2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 releases (Maximum NAMMage)

Postby fever606 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am

odontophobia wrote:wallet smasher.

Dowi wrote:wallet destroyer

$385. Barely more than the Clouds module on its own, without factoring in the cost of a case to hold it and a module to convert line level audio to eurorack levels and back. I'd say the price is spot on.
fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby shikawkee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

Yeah, I have no issue with the price. Seems fair.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

Yes, exactly, ritz--the possibilities in this pedal will expand vastly (exponentially?) with a good cv source, preferably random, with easily adjustable attenuation. Been waiting on my custom Broadcast forever, could be really helpful....someday. :mope: Maybe Tom will work up a pedal version of Marbles :p
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:31 pm

Just asked Vintage King about the Particle 2 & this is what I was told:

[Curt] is, very slowly, working through back orders. The earliest you could expect one if you purchased today would be Late April or Early May. With that said, getting on our preorder list is the quickest way to get a Particle in your hands.

I've been waiting on my Tensor order to be fulfilled since November. I'm so fucked off with this. I hate it when builders launch new products, when they can't even meet demand on pre-existing products. New orders should not leapfrog customers who have been waiting 3 months on prior orders.

I'll just wait until May for the Memorial sale. Hopefully wait times will be town to 4-6 weeks by then, and not their current time of 7-12 weeks. :picard:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:07 pm

echorec wrote:Just asked Vintage King about the Particle 2 & this is what I was told:

[Curt] is, very slowly, working through back orders. The earliest you could expect one if you purchased today would be Late April or Early May. With that said, getting on our preorder list is the quickest way to get a Particle in your hands.

I've been waiting on my Tensor order to be fulfilled since November. I'm so fucked off with this. I hate it when builders launch new products, when they can't even meet demand on pre-existing products. New orders should not leapfrog customers who have been waiting 3 months on prior orders.

I'll just wait until May for the Memorial sale. Hopefully wait times will be town to 4-6 weeks by then, and not their current time of 7-12 weeks. :picard:

You got leapfrogged? That's awful. By Vintage King? They suck anyways. Won't ever buy anything through them again.

You can borrow one of my Tensors in the meantime if you wish. I got two when they were available back in March and have the latest firmware installed.
Last edited by shikawkee on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Damn I had hoped dealers would be getting some of their orders this week. I preordered 2 Tensors when they came out and the delays led to Red Panda issuing a coupon code to those buyers. I guess it was only printed on the paper receipt with the order because I couldn't track it down when the Particle V2 preorder went up last week. I emailed Red Panda my invoice to try and get the code but didn't get and still haven't gotten a response. I guess I should have just paid full price when I saw the preorder go up.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:17 pm

ritz wrote:Nice to see the CV ins for position and density. Not sure where most people are going to get a random cv source in pedal format, which is what the "module" needs to really open it up, according to clouds creator Emilie. I've been using a custom cv version of the broadcast with a fast s&h to pair with the older blue lantern version of clouds in sort-of pedal format. Not sure what other options are out there.

The basic option would be the EHX 8-step.
Not pedals but close are the Korg SQ-1 or the Lightning Wave EVA.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:23 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:
ritz wrote:Nice to see the CV ins for position and density. Not sure where most people are going to get a random cv source in pedal format, which is what the "module" needs to really open it up, according to clouds creator Emilie. I've been using a custom cv version of the broadcast with a fast s&h to pair with the older blue lantern version of clouds in sort-of pedal format. Not sure what other options are out there.

The basic option would be the EHX 8-step.
Not pedals but close are the Korg SQ-1 or the Lightning Wave EVA.

I'm hoping to use this which I already own:

http://handmadeelectronicinstruments.com/product/16-step-cv-sequencer/
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:30 pm

fever606 wrote:
odontophobia wrote:wallet smasher.

Dowi wrote:wallet destroyer

$385. Barely more than the Clouds module on its own, without factoring in the cost of a case to hold it and a module to convert line level audio to eurorack levels and back. I'd say the price is spot on.

Yeah didn't mean to say that it is overpriced, it's just too much for my budget.
That being said I really do want to see some extended demos in the next months, and then I m going to decide whether it's time for me to sell a couple boxes for this or not.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:33 pm

shikawkee wrote:You got leapfrogged? That's awful. By Vintage King? They suck anyways. Won't ever buy anything through them again.

Nah, I got leapfrogged thanks to Red Panda. My Tensor order was through another dealer. I have a few gripes with VK (FedEx partnership, inconsistent staffers), but nothing that would end my relationship there---you've got to find someone reliable and stick with that person for all your business. Getting Meris/Strymon/Red Panda/Chase Bliss on 18-month, 0% plans is something no one else offers, so I'm stuck with them. :lol:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ts50b » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:11 pm

From what I've heard, the Red Panda backorder issue is because retailers will put preorders up for amounts they know Red Panda won't be able to fill. So the retailer gets to hold on to your money and Red Panda doesn't get paid until they meet an impossible demand. It's like preordering Half Life 3 from Gamestop
ts50b

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:29 pm

ts50b wrote:From what I've heard, the Red Panda backorder issue is because retailers will put preorders up for amounts they know Red Panda won't be able to fill. So the retailer gets to hold on to your money and Red Panda doesn't get paid until they meet an impossible demand. It's like preordering Half Life 3 from Gamestop

Especially Prymaxe which won't refund you once you put an order in. Only store credit.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:34 am

shikawkee wrote:
ts50b wrote:From what I've heard, the Red Panda backorder issue is because retailers will put preorders up for amounts they know Red Panda won't be able to fill. So the retailer gets to hold on to your money and Red Panda doesn't get paid until they meet an impossible demand. It's like preordering Half Life 3 from Gamestop

Especially Prymaxe which won't refund you once you put an order in. Only store credit.

Thank god i decided to pick the Atmos elsewhere, are you still waiting?
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:47 am

I love the artwork.
Price is tough. I think it’s pretty easy to see that despite the fact that clouds already exists as open source code that designing everything to work the way that tomkat has done is still no small feat. I’m interested in seeing how it work she out in a guitar context with some demos and then seeing the reviews roll in. Clouds sounds awesome and Axoloti simulation of it has been pretty spectacular. $385 is just a lot of scratch.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby shikawkee » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:01 am

Dowi wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

Thank god i decided to pick the Atmos elsewhere, are you still waiting?

Yup. No word yet dammit. They keep saying soon. 2 1/2 months!!
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear