Tremolo pedal love

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Tremolo pedal love

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:18 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I've been messing around with the assign functions on the MD500 to get envelope-sensitive speed with slicer rhythms. That's been great for making staticy blips.

Clips? :omg:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Clips of staticy blips? :lol: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:49 pm

Ah Tremolo, my first and maybe still best-loved modulation.

I also am a ringmod trem lover--latest winner being the noahsark I have on loan :love: but me like MF102 and Randy's too....

80tape Variable State Tremolo with its HPF/LPF and the ability to mix noise into the lfo waveform is pretty ace. I heart my DMinner built Twin Peaks a lot too (lots of skewable waveforms, harmonic trem mode, and modes to trem only the high or low freqs). Not to forget the enigmatic Hollow Earth with the knob recorder functionality :zen:

Sonuus Voluum is pretty amazing in the trem department with lots of nice waveforms, rhythmic sequences, foot-pedal or envelope control over rate, onset, intensity (along with nice, clean or super syrupy compression, boost and ADSR)...seems kinda under the radar....

I loved the Goatkeeper for the tricksiness and the Pigtronix attack/decay fam made nice cyclical throbbings but got moved on :cry:

aaaaand the BD-101 for the chop gate with resonant/SRRish delay mixed in :hobbes:

GigFX Chopper was pretty neat too, with the foot-pedal and the o.o.p. stereo throb...and the Red Witch PentaVocal with the five-way eq profile and the ability to get the upper frequencies pulsing while the lower frequencies stayed steady (or vice versa)....

So many neat ones. Would like to try an Ultrem, Nightwire, Lightning Wave and Pigtronix Ringmaster :snax:

Currently continuing to misuse eurorack to scheme whacky tremolutions to make me miss the Goatkeeper less (which I know is kinda like retrofitting a backhoe to aerate a windowbox lol)....

I'm no help. :facepalm:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:36 am

The Ringmaster always sounds a bit overdriven in trem mode and doesn't clean up like the Randy's Revenge or MF-102 seem to in video clips. The Bitquest ring mod effect can produce a tremolo effect with interesting rhythms.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:01 am

Hotone TREM for the classic '60s tone with opto-electronics. Very sweet sounding!
BOSS PN-2 for true stereo setups, panning effects and chopping sounds if desired.
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:08 am

Tremolo's I love:

Thorpy Chain Home
Chase Bliss Gravitas
Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge
Side Effects Bug Elektrik
The new Function FX trem/phase
and a variety of the Alexander Pedals offerings that feature trem.

I also dug the Stone Deaf Temotron but had a ton of issues with it with volume drop, internal trim pots, etc. so dumped it. It was great when it worked though.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:21 am

Chankgeez wrote:Clips of staticy blips? :lol: :snax:

Sorry, I thought I was in the modular synth thread for a moment :lol:
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dandy13 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:25 am

Love tremolo. I've used a goatkeeper and a pn2 for years. pn2 is used mostly for stereo/panning but sounds great in all modes. My favorite use of tremolo is using expression pedals to change the trem rate. I do have gas for the zvex sonar and the eqd hummingbird but i struggle with justifying having 4 trems so maybe I'm in the wrong thread lol.
Also, I've got an old Gibson Falcon amp that has a great on board tremolo.
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:11 pm

marlboro trem unit is bomb
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Oh yeah, the Hamstead tremolo is really, really good too.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:49 pm

I too like the MF Trem. It get really interesting shapes and the tone knob is a brilliant idea. It's really good at subtle, strange pulsing.

Before that I was using a Tuna Melt which sounds great despite looking like it came out of a gumball machine. Does all the basic opto trem sounds really well, and gets real fast too.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:03 pm

I'm still getting to know my Gravitas, but so far really enjoying it.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby sylnau » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Benn Roe wrote:I'm still getting to know my Gravitas, but so far really enjoying it.

Is it as cold sounding as the Warped Vinyl MkII? The WV MkII is the only CBA pedal that I tried and it wasn't for me (too cold).
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Best tremolo pedal I ever owned was a Supa Trem 2 running between two amps with different EQ settings (one bright one dark).
Supa Trem 1 was pretty good too.
Mr. Black Panatrem was very nice too.

One tremolo pedal I really want but have never seen for sale is the Auralux King Trem

Harmonic tremolo is really nice because its not as over the top as a univibe but still has a little pit of that phasey sound.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear