Pedals you wish existed

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Pedals you wish existed

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Danelectro Fab Tone with delay+reverb (like the BOSS RVs setting) where you can turn off the distortion but have the delay+reverb lingering -- & proper build quality for the casing while we're at it.
Just BOSS PS-3's mode 7 as a pedal.
A pink really misogynistic novelty distortion pedal that doesn't even sound good at all for owning teh libtard snowflake cucks lulz.

Probably others.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Re: Pedals you wish existed

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Boss PS-500.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 pm

A Vigeland mausoleum pedal. No knobs. Not even a bypass switch. Just that amazing reverb all the time. Yes.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Boss PS-500.

Or a real version of the photoshopped Strymon pitch pedal from a bunch of years ago

Oh and I would have loved to see a version of the Digitech Ricochet with all the harmony side options.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:27 pm

You know, it's really funny you started this thread because I was having this exact thought the other day but in a different way. There are so many options now, that there is an enormous amount of overlap in the pedal world. I could buy 3 dirt pedals from 3 different people and they all sound different but I still only need one to suit my needs. lol.

It seems like almost everything that can be done, has been done. We have glitch pedals to the max now, any flavor of delay I can imagine, reverbs up the wazoo with all kind of options beyond what you'd ever need, fuzzes everywhere you look...etc. I think the most undermade pedals are ring mods but I could be wrong there.

So, what effect doesn't exist that you would like or need? That's what I was thinking. It seems like all things are variations of similar ideas.

However, being the gear whore I am and wanting to own everything, I still would totally buy 90% of it no matter what. haha

So, personally, there is nothing I wish existed really. I'm kind of set, but I would like to try a lot of stuff just for fun.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:28 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:A Vigeland mausoleum pedal. No knobs. Not even a bypass switch. Just that amazing reverb all the time. Yes.

This is a clever thought process and idea. I like that you thought of that. How would you go about doing that I wonder? Emulating the sound inside of the mausoleum. There seems like there'd be a scientific way but would a pedal marker be able to do it? These are open ended questions btw. ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby tremolo3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:Boss PS-500.

Or a real version of the photoshopped Strymon pitch pedal from a bunch of years ago

Oh and I would have loved to see a version of the Digitech Ricochet with all the harmony side options.

Parallax! Sure, that too.

Would love to see Lexicon Vortex in pedal format too.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:48 pm

- Instant Paulstretch

- cruddy AM radio in pedal format with mix knob
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Jwar wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:A Vigeland mausoleum pedal. No knobs. Not even a bypass switch. Just that amazing reverb all the time. Yes.

This is a clever thought process and idea. I like that you thought of that. How would you go about doing that I wonder? Emulating the sound inside of the mausoleum. There seems like there'd be a scientific way but would a pedal marker be able to do it? These are open ended questions btw. ;)

You can do it with a VST (plenty of convolution data for the mausoleum online), but there's not enough processing power available in any run-of-the-mill pedal platform to deal with the complexity of the reverb in real time (without having major predelay, which the mausoleum does not have). Maybe as a rack module, but that's lame. This is me paraphrasing Pladask/DRod discussing the possibility of making such a pedal.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:03 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:cruddy AM radio in pedal format with mix knob

This was the first Moog april fools pedal I think and I wanted it to be real so desperately bad. I was playing in a half tech metal/half post rock band at the time and it would have been perfect for atmosphere.

whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:25 pm

a one-box pedal--it'd have to be the size of a larger E-H box--that contained the following simple vintage fuzz circuits: silicon and germanium Fuzz Face, v.1 and 2 Tone Bender, Buzzaround, Shin-Ei Companion. they're tiny boards, so there's no reason not to double them up. ideally there'd be an on/off toggle for each circuit so you could cascade one circuit into another.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:- cruddy AM radio in pedal format with mix knob

Samesies. My basement/my laziness hooks me up with this for free: ground loops. Plug everything into the same power strip, add lights (bonus for fluorescent), some old wall warts and you’ve got all the AM you can handle. To your point- mix knob to dial this down/up as needed would be awesome. So maybe just a poorly insulated/grounded boost?? :idk:
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Unless you meant just the static, in which case the rochambeau brick might be your sauce.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:58 pm

dubkitty wrote:a one-box pedal--it'd have to be the size of a larger E-H box--that contained the following simple vintage fuzz circuits: silicon and germanium Fuzz Face, v.1 and 2 Tone Bender, Buzzaround, Shin-Ei Companion. they're tiny boards, so there's no reason not to double them up. ideally there'd be an on/off toggle for each circuit so you could cascade one circuit into another.

Wait is that a 14 or 28 knob pedal? You mention doubling them all up at the end...
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:01 pm

fuzzisokiguess wrote:
Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:- cruddy AM radio in pedal format with mix knob

Samesies. My basement/my laziness hooks me up with this for free: ground loops. Plug everything into the same power strip, add lights (bonus for fluorescent), some old wall warts and you’ve got all the AM you can handle. To your point- mix knob to dial this down/up as needed would be awesome. So maybe just a poorly insulated/grounded boost?? :idk:

A big part of the appeal of having a proper receiver would be dialing in different stations. A pedal that works as an antenna usually just picks up a single channel with no means of selecting which one. A cool design might even have the sweep up and down the frequencies be LFO or voltage controlled. Might be interesting to have a S&H control voltage stepping through all the channels on a digital tuner.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear