Glitchipedia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glitchipedia

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am

gila_crisis wrote:Hello,
anybody here can tell the differences and/or the similarities between the Hexe Revolver and the Dwarfcraft Grazer?
The Hexe is super cool, but quite hard/rare to get. I was taking a look at the Grazer, which seams to do similar stuff.

They're both samplers, but I don't think they could be any more different in function and, more importantly, their sonic capabilities.

Look at this

https://youtu.be/JdTq0SgoDdM

Then this

https://youtu.be/n1Ed6jDKjhU
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:36 am

UglyCasanova wrote:They're both samplers, but I don't think they could be any more different in function and, more importantly, their sonic capabilities.

Look at this

https://youtu.be/JdTq0SgoDdM

Then this

https://youtu.be/n1Ed6jDKjhU

Hi Casanova,
thank you for the reply! Well, now that I look at the Hexe video... this kind of sampling sounds more intriguing and useful for my needs. Kind of more fluid and not so glitchy as the Grazer.
I also have a Mandala and a Raptio (which I love, especially the Hold function, since years it has a fix place inside my pedalboard).
gila_crisis

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:21 am

The Hexe is like a much higher fidelity and dramatically expanded version of what is happening in your Raptio or Mandala. Its definitely worth the wait/price as nothing does everything it does. If you're looking for a more affordable version of a similar idea then the Red Panda Tensor would be more in that arena than the Grazer.

The beauty of this genre of pedals is that they are all so different from one another.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:31 pm

@whoismarykelly thank you for your comments! I was checking a video, and yes, the Tensor get's a lot more into Hexe territories!

Actually in the Grazer I miss it goes only high with the pitch and not down...
gila_crisis

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:59 pm

gila_crisis wrote:@whoismarykelly thank you for your comments! I was checking a video, and yes, the Tensor get's a lot more into Hexe territories!

Actually in the Grazer I miss it goes only high with the pitch and not down...

Perhaps look at a Charlie Foxtrot for real-time processing that does pitch drops and rises.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm

There's a Hexe for sale in B/S/T right now: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=60659
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Chankgeez wrote:There's a Hexe for sale in B/S/T right now: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=60659

Not mine but if you buy one new that's about what they cost. I think my DX was $485 including shipping when I got it. Exchange rate differs day to day though.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:47 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:The beauty of this genre of pedals is that they are all so different from one another.

+1

You should really figure out what kind of glitch sounds you want to make before you try to buy one, because all of them specialize in different things.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:12 pm

FWIW, I like to throw the Pigtronix E2D in the glitch category. Although it's structured primarily as a delay, there are a lot of ways to misuse the pedal that can do a lot of glitchy, mangly stuff. For most of those you need the remote switch that lets you loop the delay line.

E.g., while the delay line is looped, you can quickly tap reverse over and over and it sort of re-records the direction reversals onto the loop. Similarly, if you mess with the time knob while the delay line is looped, it re-records the time changes onto the loop.

It's a super-deep pedal in terms of range (though very user friendly)
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:25 pm

zoooombiex wrote:FWIW, I like to throw the Pigtronix E2D in the glitch category. Although it's structured primarily as a delay, there are a lot of ways to misuse the pedal that can do a lot of glitchy, mangly stuff. For most of those you need the remote switch that lets you loop the delay line.

E.g., while the delay line is looped, you can quickly tap reverse over and over and it sort of re-records the direction reversals onto the loop. Similarly, if you mess with the time knob while the delay line is looped, it re-records the time changes onto the loop.

It's a super-deep pedal in terms of range (though very user friendly)

That sounds pretty rad. I remember using the Digitech PDS delays sorta like that but they didn't store the manipulation in the loop.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Yeah totally. Been using my PDS to do that. It's pretty neat!
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gila_crisis » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 am

whoismarykelly wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:There's a Hexe for sale in B/S/T right now: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=60659

Not mine but if you buy one new that's about what they cost. I think my DX was $485 including shipping when I got it. Exchange rate differs day to day though.

Too late.
The Tensor is sold out everywhere, ordering directly from Hexe would take too long. So ... I got it from here! :animal:
gila_crisis

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:46 am

gila_crisis wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:

Too late.
The Tensor is sold out everywhere, ordering directly from Hexe would take too long. So ... I got it from here! :animal:

:!!!:
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:23 am

whoismarykelly wrote:

This for sure. Plus you get to talk to Piotr who is a cool ass dude.

I need a glitch pedal. I sold all of them. Sad face.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:50 am

can wait till Piotr's reverb is ready.
NSFW: show
LuR SMELT NiTH
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS