Shiftline Paradox X-Fi Delay

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Shiftline Paradox X-Fi Delay

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:42 am

Curious - I recently bought one of their Prism-9s, but wasn't aware of the Paradox as it's not on their products page.

However, there is a page for it if Paradox Delay is searched for . . .

http://shift-line.com/card.php?device=10088

Maybe when I have funds available I'll ask.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 am

Paul_C wrote:Curious - I recently bought one of their Prism-9s, but wasn't aware of the Paradox as it's not on their products page.

They're apparently on back order. They have a wait list if you get in touch with them.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:31 am

shikawkee wrote:
Paul_C wrote:Curious - I recently bought one of their Prism-9s, but wasn't aware of the Paradox as it's not on their products page.

They're apparently on back order. They have a wait list if you get in touch with them.

Do you have an ETA?

I shall have to make contact then, I haven't had much time with the Prism-9 yet as I've been too busy, but I like what I hear.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Paul_C wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

Do you have an ETA?

I shall have to make contact then, I haven't had much time with the Prism-9 yet as I've been too busy, but I like what I hear.

They said March probably.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:52 pm

Curious - I recently bought one of their Prism-9s, but wasn't aware of the Paradox as it's not on their products page.

Hey what do think of the Prism-9? Its been giving me bad GAS lately and I want to know if I should just pull my finger and get it or grab some Tums and wait for the next piece of gear?
-
-
---"Actually I just like fuzz as a friend"---
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Sounds cool. I like the Termo Fuzz quite a bit. The Force (freeze pedal) was ok, but nothing special. I'll be interested to hear what people do with this one. :snax:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:28 pm

I dig the Prism-9. It can get out of hand but I took my time and got it dialed in where I like it. It's pretty cool. Can be subtle too if you want. Just takes a little tweaking.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Yeah, that was my problem with the Force, pretty much no available tweaking. Termofuzz otoh, tweaker's delight :yay:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Dandolin wrote:Sounds cool. I like the Termo Fuzz quite a bit. The Force (freeze pedal) was ok, but nothing special. I'll be interested to hear what people do with this one. :snax:

Yea I like the termofuzz (based on demos)...you've got one D?

I was wondering what the deal was, with it not being listed, but still on there if you searched...kind of makes you wonder what else they have
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:42 pm

DOSS BS-1 wrote:

Hey what do think of the Prism-9? Its been giving me bad GAS lately and I want to know if I should just pull my finger and get it or grab some Tums and wait for the next piece of gear?

I've not had much time to find out what it's capable of, but so far I've described it as adding water-colour washes (to a clean sound) which I like a lot.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 pm

Jero wrote:
Dandolin wrote:Sounds cool. I like the Termo Fuzz quite a bit. The Force (freeze pedal) was ok, but nothing special. I'll be interested to hear what people do with this one. :snax:

Yea I like the termofuzz (based on demos)...you've got one D?

I was wondering what the deal was, with it not being listed, but still on there if you searched...kind of makes you wonder what else they have

Yeah, Termofuzz is in my pile--I really think a lot of people on here would like it--covers a great range from more conventional utility to seriously zazzy :yay:

I have had an eye on Shift Line's delays and reverbs for a while, but haven't ventured there yet other than the Force), which may be all to the good since they clearly develop stuff over time (the Force has had a fairly significant non-retrofit upgrade, and I see the Astronaut is headed for v.3, among others).... :snax:
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm

:thumb:
thanks man. sounds dreamy.
-
-
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby DOSS BS-1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:47 pm

PSA - I just noticed Shift Line pedals are part of the Reverb sale that ends tonight (Feb 18). No termofuzz or paradox tho, just the A+ pedals . I picked up the Prism9 and can't wait to humidify some chords.
-
-
DOSS BS-1

committed
committed

Postby Glitches&switches » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am

Jero wrote:
raj007 wrote:How come I've never heard of them???
Looks sweet!

The only thing they had out for a long time was that termo fuzz or whatever its called, and then a delay or chorus I think. I might be mixing them up with someone else. But yea, I remember a little talk about that fuzz a looong time ago but thats about it.

Looks like they kicked things up a bit :cool: That Force is pretty neat as well.

I own that FORCE pedal, it's been around for over a year now, it's similar to EHX's Freeze but cooler in my opinion. I had the Astronaut at one point, it's pretty cool but there are so many reverbs out there, what I do like is their tiny space saving footprints, nice and compact! Good folks to deal with too! I am tempted to check out this delay but I have so many delays, could always use another, lol!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Postby JM Charcot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Last edited by JM Charcot on Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JM Charcot

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear