· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Ayahuasca pre-order application

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 pm

I think we all know that Abracadabra is basically just Joel working with some snooty artsy fucker that probably looks like a redneck version of Jared Leto.

Also, at the same time, I kinda love this because it's dealing with the kind of shit we complain about, so. :idk: :D

Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Not sure this's legally binding:

If you are selected to purchase an AA Pedal, do you promise that it will not be resold by anyone for more than you paid for it?

:idk:

If there is no market for the pedal, is Abracadabra going to pay back the difference if you have to take a loss, when you choose to sell? It just seems like if you are going to say no profit, you also have to say no loss.
Last edited by manymanyhaha on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:07 pm

Seems to me like they got butthurt because they make small batches of a pedal, now they want to pick and choose whose worthy enough to own one. No thanks.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:39 pm

jrfox92 wrote:I think we all know that Abracadabra is basically just Joel working with some snooty artsy fucker that probably looks like a redneck version of Jared Leto.

Also, at the same time, I kinda love this because it's dealing with the kind of shit we complain about, so. :idk: :D

Collaborators are mentioned here.

http://www.bestguitareffects.com/abraca ... ayahuasca/

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:43 pm

fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/
adjective
treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
synonyms: flippant, flip, glib, frivolous, tongue-in-cheek, ironic, sardonic, joking, jokey, jocular, playful, sportive, teasing, mischievous; witty, amusing, funny, droll, comic, comical, lighthearted, jocose
"unfortunately, they took my facetious remarks seriously"

:snax:

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm

I would have thought the "justify your worthiness"/IG cred was the weirder thing than the weak anti-flip norm. I don't know, I think I even get it because there just aren't many demos, even considering the relative scarcity of the pedal. Combined with aggressive flippers, I can see why they're trying to place more pedals in the right sorts of loving homes. I still think the Ayahuasca could be my "spirit animal" and want one, but I don't feel cool enough to pass that screen. Especially since I don't post music or videos or the like.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:53 pm

echorec wrote:
jrfox92 wrote:I think we all know that Abracadabra is basically just Joel working with some snooty artsy fucker that probably looks like a redneck version of Jared Leto.

Collaborators are mentioned here.
http://www.bestguitareffects.com/abraca ... ayahuasca/

Also, I definitely didn't predict someone that looked like Jason Mewes to be the AA dude, but I feel like I should've.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm

jrfox92 wrote:fa·ce·tious

I recognize that you were trying to implement humor, earthling, but I also thought you/other people might be interested in reading up on the collaborators list, if you weren't already aware of who had been decorating the boxes. :idk:

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:07 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Only Abracadabra Audio can sell it for more than they paid for it I guess.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I’d love to demo one or just try one.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 pm

manymanyhaha wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Not sure this's legally binding:

If you are selected to purchase an AA Pedal, do you promise that it will not be resold by anyone for more than you paid for it?

:idk:

If there is no market for the pedal, is Abracadabra going to pay back the difference if you have to take a loss, when you choose to sell? It just seems like if you are going to say no profit, you also have to say no loss.

That's a good question. :snax:

They could also solve that "problem" themselves by just building more of 'em. :poke:

I mean, if they really wanna dictate used market prices, they could just up the supply.

Also, if I ever start my own pedal company, on the application to purchase will be this clause:

"If you're selected to buy one of my pedals, you'll promise to eventually flip it for twice what you've paid for it."

:D

(love you, Joel. :hug: )

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Jwar wrote:I’d love to demo one or just try one.

Oh, I defnitely want one. I just can't afford one. :idk:

Os Mutantes fuzz is one of my favorite fuzz circuits. :love:

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/c ... _purchase/

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:30 pm

adamajah wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/8sl3u6/what_are_your_thoughts_on_a_preorder_and_purchase/

TL;fuck Reddit:
chaseblissaudio wrote:I read through all the comments and just gonna post a few thoughts. First, simmer down y’all. Second, Abracadabra Audio is not my company. I make stuff for them. Yeah, Gabe OK’d this application thing with me but it’s his baby. Third, we’ve sold like 60 Ayahuasca pedals total over 18 months. With Chase Bliss, I sell like 500 pedals a month. So AA pedals are less than 1% of my sales since we started the project. I clearly DO NOT make AA pedals for the money. I do it because Gabe is a dear friend, I love the dude, and he has cool ideas. We are obviously passionate about this pedal stuff and it’s a fun project to do together as we live far away and rarely see each other. It’s a weird, dumb, fun thing. Probably like your band. So let’s all cool our jets a bit. So all this bullshit about us “exploiting” people or whatever is complete nonsense. And honestly, it’s not that hard to police the flipping thing.. Gabe cares about the flipping mode than I do but it’s as simple as if we see someone flipping them for a boatload of cash then we probably just won’t sell them a pedal again. For the numbers we are doing it’s not a difficult thing. Of course we can’t stop crazy flipping completely but at least should be able to curtail it a bit.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Oh, that's right, I forgot about the exploitation of native Amazonians. :grumpy:
Post a reply