. It needs to be played... it will force you to play crazy stuff, and it will teach you things about yourself.

I won't send it to Japan because you guys shot at my dad in the war.

I prefer to keep it in Michigan, so Michiganders make an offer. I'll add a pic of the original parts. But don't use them, they sound crappy. It sounds strong with the StewMac temporary, non-invasive parts.

The guitar will come with original hardshell case, Pete's guitar picks. His picture, and directions to his grave site in Muskegon, Michigan. I encourage you to visit the grave, just leave Pete a whiskey and a joint.

One final note. Don't buy this guitar if you're going to rename it. It's Old Pete. Take it or leave it. You don't have to call it anything, just don't rename it Joe or Bill. Pete would not be happy.

Peace brothers and sisters. Time for a doobie!

PS When you play Old Pete, his songs come out, so you get lots of free original songs about whiskey and trains and fighting and women. And hard times. Real hard times! This guitar ain't for church. It's been spattered with booze, blood and snuff juice. And drinks flying through the air. Holy Crap!

If you want a perfect museum piece, don't buy this guitar. It'a not in mint condition. It's been in a damned railroad cab, with flying coal, hot steam, cleaning solvent. It has the miles, and the time, and it comes out in the music. Dues already paid in full. Many times over, in blood and sweat. And more hard times.

I think it's in great condition for a centurian, so don't buy it if you're going to freak out about nicks and dings. They were probably cause by a railroad wrench or a flying bottle in a blind pig. This is an honest relic, and has a vibration... an energy. Pete's in there, and he's happy as a lark. Just let him play now and then."

This is epic!
pack3tl055

interested
interested

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:39 pm

pack3tl055 wrote:
This is epic!

Several days later, I have still found myself thinking about Old Pete.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 am

Hello, shortfuse
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:02 am

pack3tl055 wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:The DX is more focused on sample manipulation and textural looping. The I and II are better for super short loops and noisy sounds. Aside from a couple modes they don't overlap much.

I bought a II a couple months ago for $300. I don't think they're $600 pedals when a Tensor does a lot of the noisy effects with ease for $299.

Wow, you got a steal of a deal at $300 considering it's not made anymore but I agree with you, "value" is subjective. I mean something is only worth what someone is willing to pay! Most of us look at that in terms of what a pedal offers and what can do the same but then there's that rarity and collector thought process, in it's current condition I had no idea what to ask, I wanted $400 for it and if it was mint I think that would have been fair but with the label missing it holds no real collectible value IMO. I was going to order a label and refinish it but got an offer that I was willing to take so I did. I still think the DX is a more useful tool than the earlier revisions as I think it's more unique and well the first two revisions are their own thing, I think there are other pedals that essentially cover that ground where as I don't know of anything that really overlaps what the DX is capable of, I have a Tensor and I tend to use my DX still and find it more interesting than the Tensor personally.

Considering that you have to remove part of the aluminum finish to re-adhere the graphic, that should have knocked the resale way down. It's a simple thing but 90% of people don't want to mess with that. That's why I offered my services. For cheap too. haha.

I've seen Revolver 2's sell for 300-400 many, many times. It's not really as rare as you'd think. There's a ton of them floating around out there. Now a Revolver I. I haven't seen one of those in a long ass time.

The problem with you ad was you didn't know what you wanted, so no one knew what to offer. LOL. So, now it's in the hands of a flipper, which is fine because it's all fair game IMO. If he gets that 600 more power to him. I don't think it will happen. Maybe trade value wise, but still probably not.

Value is definitely super subjective for sure. These last 4-5 years, used prices have been all over the place for almost everything. Hexe is awesome and I have a DX 16 inbound, but the resale isn't what it used to be. That's ok with me though! Hopefully more musicians get them in their hands!

Piotr also stopped making the Bitcrusher III (which is fucking amazing). I bought his very last one. I'd look at the value of resale but I love the pedal. :)

The Tensor and the DX combined is nirvana my friend. Pure nirvana. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby neonblack » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:15 pm

The reverb listing is still up, but for much less money now. But I thought he got rid of it? Fishy.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:09 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Hello, shortfuse

Hey Dickhead! :poke:
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:31 am

:idk:

https://reverb.com/item/21673515-mosrit ... 1984-black

"I know already that I will regret selling this guitar for the rest of my life so here's the deal, if you know what you're looking at here, then you'll know that these are rare as they come. And I WON'T be accepting ridiculous offers and/or RETURNS on this item.

This is a 90% original Mosrite VIII från 1984. TOTALLY REFURBISHED.

The guitar originally belonged to the singer-guitarist of one of the then hottest Punk'n'Roll bands from the late 90's from Örebro, Sweden. It toured Europe and Scandinavia a few times in the early 2000's and it's acquired a number of battle scars you can clearly see from the pictures. Everything is structurally sound and it's actually in better shape now (apart from the scratches and dents obviously) than it was when it came out of the Jonas Ridge barn Semie Moseley and a few adepts used as a guitar factory/workshop after the first one burned down the year before or so.

This guitar then got stashed away roughly 11 years ago and reappeared last year when the owner wanted to sell/swap. When I got this through a guitar tech friend of mine just over a year ago, it was in pretty BAD shape. The original owner had tighten the original truss rod all the way before putting it away in a basement storage unit for so many years and problem being the Swedish climate. The winters over here are as dry as they come and summers are quite humid. So truss rod adjustments on all guitars is pretty much a necessity at least twice a year depending on the weather.

The neck on this baby here had developed a severe back bow which fortunately is now rectified. Please refer to pictures. Let me just say IT WASN'T EASY. You can see from the pictures that the original rod had twisted itself inside the neck and luck was that Semie never glued his truss rods in the neck channels so me and my trusty tech guy could manage to pull it out after many attempts. A double adjusting truss rod fitted right in the channel (the luck!) and it got a fret level with a PLEK machine after letting the neck bow the right way to have a relief and settle. It's now a joy to play and it intonates perfectly. The original Jumbo frets were filed down to 0.7mm from new, they're around 0.5mm now. Next in line it's a refret BUT you wouldn't want to ruin the beautiful rosewood fret edge binding on this amazing neck.

Now on the electronics. They were a mess. Glitching and feedbacking everywhere so the original 3-pole mini switches were replaced by 3 6-pole DPDT (on-off-on) switches with all new pickup wires (fabric and Gibson-style mesh) soldered and tested. See pictures. Semie had originally installed mismatched pickups: The neck one has a 3-wire out for out-of-phase switching when the other two have a more simple wiring out which only allows for coil tapping. Go figure why. I have videos of the guitar being tested after the rewiring, it sounds GREAT. No noises and the combinations available are sweet, from strat-like neck pickup shine to twangy tele-like on the bridge pickup or midrange deluxe from mixing out the other positions. Out of phase neck with full coil middle pickup is just killer.

Then I got hold of a bunch of original NOS screws for the pickup polepieces, pickup rings and tailpiece/tremolo. the original ones are rusted beyond rescue.

Of course I will include ALL the orginal parts with the guitar. But like I said, it's in WAY better shape now than it's ever been.

With Buy It Now I will include a modified MASTERY bridge and custom stainless steel bridge adjustment screws as the original bridge was made with a misaligned baseplate. Semie must have had some not so great suppliers/not so skilled apprentices at that time I guess. See pictures."
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ummohyeah » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:25 pm

"This 100-year-old Gibson L-4 Archtop belonged to my great Uncle Pete, a railroad engineer who brought the guitar with him on every journey. The train's fireman, Frank, played harmonica. The duo played honky tonks and busked the train platforms for extra nickels during the Great Depression.

When I got it, it was missing half the tuners, so I had a professional install Waverly tuners. The bridge and tailpiece are temporary, as the guitar was not damaged and I have most original parts, including Old Pete's guitar picks. I have original pickguard, tailpiece, etc. I don't have original bridge, but it was not good. The StewMac adjustable ebony bridge sounds great and does no harm.

Old Pete was featured in The ToneQuest Report magazine, and has been the subject of paranormal activity. Pete was a drinker, and after playing a roadhouse in western Michigan, he was killed when his Model T Ford left the roadway and struck a tree in 1935. The guitar was on the passenger seat, and in its hardshell case and was unharmed.

Everyone who has played it swears it has an energy... On a lark, I took several guitars to a clairvoyant who hovered an amulet on a chain about each guitar, and nothing. When she tested the Old Gibson, the amulet swung wildly. She became frightened and asked me to leave. So if you're a wimp, don't buy this guitar. It will take you places you never thought of. I won't bullshit you... he's in there. This guitar has a living soul. So if you're going to leave it in a warehouse, don't buy it. It needs to be played... it will force you to play crazy stuff, and it will teach you things about yourself.

I prefer to keep it in Michigan, so Michiganders make an offer. I'll add a pic of the original parts. But don't use them, they sound crappy. It sounds strong with the StewMac temporary, non-invasive parts.

The guitar will come with original hardshell case, Pete's guitar picks. His picture, and directions to his grave site in Muskegon, Michigan. I encourage you to visit the grave, just leave Pete a whiskey and a joint.

One final note. Don't buy this guitar if you're going to rename it. It's Old Pete. Take it or leave it. You don't have to call it anything, just don't rename it Joe or Bill. Pete would not be happy.

PS When you play Old Pete, his songs come out, so you get lots of free original songs about whiskey and trains and fighting and women. And hard times. Real hard times! This guitar ain't for church. It's been spattered with booze, blood and snuff juice. And drinks flying through the air. Holy Crap!

If you want a perfect museum piece, don't buy this guitar. It'a not in mint condition. It's been in a damned railroad cab, with flying coal, hot steam, cleaning solvent. It has the miles, and the time, and it comes out in the music. Dues already paid in full. Many times over, in blood and sweat. And more hard times.

I think it's in great condition for a centurian, so don't buy it if you're going to freak out about nicks and dings. They were probably cause by a railroad wrench or a flying bottle in a blind pig. This is an honest relic, and has a vibration... an energy. Pete's in there, and he's happy as a lark. Just let him play now and then."

"this has the soul of a relative in it, so i'm gonna sell it for a profit."

millennials ruin EVERYTHING.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby ummohyeah » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:25 pm

"this has the soul of a relative in it, so i'm gonna sell it for a profit."

millennials ruin EVERYTHING.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:41 pm

You think this seller is a millennial? (BECAUSE THEY'RE RUINING CAPS LOCK!!!)

https://reverb.com/item/21734550-lowest ... 0-original

"LOW BALL OFFERS - WILL BE REPORTED TO REVERB

IF YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR A H-44 WITH ONE OF THE LOWEST ACTION - THIS IS IT!

EARLY 1950`s VINTAGE HARMONY H-44 STRATOTONE SOLID BODY GUITAR (COPPER) MADE IN USA

THIS GUITAR IS 100% ORIGINAL & COMPLETE ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FACTORY WHITE PLASTIC BOTTOM STRAP BUTTON.

ENTIRE ELECTRONICS (ALL SOLDER JOINTS) ARE 100% ORIGINAL/UNMOLESTED ALL THE WAY TO THE FACTORY JACK. ALL ELECTRONICS IN GREAT WORKING CONDITION INLUDING THE 2-WAY FACTORY TONE SWITCH. EVERYTHING HAS BEEN CLEANED AND SERVICED.

KILLER HUGE FAT VINTAGE PROFILE NECK TO DIE FOR!

THE ACTION IS SUPER LOW! BEST ACTION I HAVE EVER SEEN ON A H-44 PERIOD!

ORIGINAL NUT HAS JUST THE CORRECT STRING HEIGHT AS WELL - VERY COMFORTABLE TO PLAY

THE SINGLE PICKUP SOUNDS HUGE AND FANTASTIC - DRIVEN OR CLEAN. NO OTHER GUITAR ON THE PLANET SOUNDS LIKE AN EARLY 50`s H-44!

FANTASTIC LOOKING, SOUNDING AND PLAYING GUITAR

PLEASE READ BELOW:

GUITAR (CONDITION): THIS GUITAR IS AMZING WITH TONS OF NITRO LACQUER CHECKING, NATURALKLY AGED TO PERFECTION - LOOKS INCREDIBLE. THE ORIGINAL SINGLE PLY WHITE PICKGUARD WAS CRACKED/DAMAGED AROUND THE TONE KNOB YEARS AGO, BUT HAS BEEN REINFORCED/GLUED. YOU CAN STILL FEEL THE LINES OF THE CRACK, BUT EVERYTHING WORKS WITH NO ISSUES. DUE TO AGE AND BEING PLAYED WITH HEAVY FINISH WEAR ON THE BACK OF THE NECK/UPPER AREA, THERE ARE MANY DINGS, PAINT CHIPS, DENTS, SCRAPES, ETC BUT IT ALL ADDS SERIOUS VINTAGE VIBE AND CHARACTER!

CASE: COMES WITH A PERIOD CORRECT NON ORIGINAL EARLY 1950`s VINTAGE BROWN GATOR PATTERN SOFT CASE WITH ORIGINAL BROWN FACTORY PLASTIC HANDLE, NECK POCKET (COMPLETE), AND ALL LATCHES PRESENT. THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE CASE DOES HAVE A STRAIGHT RIP, BUT DOES NOT AFFECT THE USAGE OF THIS CASE IN ANYWAY. CASE DOES HAVE SERIOUS WEAR, AND IS SOMEWHAT OF A TIGHT FIT AROUND THE UPPER BOUT, BUT FITS GOOD AND MOST IMPORTANT - ITS 100% ORIGINAL/COMPLETE - FANTASTIC LOOKING CASE!!

PLEASE VIEW THE PICS FOR EXACT DETAILS/DESCRIPTION PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE

THIS IS A VINTAGE USED GUITAR - SOLD "AS IS" AND EVERY VINTAGE GUITAR WILL NEED TO BE ADJUSTED AND SET UP PROFESSIONALLY TO THE NEW OWNERS SPECIFIC PERSONAL PREFERENCE.
ATTENTION: I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS ITEM TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. DUE TO BEING A USED OR A VINTAGE ITEM - NOTHING IS PERFECT NOR MINT. PLEASE VIEW THE ENTIRE PHOTOS FOR EXACT DESCRIPTION, CONDITION & AUTHENTICITY PRIOR TO YOUR PURCHASE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL - ABSOLUTELY NO RETURNS, REFUNDS, ETC (NO EXCEPTIONS). THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST & VIEWING MY LISTING :)

LOCAL PICKUP - MUST BE PAID ADVANCE IN FULL VIA PAY PAL PRIOR TO PICKUP"
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Wow paid in advance of local pickup. That's something else
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:40 pm

The baby boom was a terrible mistake.
jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Postby repoman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:27 pm

"LOW BALL OFFERS - WILL BE REPORTED TO REVERB

lol
what a twat

Why is that 80s Mosrite so expensive? It's been molested to hell and back and you can get the real mid 60s Ventures models that haven't been fucked for like $2500...

PS FUCK REVERB AND THIS STUPID "SOMEONE HAS THIS IN THEIR CART!! BETTER ACT FAST!!" They put this on about 75% of new items on that site now...probably people at CME.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 pm

I am going to report you to Reverb for calling that seller a twat. :lol:

This's why that Mosrite is so expensive?:

"The guitar originally belonged to the singer-guitarist of one of the then hottest Punk'n'Roll bands from the late 90's from Örebro, Sweden." :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear