Reverse Octave Up (aka The Legend Of BAKVENDT)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Reverse Octave Up

Postby actual » Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 pm

what does turning the feedback up do
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Makes it feedback more? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Pladask » Wed May 30, 2018 10:34 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Also, isn't three knobs kind of cutting it short on controllable parameters?

Agreed that it is very minimal. This started out with me promoting a cheap custom job (pre-designed hardware). If when the time comes for the sound demo and people feel that there isn't enough options we can consider if we want to add parameters, but that would drive the price up. I'm under the impression that part of the appeal here is a low price for something kinda whacky???
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am

Pladask wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Also, isn't three knobs kind of cutting it short on controllable parameters?

Agreed that it is very minimal. This started out with me promoting a cheap custom job (pre-designed hardware). If when the time comes for the sound demo and people feel that there isn't enough options we can consider if we want to add parameters, but that would drive the price up. I'm under the impression that part of the appeal here is a low price for something kinda whacky???

Oh it does for sure. I'm just asking questions. Not trying to deter anyone.

For instance, I just don't get why anyone would want a standalone reverse octave up but hey, whatever floats your boat!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby worra » Wed May 30, 2018 10:57 am

Pladask wrote:

That's certainly the appeal for me!

Perhaps we can ignore the comments from the peanut gallery of folks who aren't interested but feel like like adding their 2 cents anyhow?

:p
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed May 30, 2018 11:08 am

worra wrote:
Pladask wrote:

That's certainly the appeal for me!

Perhaps we can ignore the comments from the peanut gallery of folks who aren't interested but feel like like adding their 2 cents anyhow?

:p

You can try.

:animal:
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pladask » Wed May 30, 2018 11:11 am

I don't mind anyones input :)
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed May 30, 2018 11:23 am

So for me, I do use this effect actually quite a bit on my Nemesis, so I could be a potential. I'd want it slightly different however even if there were trimmers.

delay time, repeats, mix.

To me these are all important but I also thing a volume knob is important. Unless the mix is dual use. Feedback would be a nice touch, but I get it's limited for a reason.

So maybe you could add an internal trimmer for volume? If I'm not alone that is.

I'm slimming down my board, so if this was a good delay, I could potentially use it to replace the Nemesis. That' literally almost the ONLY setting I use on it.

Also, as far as Tom Dalton is concerned. It was mentioned about kicking in a few bucks for the site. I'd just reach out to him about using the artwork. He can most likely provide high quality images like he did for myself and Ryan at Dr. Scientist. The donation is nice, but he won't require it. I'm sure he'd appreciate if you contact him though. Keep in mind, it can take forever for him to reply here sometimes. He doesn't frequent here as much anymore. He is much more responsive on Facebook. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pladask » Wed May 30, 2018 11:33 am

Good tip about the artwork and donation. What's his username?

I'm gonna try and set up the mix control in a way that doesn't affect the overall volume too much. Will see how it goes.
Pladask

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

His user name is Fuzzhugger.

:)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Seance » Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:For instance, I just don't get why anyone would want a standalone reverse octave up but hey, whatever floats your boat!

For me the ideal usage for something like this would be to place such a "reverse octave up" between two pedals that are likewise
capable of reverse (and or pitch/time changes) plus a longer delay/loop time so that I could pop a reversed sound forwards,
and then send that downstream to occasionally be flipped into reverse again while being mangled in the buffer of that downstream pedal.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed May 30, 2018 2:24 pm

I dig 3 knob delays in general. My trusty Rebote 2.5 is what I personally consider to be the pinnacle of 2399 easy-ass delays. Granted the FV-1 can do a lot more, but a simple 3 knob delay is quite elegant and keeps the complexity down and cost too.

I'll probably try it in the effects loop of the meatball clone immediately upon arrival. :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed May 30, 2018 2:45 pm

And keep it a clickless silent switch like all the Pladask stuff? More pro IMO and better when you all record in the same room (I will never spend hours removing pedal clicks on a recording again!).
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 30, 2018 2:51 pm

shikawkee wrote:And keep it a clickless silent switch like all the Pladask stuff? More pro IMO and better when you all record in the same room (I will never spend hours removing pedal clicks on a recording again!).

Pladask wrote:relay bypass.

:)*
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed May 30, 2018 6:35 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
shikawkee wrote:And keep it a clickless silent switch like all the Pladask stuff? More pro IMO and better when you all record in the same room (I will never spend hours removing pedal clicks on a recording again!).

Pladask wrote:relay bypass.

:)*

Takk. I must have missed that as I joined the thread late in the process.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear