What power supply would you get?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby penelope tree » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:30 pm

I have several Harley Benton Powerplant Jr units and have found them to be quiet and reliable. Each output only provides 120 mA though so you would maybe need a couple of them. In fact, the new Harley Benton ISO-2 would probably be a better choice and it's only €68.

www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm

www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerpl ... e3338451f1
penelope tree

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 am

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:20 am

That second one is the one I have and it's great.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:19 am

Some of you are just posting "here's what I have get that". While I'm pleased that you have a power supply that you enjoy, my opening post has already outlined which ones are available to me.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

involved
involved
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby rfurtkamp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:44 am

Mail order, Norway edition, well under your price amount, in stock.

https://norge.thomann.de/visual_sound_vs_1_spot_combo_pack.htm
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

Image
rfurtkamp

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 am
Location: Idaho

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby penelope tree » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 pm

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:Some of you are just posting "here's what I have get that". While I'm pleased that you have a power supply that you enjoy, my opening post has already outlined which ones are available to me.


I don't know your precise circumstances but thought that Thomann would be a good option for someone in Norway. If you're genuinely restricted to the models listed in your initial post I think I would go for the Decibel 11 Hot Stone SMD or the T-Rex FuelTank Chameleon. The Mooer Macro Power might be good too, as at least some of the outputs seem to be isolated.
penelope tree

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 am

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:58 pm

penelope tree wrote:
VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:Some of you are just posting "here's what I have get that". While I'm pleased that you have a power supply that you enjoy, my opening post has already outlined which ones are available to me.


I don't know your precise circumstances but thought that Thomann would be a good option for someone in Norway. If you're genuinely restricted to the models listed in your initial post I think I would go for the Decibel 11 Hot Stone SMD or the T-Rex FuelTank Chameleon. The Mooer Macro Power might be good too, as at least some of the outputs seem to be isolated.

Agreed. Sorry I misread the "only have these available" bit and thought you were just suggesting things you'd found.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:36 am

Apologies on my phrasing in the initial post. Rereading it, it does indeed seem like a "here are some suggestions" list.

RE Thomann: PPD price of > 350 NOK means sales tax, customs, postal service fees, &c. It's just not worth it.

penelope, I for some reason forgot to include the Carl Martin Pro Power in my list. It is substantially (though not extremely) cheaper than the Decibel. Specs &c. here: https://carlmartin.com/pro_power/ -- thoughts? That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. The FuelTank Chameleon is cheaper still, but has fewer outputs.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

involved
involved
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:37 pm

I think with your pedals the Chameleon would be plenty but if you're looking for running fewer daisy chains or considering expanding, the Carl Martin would be great.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7994
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby penelope tree » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:55 pm

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:Apologies on my phrasing in the initial post. Rereading it, it does indeed seem like a "here are some suggestions" list.

RE Thomann: PPD price of > 350 NOK means sales tax, customs, postal service fees, &c. It's just not worth it.

penelope, I for some reason forgot to include the Carl Martin Pro Power in my list. It is substantially (though not extremely) cheaper than the Decibel. Specs &c. here: https://carlmartin.com/pro_power/ -- thoughts? That's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. The FuelTank Chameleon is cheaper still, but has fewer outputs.


I think the main feature that distinguishes the Decibel from the other options is that it has a toroidal transformer and that supposedly reduces the chance of interference. I don't think it would be worth paying much extra for that though.

Is it the Pro Power 1 or Pro Power 2 that is available locally? I think I would choose that over the Chameleon (unless there's a significant price difference). However, the Carl Martin units seem to be a bit bigger than the Decibel and the Chameleon, which might be an issue if you want to fit your supply under a Pedaltrain or something.
penelope tree

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:18 am

Re: What power supply would you get?

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:03 am

I guess I'm not convinced that paying extra for that feature, and fewer isolated outputs, isn't all that convincing. But I appreciate the info.

It's the Pro Power 1. The prices are kind of evenly spaced. The Pro Power 1 is one step above the Chameleon, and the Decibel is another (tiny bit bigger) step above that again.

I didn't even consider the sizes.

Decibel: 14.8 x 8.7 x 4.4
Pro Power: 15.2 x 8.6 x 4. 5
Chameleon: 16.0 x 8.0 x 3.8

I probably should take that into consideration, even if I'm not planning to get a pedal board anytime soon. Good point.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

involved
involved
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:23 am

Previous

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.