AC30 Alternatives?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: AC30 Alternatives?

Postby BoatRich » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:18 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:
BoatRich wrote:Is there anything similar to the top boost channel of an AC30 with a bit more gain out there? I’m looking for something to run in stereo with a JCM 900 SLX, and was thinking an AC30 combo for the top boost channel. I was also considering a Blackstar Artisan 30? I mostly just want something bright and clangy and aggressive to pair with the mid range centered Marshall thing.

No reccs, but I can 100% confirm that an AC30 + jcm900 (dual reverb) was an awesome combo.

I’ve been borrowing one for a bit and I love it, but dude needs it back. It’s really such a cool tone.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby TraceItalian » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Ceriatone builds a great clone of the matchless dc30, and for bright and clangy sound clips, look no farther than silkworm/bottomless pit. He plays a legit dc30, but the ceriqtone is close
TraceItalian

committed
committed

Postby WORMDIRT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:39 am

BoatRich wrote:
WORMDIRT wrote:
BoatRich wrote:Is there anything similar to the top boost channel of an AC30 with a bit more gain out there? I’m looking for something to run in stereo with a JCM 900 SLX, and was thinking an AC30 combo for the top boost channel. I was also considering a Blackstar Artisan 30? I mostly just want something bright and clangy and aggressive to pair with the mid range centered Marshall thing.

No reccs, but I can 100% confirm that an AC30 + jcm900 (dual reverb) was an awesome combo.

I’ve been borrowing one for a bit and I love it, but dude needs it back. It’s really such a cool tone.

I think I would trade my V4 for a AC30 right meow. I wish the 100w combos had a good rep..
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby frigid midget » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:18 pm

I may be way off here, and I wouldn't at all compare it with an AC30, but because of the "bright and clangy and aggressive" thing...

I just had to check if you'd already tried/considered a JMP/Plexi/JTM45 style Marshall?

I haven't been able to find *any* amp that came even close to the awesomeness of my YBA-1. Volume at noon, stick a compressor and a Microamp in front of it, and you're in for thick spungy boomy punchy sparklyness that'll pair extremely well with something like a jcm 900. I tried an AC30. Top boost channel was great at home, but a rehearsel volumes, with fuzz peds, it was farty and thin compared to the Traynor :idk:
Last edited by frigid midget on Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 pm

frigid midget wrote:I may way off here, I wouldn't at all compare it with an AC30, but because of the "bright and clangy and aggressive" thing...

I just had to check if you'd already tried/considered a JMP/Plexi/JTM45 style Marshall?

I haven't been able to find *any* amp that came even close to the awesomeness of my YBA-1. Volume at noon, stick a compressor and a Microamp in front of it, and you're in for thick spungy boomy punchy sparklyness that'll pair extremely well with something like a jcm 900. I tried an AC30. Top boost channel was great at home, but a rehearsel volumes, with fuzz peds, it was farty and thin compared with the Traynor :idk:

I’ve actually owned both a YBA-1 and a 100w Plexi Reissue. I wish I could find a 50w JMP for a reasonable price, but I’m trying to spend like all of 600 USD here.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 pm

BoatRich wrote:50w JMP for a reasonable price, but I’m trying to spend like all of 600 USD here.

Think this was mentioned page 1, but silverface bassman
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear