Donner Dp-1 Guitar Pedal Power Supply 10 Isolated DC Output

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Donner Dp-1 Guitar Pedal Power Supply 10 Isolated DC Output

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 am

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WHLLDWO/re ... 65150&sr=3

I could use another power supply... I just don't know if I trust it not to burn down the house.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Donner Dp-1 Guitar Pedal Power Supply 10 Isolated DC Out

Postby fldrvr » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:49 am

So I'm fairly certain that when they say isolated they mean the whole supply but the individual taps are not isolated from each other. It's more like a big One Spot. I looked at these and the Caline ones a while back when i was searching. I may be remembering wrong, tho.

This helped me: http://stinkfoot.se/power-supplies
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Postby Confuzzled » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:46 pm

fldrvr wrote:So I'm fairly certain that when they say isolated they mean the whole supply but the individual taps are not isolated from each other. It's more like a big One Spot. I looked at these and the Caline ones a while back when i was searching. I may be remembering wrong, tho.

This helped me: http://stinkfoot.se/power-supplies

I'm not quite understanding the "isolated" part.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I've got a couple of those cheapo supplies. There's sometimes noise when powering certain pedals on the same supply but they're mostly pretty quiet. They haven't burned my house down even once.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:37 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:I've got a couple of those cheapo supplies. There's sometimes noise when powering certain pedals on the same supply but they're mostly pretty quiet. They haven't burned my house down even once.

Same

and no, each output is not isolated from each other on the ones I've seen/used.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fldrvr » Tue May 01, 2018 10:11 am

I'm not technically savvy, but I think in voodoo and others like it, each tap has it's own transformer inside, which prevents noise from being introduced into the signal.

The cheaper ones don't.

It's like if you daisy chain analog/digital pedals, sometimes there is noise introduced into your signal because the power interacts somehow. The power supply should prevent that. Really, it depends on your setup- if you've got all analog I think you should be OK with a one spot daisy chain or the like as long as you have enough mA to cover the pedal draw.
Good deals: Monkey Boy, julius_deane, oldangelmidnight, K2000 (x2), kbithecrowing, Casavettes, leaves turn, psychedelicrelic, nevada, alexsga, sa1126, Invisible Man, foot, solewheelin', hbombgraphics, bronzetalon, Aquietcabin1978, bass_econo, christafarai; (on TalkBass) jazzyitalian, MicG, bufert57, marineman227, karter2000; (on TGP) leray1, Electroman, bigEbeer; (on DIYstompboxes) LucifersTrip, lethargytartare; (on HC) StratsRule07, lfrz93, Firebrand, caeman, bluesthug
fldrvr

experienced
experienced

Return to General Gear