Pedals you wish existed

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pedals you wish existed

Postby Eivind August » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

frodog wrote:Sylnau, I think a good bet for analog octave down that tracks well and is clean would b Parasit Studio's U-235. It's described as "semi-clean", has a sensitivity trimmer. I have a PCB on the way, will make a review once it's built.

Yeah, I've been looking at this, it seems rad. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:48 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am

Jwar wrote:I just want my bass to sound like people screaming from the depth of hell.

Have you tried a EHX Mel9 in the voice/choir/whatever setting in combo with a Korg Miku? Maybe a gated reverb in the middle? :lol:
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby crochambeau » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:
sylnau wrote:A clean octave down that is analog and track well. :facepalm:

why would analog make a difference here?

Quality of sound? :snax:

Come on now. You and I both know that's just silly.

All that needs to happen is someone who is savy tests the shit on multiple instruments to make sure it actually tracks versus just putting it out there. I honestly don't see how this could be that hard but I'm not dsp coder.

It's not. :hello:

Analog octave down and digital octave down sound very different. :snax:

If I want something digital sounding, I'll go with the digital. If I want something analog sounding, I'll go with the analog. :D

Not to mention, as Syl mentioned, they behave differently when interacting with certain other types of pedals. :idk:

It depends on who is listening. I'm not convinced the ear can discern the differences in the technologies. Maybe in a fuzz pedal, but even there, I'd be hard pressed to agree.

I've designed and built an analog octave down, and own digital devices that perform octave/pitch transposition.

In the analog build (and I realize my methods are not all encompassing because I did it with discrete transistors instead of the more common switched CMOS implementation, but in as far as I understand the breed the following statement is normal:) the source signal is thrown away after being used as a trigger for the octave divider stage. The octave divider will naturally output a square wave that is fed into a wave shaping stage to tame the square, which is then mixed back into the dry signal. The result is a pretty simple bottom octave shape that isn't going to over-stimulate a hyper-active fuzz circuit.

Digital, at least in so far as pitch transposition is involved, uses the source signal instead of throwing it away. It is certainly possible to emulate the analog counter-part described above (and my guess is that now, in 2018 there are many that do) but it is also possible to base the octave down waveform on either a reactive synthesis or brute force re-triggered half speed playback, which has been deemed preferable by many due to "realism" reasoning. So there's more going on in the bottom octave which can aggravate some circuits (especially those that prefer single note runs).

In terms of hearing, it can indeed be tricky to differentiate between the two, as it lives in the "bass is bass" region. Sometimes though, it does seem the analog bottom is a separate entity and the digital is an extension of original source; so long as we're not being pummeled with artifacts and tracking errors which affects them all.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby K2000 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm

friendship wrote:For those who want a Lexicon Vortex pedal, how are you imagining the layout? Just like the rack?

Like the Whammy I guess... treadle with the two columns of choices, but in this case the lists are identical and you get to activate one choice from each column. Maybe a favorites setting/settings. Maybe stomp switches to advance/reverse which setting is active, in each column. So you can either use favorites, or cycle through the effects list manually. Digital menu for tweaking parameters.

Too complicated?
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:24 pm

K2000 wrote:
friendship wrote:For those who want a Lexicon Vortex pedal, how are you imagining the layout? Just like the rack?

Like the Whammy I guess... treadle with the two columns of choices, but in this case the lists are identical and you get to activate one choice from each column. Maybe a favorites setting/settings. Maybe stomp switches to advance/reverse which setting is active, in each column. So you can either use favorites, or cycle through the effects list manually. Digital menu for tweaking parameters.

Too complicated?

More complicated, please. Give it a MIDI implementation that can do continuous controller messages and program change, add capacity for expression control so at least two parameters can be on treadle for non-MIDI folk, and do something to make parameter tweaks a bit more intuitive—at least 4 encoders and a big screen so all 16 parameters per algorithm can be accessed with relative ease.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 am

a timebender with longer looper that doesn't look like crap and has a normal fucking powersupply
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:34 am

a fuzz pedal i never get tired off

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:35 am

everything OTO machines does but priced at the pricepoint I imagine when I see them (like. <$200

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:10 am

fcknoise wrote:a fuzz pedal i never get tired off

i have too many of these :lol:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:37 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:
fcknoise wrote:a fuzz pedal i never get tired off

i have too many of these :lol:

I guess I haven't gotten tired of the blunderbuss at all either :lol: :lol:

fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:35 am

Dude. for real though, fuzzes do get boring sometimes. I have a few now that I never tire of but that's because I make sure not to play one for too long. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm

Is there a reverb with a step sequencer like the sky chord cloudbuster? A main verb with a foot pedal option to have the verb go into 4 steps..each step can be hall or spring via switch with and Intensity knob to control the bombast for dope rhythm. ..cloudbuster verb
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 pm

a) Chase Bliss Brothers with one switch that turns on both sides at the same time.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Davin » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:34 pm

Dungus wrote:a) Chase Bliss Brothers with one switch that turns on both sides at the same time.

Can't you do that with the Favs switch? Also, you must have freakishly narrow feet.
llull1.bandcamp.com
Davin

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear