Looper Sync conundrum

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Looper Sync conundrum

Postby D Rock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:40 am

You really only need a dual stereo looper and a/b/y to do this. I do it with a pigtronix infinity almost every day.

If i want to have one set of loops on loop channel one, I record one channel on loop one to my ampeg, then switch the a/b/y from a to b and record a loop(still on channel one) on my Laney. These 2 loops will always be in sync since they are on the same channel. Then you can switch to loop channel 2 and record on either amp, or both at the same time if you are on y mode. The loops on channel 2 can be synced or not(your choice) and can be x2, x4, x8 length and so on. Works great, let me tell you.

I may just build one more a/b/y to place before all of this so I can have one more amp that is always playing my dry signal.
D Rock

committed
committed

Postby D Rock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:47 am

I hope that wasn't too hard to follow so i drew a little diagram.

Guitar Input --> A/B/Y --->
---> A ---> Loop 1 ---> Loop 2 ---> Ampeg Gemini VI
---> B ---> Loop 1 ---> Loop 2 ---> Laney VC30

Hope that makes sense.
D Rock

committed
committed

Postby Christophe » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks guys.
So actually, the appropriate solution would be the Ehx 45000, panning two tracks to the left (amp#1), and two to the right (amp#2).... I still cant foresee what this will do to my dry signal?... it will come out on both amps as long as I dont use loops, but If I loop something, when I press to play the loop, I go from two amps to only one amp....?
I guess I'll still need an A/B pedal anyway to avoid that...

I saw a youtube demo where someone had synced a Pigtronix to an Ehx 45000. Do you guys think that that set-up is more reliable than syncing, say, two dittos with a midi clock pedal? (= prevents loopers from glitching/ getting stuck?)
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Christophe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:32 am

manymanyhaha wrote:I've sync'd three X4's before using a midi clock, works well, for the most part. They do sometimes do this annoying repeated glitch thing that can only be wiped out by powering down.

Would you say this "glitch thing" happens only during a specific use (for instance: stopping all the loops, and wanting to play them again), or is it completely random?

And, do you guys think a slave/master situation (i.e. a ditto or pigtronix as a slave to a ehx 45000) would be more reliable than running 2 dittos with a midi clock pedal? (as far as this "glitch issue" is concerned)
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby manymanyhaha » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:36 pm

Christophe wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:I've sync'd three X4's before using a midi clock, works well, for the most part. They do sometimes do this annoying repeated glitch thing that can only be wiped out by powering down.

Would you say this "glitch thing" happens only during a specific use (for instance: stopping all the loops, and wanting to play them again), or is it completely random?

And, do you guys think a slave/master situation (i.e. a ditto or pigtronix as a slave to a ehx 45000) would be more reliable than running 2 dittos with a midi clock pedal? (as far as this "glitch issue" is concerned)

It's been a couple years but I don't recall discovering a pattern. It seemed random. It happened enough that I sought a different solution, thus how I ended with Mobius (which is the perfect looper for me).

If you are running a midi clock pedal, I don't know how much it will make a difference as to which is first downstream from the clock.
manymanyhaha

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear