· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

How do I start a TourBox for pedals?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Hey guys, I jump in here a little and see a few builder's do a Tour Box with their pedals to get them in more hands. How does one go about that?

I'm with Frost Giant Electronics and trying to build this up and get some more notices. I have a Soma out to MrExcane waiting on a review and also a Mountain to Pedal of the Day that should be out tomorrow, but I know in hands is better than a video.

Thank you for checking out this thread.

Re: How do I start a TourBox for pedals?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Either you or a proxy on the forum can "run" the tourbox. Just start a thread to get people to sign up, collect and organize the names and addresses, and send out the pedals! Standard rules are usually spend no more than a week before you send the pedals on, check with the next person on the list that they are OK to receive pedals, notify whoever is running the tourbox if there are any issues, etc.. Sometimes there is a post count/voucher system used to who can sign up to try and decrease the chance of any missing pedals. Any shipping insurance requirements are up to you!

You might want to put a list up of current production pedals and see what people would have an interest in the most, pick a top 3 or something.

I'm sure others will chime in with helpful info.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Chankgeez was monumentally helpful as an information/morale source when I was juggling the idea.

It really just begins with you establishing the level of trust you're comfortable with and setting up your process from there.

I could go into a list of flaws I have incurred on mine, but I think they may not be universally applicable, so, I'll spare everyone and just state I'm happy to answer questions as well.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:42 pm

Eric and I briefly discussed tourboxes a while back. Always up for giving advice! :thumb:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Eric and I briefly discussed tourboxes a while back. Always up for giving advice! :thumb:

There you are, I'm sorry I wasn't sure who I spoke to about this and forgot the name. Yea I would like to hook up with you in a few weeks to get some ideas rolling if possible.

crochambeau wrote:Chankgeez was monumentally helpful as an information/morale source when I was juggling the idea.

It really just begins with you establishing the level of trust you're comfortable with and setting up your process from there.

I could go into a list of flaws I have incurred on mine, but I think they may not be universally applicable, so, I'll spare everyone and just state I'm happy to answer questions as well.

I would love to hear your opinions.

calfzilla wrote:
You might want to put a list up of current production pedals and see what people would have an interest in the most, pick a top 3 or something.

I'm sure others will chime in with helpful info.

Ok good idea, I'll get a detailed list ready.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 pm

Yeah, PM me anytime! :)*

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 am

Step 1- send pedals to me
Step 2- I play pedals
Step 3- ????
Step 4- Profit

:)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Jwar wrote:Step 1- send pedals to me
Step 2- I play pedals
Step 3- ????
Step 4- Profit

:)

I like the sound of this, especially Step 3

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 am

Dude yes please! I’ve been GASing hard for a Massif. Really wanna try it. I will also record demo vids!
Post a reply