Ayahuasca pre-order application

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Ayahuasca pre-order application

Postby Seance » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:40 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Seance wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
Seance wrote:Is a fuzz pedal really such a valuable tool that you'd be willing to pay $800 for it?

The same applies regardless of the price.
If you are a person willing to pay $5,000,000 for a fuzz pedal... then have at it.

OK, gimme the $5,000,000 and then I'll buy the fuzz pedal. :snax: :hug:

My point being that a builder asking $400 for a new pedal is then doubled in attempted price on the flippage.

I personally have never paid over US $250 for a guitar pedal. I only buy maybe one pedal a year.
So I obviously am not the consumer willing to pay $400 or $800 for a pedal, flipped or direct.

For people who don't care about flipping and markup, they are willing to pay what they are
willing to pay. I don't swim in those waters. And markup flipping is going to happen regardless
of the price, and sometimes, regardless of the availability. People are people. The entire
world economy is built on the notion of "markup", often with mass produced, widely available
items that are no longer regional, handmade, specialty items made by craftspeople trained in
a tradition. It is mostly all spin in an attempt to create fervid consumption patterns with no
correlation to usage value or worth.

We are getting to the point where pedal makers might start to insert "keys" into their pedal that
can only be activated by logging onto their website (like with expensive computer graphics programs).
The only thing seemingly keeping that from happening is that guitar pedals are still (at least nominally)
stand alone units and don't require keys or constant updates in order to continue to be usable.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Seance wrote:We are getting to the point where pedal makers might start to insert "keys" into their pedal that
can only be activated by logging onto their website (like with expensive computer graphics programs).

Don't give 'em any ideas. :grumpy:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Seance » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Seance wrote:We are getting to the point where pedal makers might start to insert "keys" into their pedal that

Don't give 'em any ideas. :grumpy:

Instead of just saying that their magic, rare transistors are made out of "unicorn spume", pedal makers are
going to start actually using real unicorn sperm because as it evaporates, you'll have to buy a whole
new pedal with a fresh supply of "magic seed".

Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby infamousalien » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:33 pm

The "boutique" pedal industry has officially jumped the shark. :picard:
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:39 pm

Keeping in mind that haunting mids already happened, so it’s not like this is unprecedented stuff.

I see it as AA (tough initials btw) is having a party and they have a list. Everyone here has been at parties and thought “who invited that dude?” Samesies.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 pm

infamousalien wrote:The "boutique" pedal industry has officially jumped the shark. :picard:

Last edited by MechaGodzilla on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:10 pm

it's kind of funny watching people try to control things that are inherently uncontrollable.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Jero » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm

You must Social Media to ride this ride
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:59 am

It's the same thing with Spaceman and CT5's

A batch goes up, 3-7 days later they're all on Reverb for $$$

"I bought a $400 limited edition black tremolo 2 days ago. It's not really fitting in with my setup and hate to see it go, but I just want someone to use it like it deserves to be.... $750"
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:It's the same thing with Spaceman and CT5's

A batch goes up, 3-7 days later they're all on Reverb for $$$

"I bought a $400 limited edition black tremolo 2 days ago. It's not really fitting in with my setup and hate to see it go, but I just want someone to use it like it deserves to be.... $750"

Yea, it seems the typical consumer doesn't realize they have the control to set the market, to an extent...if no one bought it, then the seller would eventually be "forced" to drop the price. Hype/unknown/whatever makes people do rash impulsive things. If you've got the money, good for you, but you're fucking it up for the rest of us :grumpy:

:snax:

I totally understand what is trying to be done here, but the whole format seems elitist and lame, I'm sorry (but it probably falls under, "specific interpretations of the action that sit askew of the original intent") ;)
...Yes, I see the irony of me saying that, when often times I tell folks to pick and choose who they sell to, if they are gonna be upset that's it's on reverb for more the next day :facepalm:

That said, the Ayahuasca, along with all yalls stuff, seem kick ass as always. Late to the game, but I still want a warped vinyl.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:53 pm

My concern with asking for people's social media page, if something like this takes off with more builders, is that some builders may choose to exclude someone's application due to things they see on a person's social media page that they have issues with such as race,religion, gender, sexual preference etc. This is the same reason why, as a hiring manager, I am not allowed per company policy to look at someone social media page so that I dont consciously or unconsciously reject that person for the job based on what I saw.

I want to clearly state that I am not suggesting that Abracadabra Audio would do this. I am merely speaking in generalities as to what potential issues may arise from this practice should it become more common.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cherler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm

I thought AA was basically a bit that happened to also sell a pedal the first time I saw them, and a pre-order application fits that bit perfectly.

I think they should see how far they can push it. They could do like geocaching, sell different hints for like $40 a pop and who ever finds one gets it.
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby lost in music » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:11 pm

What the fuck is up with Geocaching these days? I thought that was some mid-2000s fad but the other day I was at the playground with my kid and there was this other family there. After a while the mom turns to her kids and proposes "hey, do you guys want to stay here at the playground or do you want to go do some more geocaching?" And the kids were all like "Geocaching! Geocaching!" and they hopped in the SUV and drove off.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby 01010111 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm

cherler wrote:I thought AA was basically a bit that happened to also sell a pedal the first time I saw them, and a pre-order application fits that bit perfectly.

I think they should see how far they can push it. They could do like geocaching, sell different hints for like $40 a pop and who ever finds one gets it.

What about one step further, sell raffle tickets instead of pedals. Then no market price can be established until after the pedals have been out for a while, and no one will know how much they should charge.

I’d pay $30 for the chance to own one of these. But I wouldn’t pay whatever they’re charging for the pedal

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:51 pm

lost in music wrote:What the fuck is up with Geocaching these days? I thought that was some mid-2000s fad but the other day I was at the playground with my kid and there was this other family there. After a while the mom turns to her kids and proposes "hey, do you guys want to stay here at the playground or do you want to go do some more geocaching?" And the kids were all like "Geocaching! Geocaching!" and they hopped in the SUV and drove off.

I think Abracadabra should make people pay $400 a pedal AND also make 'em go find the hiddenly cached pedal. :poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear