purple sparkle Rainbow Machines!!! They're here!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: purple sparkle Rainbow Machines!!! They're here!

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Well I've spent some more time with the device and I'm loving about 50 or 60% mix with the primary and secondary, and then maybe 10:00 on the magic knob and then the pitch knob at 11:00 or 1:00.. Real neat warbly .. And this thing loves the reverberation machine.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun May 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Sorry if you guys are sick of me talking about this shit, but I've been spending some QT with the device whenever possible and I find that it's a truly unique type thing. It takes virtually any gain source like a champ, loves pre-verb, I've had equal fun with delay before and after and both.. I'm sure all of this is uniquely possible because of the exponentially higher magic levels purple sparkles contain.

Just curious if anyone else wanted to share their chain position and settings favorites.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

I was just thinking of posting in this thread. :idea:

Was gonna offer my thoughts on V1 vs. V2 Rainbow Machines. :hello:

So, this V2 Rainbow Machine I just got is a little bit brighter than the V1. I think part of that may have something to do with the increased headroom of the pedal. There's greater clarity. Doesn't get muddy like the V1 when it's hit with dirt (and/or volume).

Yes, it's a little louder. Not much. There's a slightly longer delay time. Again, not much, but there wasn't a whole lot to begin with anyway. :idk:

Definitely more Magic! :!!!: I think I've got the new one set to about 10:00 to equal 2:00 on the old one.

I've really only compared 'em with the Pitch just shy of noon. (Which's usually close to where I have it set.) I'm sure there's more to explore at farther/wilder pitch settings. I usually run the Tracking at either extreme. Tone usually rolled all the way off. :D Oh, and I generally place the Rainbow Machine somewhere around the middle of my signal chain.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby frodog » Sun May 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Damn, that sounds like some good improvements, though I've never tried a v.1. And it looks so sweet! Can't afford it rn but maybe in a month or so if they haven't sold out by then.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Sun May 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Yeah I dunno man I had heard the demos and watched a couple things, but never tried one. I had identified it as a highly desirable device.. so I bought one. It's amazing. I really dig it. It's definitely worth the cash imo. You can set it so it just adds bananas complexity to your sound without being anyeher3 close to the front.. but that all being said it's a very specific sound and it's not going to work for the verse riffs in your death metal band ..
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Fri May 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Anyone else get one yet? I've been using mine daily and it really just makes me happy!! I hope some of you other dudes have enjoyed it :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri May 25, 2018 9:30 pm

:!!!: Rainbow Machine is most definitely one of my favorite pedals (especially in this purple incarnation)! :love:

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dunbine » Sat May 26, 2018 3:54 am

Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat May 26, 2018 8:32 am

Damn, I should've waited for that 15% off. :erm: :grumpy: :lol:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat May 26, 2018 12:30 pm

They're also selling on Reverb and it says they have 4 left in stock.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 pm

LOL :!!!:

Another thing I just noticed: the Primary and Secondary knobs've switched places
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 29, 2018 4:59 pm

They've got a V1 here, but Nick's using a setting I like a lot at 10:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Osv7G-u6VQ
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Definitely diggin' the momentary switch for the Magic. Makes it much more usable. :!!!:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Apparently the first batch sold out! :!!!:

… and Gear Hero HQ are now doin' pre-orders for a second batch:

https://gearhero.com/products/earthquak ... le-sparkle

:success:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:38 pm

:doom: :lol: :doom: the footsteps of the Mighty ILF :yay:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear