EQD Pyramids

Moderator: Ghost Hip

EQD Pyramids

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed May 02, 2018 1:19 am

Guess this is the only video so far, seems like a fun pedal.

I haven't really loved anything from EQD beyond the Acapulco Gold, but this could be fun to play with.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Re: EQD Pyramids

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 am

At the 5:11 mark there's a pretty cool lo-fi gritty sound that's actually kinda rad.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 am

As with the previous EQD releases, my youtube feed is jam packed with demos of this thing. I don't really flange, but it sounds cooler than most other flangers I've heard, I'll give it that. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Wed May 02, 2018 8:52 am

Fuckin' finally.
This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 02, 2018 8:55 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby harpies » Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 am

Seems like they took features from the subdecay designs.
harpies

experienced
experienced

Postby Errant Tiger » Wed May 02, 2018 9:51 am

I'm really digging these audio clips. I have a Starlight, and the only thing I don't like about it is that I haven't been able to figure out how to tame the metallic edges as much as I'd like. (This might say more about me than it, though). Some of these clips, though, are seriously smooth.

But at like $300, it's a pretty safe bet I'll never own one, so there's that.
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Wed May 02, 2018 10:17 am

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 02, 2018 10:19 am

harpies wrote:Seems like they took features from the subdecay designs.

Was thinkin' that too. I guess there're only so many options for an "ultimate flanger". :idk:

Errant Tiger wrote: I have a Starlight, and the only thing I don't like about it is that I haven't been able to figure out how to tame the metallic edges as much as I'd like. (This might say more about me than it, though).

Had a Starlight DLX. One of the two things I didn't like about it is it's too bright. The other thing was I couldn't quite get it to self-oscillate. :idk:

I'd be interested in opinions comparing the two though. :hello: :poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Errant Tiger » Wed May 02, 2018 10:24 am

Chankgeez wrote:
Errant Tiger wrote: I have a Starlight, and the only thing I don't like about it is that I haven't been able to figure out how to tame the metallic edges as much as I'd like. (This might say more about me than it, though).

Had a Starlight DLX. One of the two things I didn't like about it is it's too bright. The other thing was I couldn't quite get it to self-oscillate. :idk:

I'd be interested in opinions comparing the two though. :hello: :poke:

I think "too bright" is what I mean (I've got the v2). I've found a sweet, sparkly spot with it, and one or two other useful settings, but it seems like the bulk of its magic is maybe not compatible with what I want to do.

The more I hear of the Pyramids, though - and this is what most of my morning between clients has consisted of - the more my wallet hurts.
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 02, 2018 10:28 am

I knew what you meant. ;)

"Too bright" and "metallic edges" are two sides of the same coin.

Neither "too bright" nor "too dark" are good options for flangers. Sometimes I'd love it if flangers had tone controls.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Errant Tiger » Wed May 02, 2018 10:31 am

Chankgeez wrote:I knew what you meant. ;)

"Too bright" and "metallic edges" are two sides of the same coin.

Neither "too bright" nor "too dark" are good options for flangers. Sometimes I'd love it if flangers had tone controls.

I figured - I was mostly happy to have more language for what I was trying to say - I'm still new to all this tone stuff. I agree about tone controls, or a signal blend, or something...
Errant Tiger

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Wed May 02, 2018 10:39 am

Just Nick and Andy's demos are better. I want. It's weird but I want.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 02, 2018 10:46 am

Haven't listened to Andy's yet, but I'm about halfway through Juan & Nick's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1kzv6xh-So

It's got a lot of nice features. I'm just more concerned whether it sounds "warm" or not. :idk: :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby infamousalien » Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Chankgeez wrote:It's got a lot of nice features. I'm just more concerned whether it sounds "warm" or not. :idk: :snax:

This. Digital flangers always sound kind of "cold" to me. I'm not analog purist or anything either.
infamousalien

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to General Gear