Pedals you wish existed

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Pedals you wish existed

Postby Sonaboy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 pm

sylnau wrote:A clean octave down that is analog and track well. :facepalm:

why would analog make a difference here?
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Sonaboy wrote:

Quality of sound? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:38 am

moid wrote:
chrisdermo wrote:5) A true stereo reverse reverb

The Digitech Hardwire RV7 can do that I think (I don't have one alas) but it has reverse reverb and is true stereo.

Nope, the dry sound remains stereo, the reverb gets summed to the centre :cry: Sold mine because of that, most of the other modes were true stereo though.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:49 am

My first 2 would be easy, since they have already been designed:
1) please put a mechanical sun delay (sonic crayon) on the market. This thing is the acme of delay.
2) please a full reissue of ehx ‘s 16s Delay

3) a kind of dittox4 with onboard options to work the loop (pitch shift, ring mod, reverse...) Like a glitch machine, but with a real looper. Something like a dj playing with a vinyl... you just loop whatever you want and then use a collection of switches and knobs to instantly destroy the loop. (A “mechanical sun” version of a looper so to speak).

Ps: I agree, not a big fan of the bitquest flanger either... hard to dial in, doesn’t do a classic Boss flange ...
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:40 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

Come on now. You and I both know that's just silly.

All that needs to happen is someone who is savy tests the shit on multiple instruments to make sure it actually tracks versus just putting it out there. I honestly don't see how this could be that hard but I'm not dsp coder.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby sylnau » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:44 am

Most digital octaver don't get along before a fuzz.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:46 am

Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

All that needs to happen is someone who is savy tests the shit on multiple instruments to make sure it actually tracks versus just putting it out there. I honestly don't see how this could be that hard but I'm not dsp coder.

It's not. :hello:

Analog octave down and digital octave down sound very different. :snax:

If I want something digital sounding, I'll go with the digital. If I want something analog sounding, I'll go with the analog. :D

Not to mention, as Syl mentioned, they behave differently when interacting with certain other types of pedals. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:48 am

sylnau wrote:Most digital octaver don't get along before a fuzz.

Well, yea but that's still a tracking issue usually in my experience. It doesn't mean it's not possible. I just don't think any builder has put a focus on it because the fuzz/octave combos probably sell better. I mean, around these parts I hardly ever see people with a Boss OC2 which is arguably the best out there (I think it fucking sucks farts but that's me). My H9 does a better octaver than anything I've use. Tracks almost perfect but the real issue with tracking is speed tracking. I've yet to find one that can handle a fast tempo playing.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:50 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

If I want something digital sounding, I'll go with the digital. If I want something analog sounding, I'll go with the analog. :D

Not to mention, as Syl mentioned, they behave differently when interacting with certain other types of pedals. :idk:

It depends on who is listening. I'm not convinced the ear can discern the differences in the technologies. Maybe in a fuzz pedal, but even there, I'd be hard pressed to agree.

I feel you though.

Which digital octaves have you tried that worked poorly before fuzz? Just curious.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

I think most digital octave pedals don't necessarily work poorly with fuzz, but sound horrible used like that.

It also depends on how much gain's in the equation. The more gain, the more horrible it'll sound.

It's also a matter of taste. What may sound good to me, may sound like shit to you. :idk:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:09 am

If you're running any pedal before a fuzz that wants to see a high impedance guitar signal then the fuzz will sound bad.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 am

For those who want a Lexicon Vortex pedal, how are you imagining the layout? Just like the rack?
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:03 am

Sylnau, I think a good bet for analog octave down that tracks well and is clean would b Parasit Studio's U-235. It's described as "semi-clean", has a sensitivity trimmer. I have a PCB on the way, will make a review once it's built.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am

Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Jwar wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Sonaboy wrote:

It depends on who is listening. I'm not convinced the ear can discern the differences in the technologies. Maybe in a fuzz pedal, but even there, I'd be hard pressed to agree.

I feel you though.

Which digital octaves have you tried that worked poorly before fuzz? Just curious.

Micro POG > Fuzz It just dont work... it suck the tone of the fuzz.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am

frodog wrote:Sylnau, I think a good bet for analog octave down that tracks well and is clean would b Parasit Studio's U-235. It's described as "semi-clean", has a sensitivity trimmer. I have a PCB on the way, will make a review once it's built.

Cant't wait to know what you think about it!

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear