· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Does this pedal exist?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:36 pm

Is there any sort of pedal that oscillates between two pedal loops?
Where you could do something like put a chorus in one loop and flanger in the other and the signal would oscillate between the chorus pedal and the flanger?
Or, how about a pedal that has a dynamic envelope which will go to one loop above a certain intensity but revert to the other if it is below the set intensity?

Re: Does this pedal exist?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Pretty sure I've seen panning pedals with dual loops, but that might not be what you meant.

...that second idea of yours is :thumb: oooweee

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:21 pm

The Antichthon fuzz/tremolo is volume dependent, so the weirdness kicks in as the volume drops off, but that's not quite what you're after.

The Pigtronix Quantum Time Modulator is closer to what you're after, perhaps ?

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Oooh, imagine a rocker(wah/volume/etc.) type pedal that controls a blend between two s/r loops

Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:48 pm

repoman wrote:Is there any sort of pedal that oscillates between two pedal loops?
Where you could do something like put a chorus in one loop and flanger in the other and the signal would oscillate between the chorus pedal and the flanger?

Okay, now I want one of these as well.

repoman wrote:Or, how about a pedal that has a dynamic envelope which will go to one loop above a certain intensity but revert to the other if it is below the set intensity?

In theory noise gate/side chain combos could do this yes? Probably easy to pull off in Max/PD, but that's above my pay grade.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:01 pm

i did something similar. In the loop there's a timebender delay and in the other loop a terra fuzz, it has expression input to blend between the loops (delay and fuzz) and also mix the loops with the dry. In the video, i used a sine wave (broadcast) to modulate the channels.
Last edited by autopilot on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 pm

autopilot wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl-_iDo-tHw

i did something similar. In the loop there's a timebender delay and in the other loop a terra fuzz, it has expression input to blend between the loops (delay and fuzz) and also mix the loops with the dry. In the video, i used a sine wave (broadcast) to modulate the channels.

FTFY

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:34 pm

1) Take two active blend circuits
2) Replace the blend pots with vactrols
3) Connect LED side to an LFO or envelope follower
4) ?????????????????????????????????????
5) Profit

Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:43 pm

You can already flip between two different effects loops using a Boss LS-2 with a busy foot. I have a new found appreciation for the Boss footswitch (Non-latching! Silent! As fast as your foot is!)

:idk:

Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Morley made a treadle controllable single effects loop
I had it briefly. I wasn’t too impressed with the sweep. It felt more like an ‘on/off” kinda sweep.

Z. Vex makes the Loop Gate
Again, just a single effects loop, but it can be envelope controlled.

If you don’t mind the modeling world, the new Boss GT-1000 can blend between two parallel effects/amp/cab chains based on envelope, and even frequencies. It does have two external effects loops too, so you could put your own out board gear in the chain for maximum tomfoolery.

Speaking of frequency dependent effects chains, there are a few out there I’m sure, but the one that’s caught my eye the most is the KMA Tyler.

Perhaps they could be persuaded to modify the Tyler’s design a touch to focus more on envelope/expression control rather than crossovers.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:19 am

Doesn't the lightningwave doom do exactly that?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 am

Can do it on the cheaper using the Boss GT-100 as well (envelope controlled pan to the stereo out, then run L/R into a pedal each, recombine at the amps or in another unit).

Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am

qersty wrote:Doesn't the lightningwave doom do exactly that?

Kind of...it automatically blends 2 loops. I don't think it cycles between the two. (could be wrong)
Now, it plus the Astro... :idea:

Cool that the Boss units can do it!...not so cool that they are an entire pedal board in themselves and cost $300-$1000...if all you want is this specific thing, seems a bit much.

Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:22 pm

repoman wrote:Is there any sort of pedal that oscillates between two pedal loops?
Or, how about a pedal that has a dynamic envelope which will go to one loop above a certain intensity but revert to the other if it is below the set intensity?

Wouldn't you need something like a Sound Sculpture Switchblade 8F for this?
Text:
2 expression pedal ports allow pedals to be used as controllers to add volume, crossfades, and panning to connections
3 fully independent Autosweep (LFO) controllers to add tremolos, crossfades, and panning to connections

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:22 pm

These are the sort of questions that lead to modular.
Post a reply