jirodreamsofdank

experienced
experienced

Re: Best for sale listing descriptions?

Postby dubkitty » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 am

he's gonna step on you again...
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 pm

https://reverb.com/item/21331611-this-1 ... depression

"This 100-year-old Gibson L-4 Archtop belonged to my great Uncle Pete, a railroad engineer who brought the guitar with him on every journey. The train's fireman, Frank, played harmonica. The duo played honky tonks and busked the train platforms for extra nickels during the Great Depression.

When I got it, it was missing half the tuners, so I had a professional install Waverly tuners. The bridge and tailpiece are temporary, as the guitar was not damaged and I have most original parts, including Old Pete's guitar picks. I have original pickguard, tailpiece, etc. I don't have original bridge, but it was not good. The StewMac adjustable ebony bridge sounds great and does no harm.

Old Pete was featured in The ToneQuest Report magazine, and has been the subject of paranormal activity. Pete was a drinker, and after playing a roadhouse in western Michigan, he was killed when his Model T Ford left the roadway and struck a tree in 1935. The guitar was on the passenger seat, and in its hardshell case and was unharmed.

Everyone who has played it swears it has an energy... On a lark, I took several guitars to a clairvoyant who hovered an amulet on a chain about each guitar, and nothing. When she tested the Old Gibson, the amulet swung wildly. She became frightened and asked me to leave. So if you're a wimp, don't buy this guitar. It will take you places you never thought of. I won't bullshit you... he's in there. This guitar has a living soul. So if you're going to leave it in a warehouse, don't buy it. It needs to be played... it will force you to play crazy stuff, and it will teach you things about yourself.

I won't send it to Japan because you guys shot at my dad in the war.

I prefer to keep it in Michigan, so Michiganders make an offer. I'll add a pic of the original parts. But don't use them, they sound crappy. It sounds strong with the StewMac temporary, non-invasive parts.

The guitar will come with original hardshell case, Pete's guitar picks. His picture, and directions to his grave site in Muskegon, Michigan. I encourage you to visit the grave, just leave Pete a whiskey and a joint.

One final note. Don't buy this guitar if you're going to rename it. It's Old Pete. Take it or leave it. You don't have to call it anything, just don't rename it Joe or Bill. Pete would not be happy.

Peace brothers and sisters. Time for a doobie!

PS When you play Old Pete, his songs come out, so you get lots of free original songs about whiskey and trains and fighting and women. And hard times. Real hard times! This guitar ain't for church. It's been spattered with booze, blood and snuff juice. And drinks flying through the air. Holy Crap!

If you want a perfect museum piece, don't buy this guitar. It'a not in mint condition. It's been in a damned railroad cab, with flying coal, hot steam, cleaning solvent. It has the miles, and the time, and it comes out in the music. Dues already paid in full. Many times over, in blood and sweat. And more hard times.

I think it's in great condition for a centurian, so don't buy it if you're going to freak out about nicks and dings. They were probably cause by a railroad wrench or a flying bottle in a blind pig. This is an honest relic, and has a vibration... an energy. Pete's in there, and he's happy as a lark. Just let him play now and then."
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby adamajah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:10 pm

$600 and "If you are looking you know what it is and what it does" :thumb:

https://reverb.com/item/21400887-hexe-revolver-ii

adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:26 pm

That thing was posted in the BST; looks like it sold to a flipper because the thread was update to sold earlier today and that ad was posted an hour ago
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:18 pm

$600 is more than any recent sale of a Revolver in perfect condition lol.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:05 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:$600 is more than any recent sale of a Revolver in perfect condition lol.

Did you read the ad? You can get another mint condition decal to apply on it yourself! :facepalm:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:17 pm

Well, that's why my offers were rejected. Hahaha. He wanted more than I was willing to do.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby pack3tl055 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:22 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:$600 is more than any recent sale of a Revolver in perfect condition lol.

That's not true, in fact the last DX sold for $650 on Reverb a few months back and this a II which is rare! The guy selling it made me a trade today, came and met me and we made a swap. I was hoping to get $400 for it but didn't post a price, I should have I suppose, but I was on the fence between giving it up and getting it rehoused.

The only offers I got were a few decent trade offers but nothing I wanted or needed until today. It's outta my hands now fellas. Oh btw there's a Revolver I on ebay for $1000, been there for quite a while now so I am sure y'all know about it!
pack3tl055

interested
interested

Postby adamajah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:03 pm

pack3tl055 wrote:That's not true, in fact the last DX sold for $650 on Reverb a few months back and this a II which is rare! The guy selling it made me a trade today, came and met me and we made a swap. I was hoping to get $400 for it but didn't post a price, I should have I suppose, but I was on the fence between giving it up and getting it rehoused.

The only offers I got were a few decent trade offers but nothing I wanted or needed until today. It's outta my hands now fellas. Oh btw there's a Revolver I on ebay for $1000, been there for quite a while now so I am sure y'all know about it!

There's a reason the $1000 Revolver I has been on ebay "for a while now": only 1 second of sample time, no random or auto modes, no Fade in/Fade out knob.
And the Revolver II also only has 1 second, and no Fade knob.
:thumb:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby pack3tl055 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:11 pm

adamajah wrote:
pack3tl055 wrote:That's not true, in fact the last DX sold for $650 on Reverb a few months back and this a II which is rare! The guy selling it made me a trade today, came and met me and we made a swap. I was hoping to get $400 for it but didn't post a price, I should have I suppose, but I was on the fence between giving it up and getting it rehoused.

There's a reason the $1000 Revolver I has been on ebay "for a while now": only 1 second of sample time, no random or auto modes, no Fade in/Fade out knob.
And the Revolver II also only has 1 second, and no Fade knob.
:thumb:

Totally true and I agree, I have never been sure why so many people swear they like them better than the dx, but they rarely come up for sale because the people that own them tend to hang onto them. I have talked to a couple people on here even that prefer them over the dx, not really sure why. Also I never did find the fade knob useful myself but still I think the dx's are more versatile pedals.
pack3tl055

interested
interested

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:14 am

The DX is more focused on sample manipulation and textural looping. The I and II are better for super short loops and noisy sounds. Aside from a couple modes they don't overlap much.

I bought a II a couple months ago for $300. I don't think they're $600 pedals when a Tensor does a lot of the noisy effects with ease for $299.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby pack3tl055 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:53 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:The DX is more focused on sample manipulation and textural looping. The I and II are better for super short loops and noisy sounds. Aside from a couple modes they don't overlap much.

I bought a II a couple months ago for $300. I don't think they're $600 pedals when a Tensor does a lot of the noisy effects with ease for $299.

Wow, you got a steal of a deal at $300 considering it's not made anymore but I agree with you, "value" is subjective. I mean something is only worth what someone is willing to pay! Most of us look at that in terms of what a pedal offers and what can do the same but then there's that rarity and collector thought process, in it's current condition I had no idea what to ask, I wanted $400 for it and if it was mint I think that would have been fair but with the label missing it holds no real collectible value IMO. I was going to order a label and refinish it but got an offer that I was willing to take so I did. I still think the DX is a more useful tool than the earlier revisions as I think it's more unique and well the first two revisions are their own thing, I think there are other pedals that essentially cover that ground where as I don't know of anything that really overlaps what the DX is capable of, I have a Tensor and I tend to use my DX still and find it more interesting than the Tensor personally.
pack3tl055

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm

Full disclosure, FWIW, I'm gonna include all these posts in my next sale listing. :lol:

Gonna have nothing to do with the item listed, but I'm gonna do it nonetheless. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby adamajah » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Full disclosure, FWIW, I'm gonna include all these posts in my next sale listing. :lol:

Gonna have nothing to do with the item listed, but I'm gonna do it nonetheless. :snax:

Make sure you pretend you’re not the seller too :hello:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear