· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 am

Was Digitech puchased? Are they no longer making pedals? I see lots of posts from @tomvankramm on IG waxing poetic about his time with digitech/DOD showing off his stellar collection. Does this mean we don't get the re-issue of the space station 2? No dirty robot 2?

Re: Did our favorite Digitech/DOD rep leave the company?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 am

Tom's whole team was let go. No one has much of an idea what that means for the future though, and those that do can't say anything.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:08 am

Tom's last day was June 22nd. Nobody is left. No idea what the company is going to do or in fact move forward at all.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:10 am

It's what they get for not reissuing the Death Metal TBH.

This is a joke leaves turn I love you.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:29 pm

my understanding is hazy, and possibly wrong, but from what I gather digitech has been owned by harman for decades but have been able to operate fairly independently. Seems to have been a solid group of nice and creative people. I know a few of them have been active on forums. It seems that a couple of months ago harman decided to take control and they fired the whole team. It's unclear what they're plans are for the brand, but it's really too bad. Digitech/DOD was cool and it seems like some cool people lost jobs they really liked.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:54 pm

The recent DOD revival was cool to see. They missed their chance to re-release the Lexicon Vortex though :-P

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:41 am

misterstomach wrote:my understanding is hazy, and possibly wrong, but from what I gather digitech has been owned by harman for decades but have been able to operate fairly independently. Seems to have been a solid group of nice and creative people. I know a few of them have been active on forums. It seems that a couple of months ago harman decided to take control and they fired the whole team. It's unclear what they're plans are for the brand, but it's really too bad. Digitech/DOD was cool and it seems like some cool people lost jobs they really liked.

Harman has owned Digitech for a long time, as well as a bunch of other M.I. companies. The trouble started a couple years back, when Samsung bought the Harman Group because they wanted the I.P. and the relationships in the automotive space. Samsung is such a giant company that a smallish subsidy, like Digitech, is buried in the noise. Digitech lasted longer than I thought they would when I read the Samsung press release about the Harman buy out. It's still sad though. I have a bunch of Digitech / DOD pedals.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 am

Tom had given a passing mention (IG comments?) that his team had been hired by a major player. Seemed promising. Reading between the lines, I'm thinking someone wanted the digital team, thus grabbing the bunch as a unit. Pitch shifting might have been the point of getting the team, but no reason a Space Station successor couldn't come from these folks . . .

Anyone know who the lucky employer is?

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Crossing fingers for Roland or Dunlop, because fuck boutique prices.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Oh man. Either of those would be pretty goddamn cool.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:46 pm

a boss ringmod at last!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 pm

From what I understand, they shut down Utah, period.
I've read about certain Harman employees even moving to Texas to keep their jobs.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Wow. That is so fucked. I do hope they all land on their feet and continue as a team somewhere else.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:39 pm

jrfox92 wrote:From what I understand, they shut down Utah, period.

If I could vote for that, I would.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:40 pm

tremolo3 wrote:Crossing fingers for Roland or Dunlop, because fuck boutique prices.

I've been incredibly happy with every MXR pedal I've owned, would be cool to see some Kramm-team MXR pedals down the road.
Post a reply