pedals w/ midi clock out

Moderator: Ghost Hip

pedals w/ midi clock out

Postby alexsga » Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm

does pitchfactor have this?

molten voltage did things like this - are they atill in business?
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Re: pedals w/ midi clock out

Postby tremolo3 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 pm

PF does, yes.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat May 19, 2018 10:10 am

While technically a hell of a lot *not* a pedal, the Boss ES-8 switcher has master midi bpm per-patch that it sends on demand.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Sat May 19, 2018 11:35 am

midi is cool but honestly i get by like 99% of the time just setting the BPM's or the times as close as i can get it.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat May 19, 2018 12:37 pm

I read some place that some of the Eventide stuff have issues with Thru/Out MIDI commands but I can't say. YMMV.

I have a Boss ES5 connected to Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis and then the MIDI out of the to the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo for channel switching on my Dual Rectifier.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gone Fission » Sat May 19, 2018 4:28 pm

odontophobia wrote:I read some place that some of the Eventide stuff have issues with Thru/Out MIDI commands but I can't say. YMMV.

For any device, especially for things like clock, chaining MIDI devices is suboptimal. Old serial connection tech, so relaying a message through another device's Thru port or, worse still, relying on the second device not mangling the message when adding its own info to the Out is not a safe bet. The more devices in a daisy chain, the worse it gets.

MIDI splitters are the way to go. Kind of like an isolated power supply--each output is a clean copy of the input signal. 5 pin splitters have several decades of existence, so used can be cheap. I've spotted some pretty simple DIY circuits that are supposed to work great. I believe the TRS MIDI converter boxes Chase Bliss and Empress provide do the same thing, just on different connectors.

Now combining multiple MIDI signals into one output with a "merge" box, that's a trickier task. Not all commercial boxes are created equal and DIY is not for the faint of heart. Find a real MIDI nerd locale for info/advice if you need that.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sat May 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Yea, the thru/out chaining is hell.

I spent the $50 on a Quadra-thru and ended the pain.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 am

Gone Fission wrote:
odontophobia wrote:I read some place that some of the Eventide stuff have issues with Thru/Out MIDI commands but I can't say. YMMV.

For any device, especially for things like clock, chaining MIDI devices is suboptimal. Old serial connection tech, so relaying a message through another device's Thru port or, worse still, relying on the second device not mangling the message when adding its own info to the Out is not a safe bet. The more devices in a daisy chain, the worse it gets.

MIDI splitters are the way to go. Kind of like an isolated power supply--each output is a clean copy of the input signal. 5 pin splitters have several decades of existence, so used can be cheap. I've spotted some pretty simple DIY circuits that are supposed to work great. I believe the TRS MIDI converter boxes Chase Bliss and Empress provide do the same thing, just on different connectors.

Now combining multiple MIDI signals into one output with a "merge" box, that's a trickier task. Not all commercial boxes are created equal and DIY is not for the faint of heart. Find a real MIDI nerd locale for info/advice if you need that.

Huh. Had no idea. I’ve yet to run into any issues going through three devices but this will definitely give me something to consider.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Return to General Gear