Ayahuasca pre-order application

Moderators: metalmariachi, Ghost Hip

Re: Ayahuasca pre-order application

Postby adamajah » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
adamajah wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/8sl3u6/what_are_your_thoughts_on_a_preorder_and_purchase/

TL;fuck Reddit:
chaseblissaudio wrote:I read through all the comments and just gonna post a few thoughts. First, simmer down y’all. Second, Abracadabra Audio is not my company. I make stuff for them. Yeah, Gabe OK’d this application thing with me but it’s his baby. Third, we’ve sold like 60 Ayahuasca pedals total over 18 months. With Chase Bliss, I sell like 500 pedals a month. So AA pedals are less than 1% of my sales since we started the project. I clearly DO NOT make AA pedals for the money. I do it because Gabe is a dear friend, I love the dude, and he has cool ideas. We are obviously passionate about this pedal stuff and it’s a fun project to do together as we live far away and rarely see each other. It’s a weird, dumb, fun thing. Probably like your band. So let’s all cool our jets a bit. So all this bullshit about us “exploiting” people or whatever is complete nonsense. And honestly, it’s not that hard to police the flipping thing.. Gabe cares about the flipping mode than I do but it’s as simple as if we see someone flipping them for a boatload of cash then we probably just won’t sell them a pedal again. For the numbers we are doing it’s not a difficult thing. Of course we can’t stop crazy flipping completely but at least should be able to curtail it a bit.

Thanks. I shoulda done that... Never enjoyed the Reddit format myself either.
adamajah

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 am

That reddit thread makes my brain bleed.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 am

chaseblissaudio wrote: Gabe cares about the flipping mode

Corey Y wrote:A Les Paul is a dual doublecoil guitar. A Strat is a triple humbuckless guitar. Some people like to install a coil decoupler on their doublecoil guitars, to get a humbuckless sound. This guitar looks like the dual humbuckless plus doublecoil formation so popular with rock n roll practitioners of 1900's Octodecade.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby lost in music » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:23 am

Or is the flipping mode like the red knob mode?
Corey Y wrote:A Les Paul is a dual doublecoil guitar. A Strat is a triple humbuckless guitar. Some people like to install a coil decoupler on their doublecoil guitars, to get a humbuckless sound. This guitar looks like the dual humbuckless plus doublecoil formation so popular with rock n roll practitioners of 1900's Octodecade.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby chaseblissaudio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:07 am

lost in music wrote:Or is the flipping mode like the red knob mode?

My flip mode squad is dangerous
chaseblissaudio

committed
committed

Postby crochambeau » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am

#notallresellers

I dunno, I get the angle of reasoning. It looks as if they want to weed out the scalper crowd while maintaining a realistic value and throughput. It's a novel way of stating your intentions that does invite a little ridicule, but it also seems most of the ridicule is based on specific interpretations of the action that sit askew of the original intent.

Just speculation on my part though.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Stuff for sale, ask me how
Shark Tank
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:44 am

jrfox92 wrote:
echorec wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:I think we all know that Abracadabra is basically just Joel working with some snooty artsy fucker that probably looks like a redneck version of Jared Leto.

Collaborators are mentioned here.
http://www.bestguitareffects.com/abraca ... ayahuasca/

Also, I definitely didn't predict someone that looked like Jason Mewes to be the AA dude, but I feel like I should've.

I'm glad someone (anyone?) is carrying the Urge Overkill torch after all these years tho:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r8hCgKhA1Y

crochambeau wrote:It's a novel way of stating your intentions that does invite a little ridicule, but it also seems most of the ridicule is based on specific interpretations of the action that sit askew of the original intent.

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

experienced
experienced

Postby manymanyhaha » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Not sure this's legally binding:

If you are selected to purchase an AA Pedal, do you promise that it will not be resold by anyone for more than you paid for it?

:idk:

If there is no market for the pedal, is Abracadabra going to pay back the difference if you have to take a loss, when you choose to sell? It just seems like if you are going to say no profit, you also have to say no loss.

That's a good question. :snax:

They could also solve that "problem" themselves by just building more of 'em. :poke:

I mean, if they really wanna dictate used market prices, they could just up the supply.

Also, if I ever start my own pedal company, on the application to purchase will be this clause:

"If you're selected to buy one of my pedals, you'll promise to eventually flip it for twice what you've paid for it."

:D

(love you, Joel. :hug: )

Exactly, they could up the supply, that would be easier than policing Reverb, Ebay, Craigslist and the B/S/T in forums but it's their company, they are free to run it however.

But is pedal scalping really that much of a problem? There are so few opportunities to make money on pedals, guitars, amps and recording equipment. I would try to add up all my losses over the last couple of decades of buying and selling equipment but I'd like to sleep tonight. But most certainly it would be five figures. Shit is just rarely worth what you paid for it. If I could make money once, I'd do it without hesitation.
manymanyhaha

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:But is pedal scalping really that much of a problem?

Apparently it bothers Abracadabra enough that they're gonna try to do something about it. :idk:

I mean, that's kinda what you get when you release pedals in limited edition batches of 10. :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Seance » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
manymanyhaha wrote:But is pedal scalping really that much of a problem?

Apparently it bothers Abracadabra enough that they're gonna try to do something about it. :idk:

I mean, that's kinda what you get when you release pedals in limited edition batches of 10. :snax:

Is a fuzz pedal really such a valuable tool that you'd be willing to pay $400 for it?

Those who say "yes" do so. Those who don't, don't.

A pedal company with a point of view is just that. If they want a "mystique" or
want to embody an ethos... then they can and should.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Seance wrote:Is a fuzz pedal really such a valuable tool that you'd be willing to pay $800 for it?
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Siiick burn!
;)
codetocontra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chaseblissaudio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm

crochambeau wrote:#notallresellers

I dunno, I get the angle of reasoning. It looks as if they want to weed out the scalper crowd while maintaining a realistic value and throughput. It's a novel way of stating your intentions that does invite a little ridicule, but it also seems most of the ridicule is based on specific interpretations of the action that sit askew of the original intent.

Just speculation on my part though.

This comment has 100% redeemed my delicate faith in online forums. Thank you sir.
chaseblissaudio

committed
committed

Postby Seance » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Seance wrote:Is a fuzz pedal really such a valuable tool that you'd be willing to pay $800 for it?

The same applies regardless of the price.
If you are a person willing to pay $5,000,000 for a fuzz pedal... then have at it.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Seance wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:

The same applies regardless of the price.
If you are a person willing to pay $5,000,000 for a fuzz pedal... then have at it.

OK, gimme the $5,000,000 and then I'll buy the fuzz pedal. :snax: :hug:

My point being that a builder asking $400 for a new pedal is then doubled in attempted price on the flippage.
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear