Page 2 of 5

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:55 pm
by Jwar
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:Crossing fingers for Roland or Dunlop, because fuck boutique prices.


I've been incredibly happy with every MXR pedal I've owned, would be cool to see some Kramm-team MXR pedals down the road.


I've hated every MXR pedal I owned but the Carbon Copy. I just found them dull and lifeless. I've like all the Boss stuff I've had though.

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:42 pm
by Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.
dyna comp rips.

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 pm
by dubkitty
Distortion + FTW.

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm
by cbm
Sonaboy wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:From what I understand, they shut down Utah, period.



If I could vote for that, I would.


Ha!

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:51 pm
by Tom Von Kramm
Gone Fission wrote:Tom had given a passing mention (IG comments?) that his team had been hired by a major player. Seemed promising. Reading between the lines, I'm thinking someone wanted the digital team, thus grabbing the bunch as a unit. Pitch shifting might have been the point of getting the team, but no reason a Space Station successor couldn't come from these folks . . .

Anyone know who the lucky employer is?


The DigiTech Canadian DSP team got picked up by a major player that I can't name.

My old team and I are all still free agents (Me, Billy, Ford, and Jonni).

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 pm
by Jwar
Well Tom, I say do what makes you happy. In or outside of the industry.

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 pm
by retinal orbita
How about a meatbox clone with pictures of goats on it called “the bleatbox”?

Look I’m available as a product consultant just PM me?

A line of boutique DOD Death Metals with expression outputs for all three frequencies? Just kidding just the guts and scream. No one uses the mids.

Look the bleatbox was a bad pun but that DOD Death Metal is the DOD legacy.

It even has its own Instagram page with 408 followers :cool:

Personally I use minimum two and as many as four with my noisecore band.

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 pm
by nogodsnobedtimes
Jwar wrote:
nogodsnobedtimes wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:Crossing fingers for Roland or Dunlop, because fuck boutique prices.


I've been incredibly happy with every MXR pedal I've owned, would be cool to see some Kramm-team MXR pedals down the road.


I've hated every MXR pedal I owned but the Carbon Copy. I just found them dull and lifeless. I've like all the Boss stuff I've had though.


Yeah, well, I find YOU dull and lifeless :poke:

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:10 am
by Jero
Why the personal attack?

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:45 am
by vidret
Wow, what a dumb and a sad this is.

He got you there, Jero :lol:

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 am
by Jero
vidret wrote:Wow, what a dumb and a sad this is.

He got you there, Jero :lol:

Was his reply supposed to be an "obvious" joke then?

or perhaps the perfect set up for JWAR?...
"Your mom's dull and lifeless"

:p

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm
by tremolo3
Jero wrote:
vidret wrote:Wow, what a dumb and a sad this is.

He got you there, Jero :lol:

Was his reply supposed to be an "obvious" joke then?

or perhaps the perfect set up for JWAR?...
"Your mom's dull and lifeless"


bro

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 pm
by goroth
Tom Von Kramm wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:Tom had given a passing mention (IG comments?) that his team had been hired by a major player. Seemed promising. Reading between the lines, I'm thinking someone wanted the digital team, thus grabbing the bunch as a unit. Pitch shifting might have been the point of getting the team, but no reason a Space Station successor couldn't come from these folks . . .

Anyone know who the lucky employer is?


The DigiTech Canadian DSP team got picked up by a major player that I can't name.

My old team and I are all still free agents (Me, Billy, Ford, and Jonni).

I hope you guys can keep going in the business. I’ve always liked Digitech stuff, but the last few years in particular have been awfully good.
:hug:

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm
by retinal orbita
Guys I’m pretty sure Tom Cram was about to hire me as a product consultant for his new team, how am I supposed to look professional with all this childish bickering happening here?

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:48 pm
by Jero
retinal orbita wrote:Guys I’m pretty sure Tom Cram was about to hire me as a product consultant for his new team, how am I supposed to look professional with all this childish bickering happening here?

Good point!

(...and if directed at me, I'd like to openly apologize. After re-reading, my last comment was meant to be a joke about a joke, as jwar often makes silly "your mom" jokes for rebuttals...though it was in poor taste nonetheless. Unfortunate words. I meant no offense or malice towards anyone (or their mothers for that matter). Again, my sincerest apologies. I will see my self out now.)



Back on topic...
Tom and the other folks who are currently free agents, I look forward to seeing where you all go from here. Based on what we've seen the past couple years, I don't doubt something awesome will emerge in the future :!!!: