· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Ayahuasca pre-order application

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:15 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
lost in music wrote:What the fuck is up with Geocaching these days? I thought that was some mid-2000s fad but the other day I was at the playground with my kid and there was this other family there. After a while the mom turns to her kids and proposes "hey, do you guys want to stay here at the playground or do you want to go do some more geocaching?" And the kids were all like "Geocaching! Geocaching!" and they hopped in the SUV and drove off.

I think Abracadabra should make people pay $400 a pedal AND also make 'em go find the hiddenly cached pedal. :poke:

:lol:

I used to geocache. It can be pretty fun...or relatively meh. Some times they can be really clever, or put in a scenic locale. Would totally go looking for a pedal :animal:

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 am

Demand > supply, so I don't think any attempt to manage that situation on the supply side is going to make everyone on the demand side happy.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 pm

Got this junk mail from Spaceman Effects. It's just a link to their Reverb store, so I don't think there are actual applications involved, but do you think they're taking the piss out of this Abracadabra Audio situation?

Spaceman Effects <spaceman@spacemaneffects.com>
Today, 3:04 PM
You
< // BEGIN TRANSMISSION //

SEEKING CANDIDATES FOR SPECIAL MISSON /

APPLICATIONS WILL BE LIVE AT 15:00 PACIFIC TODAY /

HYPERLINK ++ https://bit.ly/2KgSPme ++ /

// END TRANSMISSION // >

Copyright © 2018 Spaceman LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Thanks Obama.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:41 pm

lost in music wrote:Got this junk mail from Spaceman Effects. It's just a link to their Reverb store, so I don't think there are actual applications involved, but do you think they're taking the piss out of this Abracadabra Audio situation?

You

// END TRANSMISSION // >

God I hope so.

I filled out the app, but you know what, I'm not interested. I tried it, it's cool but I'm not going to let anyone dictate to me what I can or cannot do. I refuse. Effects or otherwise. I'm a free spirit and if I want to sell something later and make some money, that's my right. Just like it's their right to have a weird process to find buyers. I'm not one of them though. I just can't. It's a HUGE turn off for me. Even if I liked the pedal, I wouldn't buy it because of this silly shit.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:44 pm

inb4...

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:47 pm

yes please.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:58 pm

This is dumb. I shouldn't have to fill out a fucking application to buy your product.

I'm buying a guitar pedal, not applying for a job. Fuck off.

Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Jwar wrote:I refuse.

01010111 wrote:I’d pay $30 for the chance to own one of these.

$39 for the fuzz only seems pretty reasonable :joy: :snax: :trippy:

Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:00 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:$39 for the fuzz only seems pretty reasonable :joy: :snax: :trippy:

Pretty into this old-school "generic section at the grocery store" aesthetic. Might grab some...

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 am

What's the deal with the spiky little washer? Bananana uses them too, I think. They kinda freak me out.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:13 pm

lost in music wrote:Got this junk mail from Spaceman Effects. It's just a link to their Reverb store, so I don't think there are actual applications involved, but do you think they're taking the piss out of this Abracadabra Audio situation?

You

// END TRANSMISSION // >

Spaceman text:
Spaceman wrote: ...this no-nonsense pedal elevates the tone of any rig in live applications.

But what if I want a nonsense pedal?
I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:28 pm

lost in music wrote:What's the deal with the spiky little washer? Bananana uses them too, I think. They kinda freak me out.

Look like the fake gears you can buy at hobby stores. I've used them once or twice. Been thinking about getting some sort of custom washers made my self.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.

sig'n this one :lol:

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.

sig'n this one :lol:

:thumb:
Post a reply