The Space Case TE-2 Echo and Tape Unit

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Space Case TE-2 Echo and Tape Unit

Postby rustywire » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:25 pm

:whoa: :love: :whoa:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 am

spacecasetapeecho wrote:Image

:snax:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:01 am

I love the concept of this thing but, ffs, I already spent like $1k on the TE-1 two and a half years ago :lol: :facepalm:
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby spacecasetapeecho » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I am announcing here, and to a few other threads about the TE-2, and to the email list this weekend, to contact me if you would like to place a pre order for a TE-2. Rather than hold concert ticket style openings like before, I'd rather let people reach out and set it up in a more natural fashion. There is still a cap for this phase however.
You can email my forum user name @gmail and we can take it from there and you can also ask any detail questions you may have as well. In the subject of email, please write "TE-2 Pre Order".
I'll get back to you within less than 24 hrs regarding moving forward with the order.

I will continue to post some updates here in this thread though. The unit is staying more or less the same as first posted (Prototype.1) but also including the highly likely (nearly definite) addition of the Loop/Sound-on-Sound features as requested and also the refinements of control voltage standards for better modular integrations. An updated prototype document will be posted.

There will be another chance for orders a little bit down the road if you are not ready just yet. But naturally things do go in an order when the shipping starts up.

Cheers and reach out directly if you'd like.

jim
spacecasetapeecho

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Confuzzled » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:04 am

Inconuucl wrote:Damn, that's droolworthy, can't wait to hear demos of it, since it's too pricey for me. :snax:

I got lost in the War & Peace description but color me impressed!! What's the price?
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:46 am

Deltaphoenix wrote:$1250
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Confuzzled » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:57 am

:eek:
MrNovember wrote:

FUUUUUUUCK.... That's a second divorce for sure.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby Ruiner » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:39 pm

Confuzzled wrote::eek:
MrNovember wrote:

FUUUUUUUCK.... That's a second divorce for sure.

Well you made it through the first.... gear is forever. :!!!: :lol:
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby spacecasetapeecho » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 pm

I was really hoping that the TE-2 would actually save some marriages!
spacecasetapeecho

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:51 am

CV connection for marital aid?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frodog » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:36 pm

spacecasetapeecho wrote:Image

Wow, seems like an awesome machine (that I cannot afford). However, completely off-topic re. the technical drawing... I have a Fostex X-55 4-track whose play button won't remain depressed, just pops back up and stops. Do you know if that mechanism is similar to this drawing? I actually have several spares of the exact part that is broken, but I don't know where it goes. It's a short spring where the ends stick out at a 45 degree angle, one of them is a little longer and has a kind of hook. Looks a bit like 093M, maybe (top third/middle of image). It's a longshot, but have any ideas, or more hi-res tape mechanism drawings?
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby spacecasetapeecho » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:55 pm

codetocontra wrote:CV connection for marital aid?

working on it still

frodog wrote:Wow, seems like an awesome machine (that I cannot afford). However, completely off-topic re. the technical drawing... I have a Fostex X-55 4-track whose play button won't remain depressed, just pops back up and stops. Do you know if that mechanism is similar to this drawing? I actually have several spares of the exact part that is broken, but I don't know where it goes. It's a short spring where the ends stick out at a 45 degree angle, one of them is a little longer and has a kind of hook. Looks a bit like 093M, maybe (top third/middle of image). It's a longshot, but have any ideas, or more hi-res tape mechanism drawings?

Every tape product has a very different drawing and design and assembly. The fostex, without doubt, won't look anything like this or have any of the same pieces. Sorry! You'll need to track down the service manual for your exact model of machine and find this type of drawing to see what the piece might be..
spacecasetapeecho

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby frodog » Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Yes, your machine looks much more complex than a Fostex. The problem was that I never found info on the X-55. However, going by the manual for the X-35, I managed to fix it! The spring was supposed to be mounted on a tab right side of the play head and slotted into the adjacent pinch roller, to hold it in place when the play button is depressed. So now I have my first 4-track back on.. track.

Thanks for nudging me in the right direction and good luck with your product!
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear