Stacking/layout suggestions?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby sprawlstopper » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Good evening, ILF.
Long-time lurker here coming out of the woodwork for some insight. I've been playing for quite some time, a lot of which was (shockingly!) spent without multiple drive pedals. I now have a few. How would you arrange/stack these?

Jext Telez White Pedal v1
Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler v2
SS/BS Mini
SS/BS Buzzz
SS/BS Fuck Overdrive

Plus:
Recovery Effects Cutting Room Floor v2
Catalinbread Zero Point

For reference, I play a Tele and Strat through a Vox AC30HW2, which I usually run pretty clean. One Greenback and one Scumback M55 (fuller, cleaner, bassier than the GB).

I've tried a few different layouts but new insight is never a bad idea.
Thank you.
sprawlstopper

interested
interested
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby weebles » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Fuck at the end of everything.
weebles

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:32 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Put them all in parallel.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4248
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 am
Location: Akron, Ohio

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

I haven’t tried the jext or the buzz, but of the others I’d go mini>frazz>non dirt pedals>fuck.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.


BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:36 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 pm

Cutting Room>Dirt in alphabetical order> Flanger>Fuck
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28442
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:15 pm

Least dirty in front to most dirty in back

Or if there are some that aesthetically should go next to each other, do that.
JonnyAngle

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3497
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:35 am
Location: Maple Grove, MN

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby ognoy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:05 am

weebles wrote:Fuck at the end of everything.


This is going on my list of potential song/album-titles/band names. ;)
ognoy

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby Seedy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:36 pm

ognoy wrote:
weebles wrote:Fuck at the end of everything.


This is going on my list of potential song/album-titles/band names. ;)


I'm going to make it my family crest.
Seedy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:13 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby frodog » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:14 pm

sprawlstopper wrote:Jext Telez White Pedal v1
Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler v2
SS/BS Mini
SS/BS Buzzz
SS/BS Fuck Overdrive

Plus:
Recovery Effects Cutting Room Floor v2
Catalinbread Zero Point


That's an awesome collection. If I had those bbs, I would do as I normally do and split the chain. Maybe Mini--Cutting Room--Zero Point, then something like a stereo chorus (Ibanez CS9/10-series, Boss..) to A: Frazz--Fuck--AC30 and B: Buzzz--White Pedal--Mystery Amp

As a second amp, I'd just use whatever I had or could get cheap, on whichever side compliments the pedals before it. Only have the Fuck from yr list, but as I understand the White Pedal is a SS VOX/console-style preamp? I'd put those last, anyway.You might even want to have the modulation in parallel if you ran a stereo setup. Or not, but that's just the way I'm used to doing it. In mono I would have a harder time deciding which order, but would definitely want to keep all of them on the board!
frodog

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby sprawlstopper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 pm

frodog wrote:
sprawlstopper wrote:Jext Telez White Pedal v1
Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler v2
SS/BS Mini
SS/BS Buzzz
SS/BS Fuck Overdrive

Plus:
Recovery Effects Cutting Room Floor v2
Catalinbread Zero Point


That's an awesome collection. If I had those bbs, I would do as I normally do and split the chain. Maybe Mini--Cutting Room--Zero Point, then something like a stereo chorus (Ibanez CS9/10-series, Boss..) to A: Frazz--Fuck--AC30 and B: Buzzz--White Pedal--Mystery Amp

As a second amp, I'd just use whatever I had or could get cheap, on whichever side compliments the pedals before it. Only have the Fuck from yr list, but as I understand the White Pedal is a SS VOX/console-style preamp? I'd put those last, anyway.You might even want to have the modulation in parallel if you ran a stereo setup. Or not, but that's just the way I'm used to doing it. In mono I would have a harder time deciding which order, but would definitely want to keep all of them on the board!


Thank you.
The White Pedal is indeed based on SS Vox onboard fuzz circuitry. Actually considering selling it because I rarely use it. It sounds great but it isn't something for which I find myself reaching.

I hadn't thought about a stereo set up, though now I am. Dang it.

Oh, and added a Fairfield Barbershop to the mix. Never thought I would get excited over a low gain/'transparent!' OD, but holy shit...this thing rules
sprawlstopper

interested
interested
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby frodog » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Well if you ever sell The White Pedal I would be interested, if only because I love The White Album and have no Vox-y sounds in my arsenal. The Barbershop I have only heard good things about, so congrats on the new haircut!

Stereo setup is so worth it. Not necessary unless like me you have to compete with a player that uses three amps, but it just gives you more options for blending/positioning sounds.
frodog

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: Stacking/layout suggestions?

Postby sprawlstopper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 pm

frodog wrote:Well if you ever sell The White Pedal I would be interested, if only because I love The White Album and have no Vox-y sounds in my arsenal. The Barbershop I have only heard good things about, so congrats on the new haircut!

Stereo setup is so worth it. Not necessary unless like me you have to compete with a player that uses three amps, but it just gives you more options for blending/positioning sounds.


Decided I am indeed selling it. Messaging you now.
sprawlstopper

interested
interested
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:01 pm


Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: friendship, Gone Fission, Google [Bot] and 4 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.