2019 happenings (Summer NAMM p.90)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: 2019 releases (Maximum NAMMage)

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:14 am

UglyCasanova wrote:But it's purple so it's better.

QFT

:D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby echorec » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:24 pm

The mushroom kingdom sounds in this thing are intriguing. I can't recall a chorus that sounds quite like this one. FF to 1:58:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjTZY2LcS8

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Oh shit, that really does sound cool.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:10 pm

Yass--the pitchy glitchy stuff at the end was boss.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:16 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby misterstomach » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Dandolin wrote::lol: How many cents for your purples?

not sure i could appreciate the difference b/w .02 and .1 cent accuracy though :idk:

Maybe not, but if you do your own setups or need to set your intonation it becomes a significant difference. The turbo tuner is one of the best gear purchases I’ve ever made.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:12 am

misterstomach wrote:

not sure i could appreciate the difference b/w .02 and .1 cent accuracy though :idk:

Maybe not, but if you do your own setups or need to set your intonation it becomes a significant difference. The turbo tuner is one of the best gear purchases I’ve ever made.

I strongly agree!

Though both are much better than Boss. The TU-3 is +/- 1 cent, while the old TU-2 was +/- 3 cents.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm

None of my guitars can probably be intonated properly anyway. :lol: So, I embrace their flaws as instruments. :idk:

Turbo Tuner is a classic though. Too bad it doesn't come in purple.

I just found out that Snark is owned by the Evets Corporation. I'm never buying one of their stupid tuners again. My ear isn't even that good, but I can still tell their accuracy is probably +/- 5 cents. :eek:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:32 pm

So it's Friday the 15th and I think there were supposed to be 3 releases today. The Mandala and Aurora ($199) look to be stocked and ready for shipment. https://banananaeffects.com/collections/all

Meanwhile it appears OBNE is going for a lazy, afternoon release. I guess their policy is that if they're sleeping in until noon on Friday, no US dealers can sell these until the OK gang can flop out of bed and comb their tangled bears.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm

echorec wrote: I guess their policy is that if they're sleeping in until noon on Friday, no US dealers can sell these until the OK gang can flop out of bed and comb their tangled bears.

They've got tangled bears? :animal:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 pm

codetocontra wrote:
misterstomach wrote:

I strongly agree!

Though both are much better than Boss. The TU-3 is +/- 1 cent, while the old TU-2 was +/- 3 cents.

This is somewhat ironic to me, because (too many) years ago, when I bought a Peterson VS1, it was touted as the one to get for fine work like setting intonation and reputed to be a favorite among piano tuners, and I think it had that same +- 0.1 cent spec. Well, tech moves on, but maybe not Peterson's.... Tell you what though, the newer displays have hella better visibility which is a yuge part of getting the work product from the tuner to the tuned. :idk:
Last edited by Dandolin on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
echorec wrote: I guess their policy is that if they're sleeping in until noon on Friday, no US dealers can sell these until the OK gang can flop out of bed and comb their tangled bears.

They've got tangled bears? :animal:

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:45 pm

If I see Chank makin' heart eyes at this I will be seriously concerned.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:04 pm

That one's not tangled enough for me. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xytx3vO7mTk
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm

:lol:

Not sure if this has been posted yet--getting more interesting than the NAMM demos imo:

also, I lack attention span skillz to tackle this, but, yeah:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear