Glitchipedia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glitchipedia

Postby breakdown » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:02 pm

About CT5
Mode 3 you can play your loop in three independent voices, each with its own pitch (with possibility of reverse).
Mode 2 you only have one voice for your loop, but you can shorten its length and randomise where the loop begins and cuts off, kind of chopping it up.

Unless you record very short loops, mode 3 isn't very glitchy, I find. Whereas no matter what you record, if you shorten down the length of your loop and randomise it a little, mode 2 can get very glitchy.

Personally I have mainly been using modes 1 and 3, but I must say after reading the last few posts I will be experimenting mode 2 a little more. :snax:
breakdown

involved
involved

Postby xcc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:IIRC Mode 2 is one loop up to 8 seconds that you can tweak. Mode 3 is 3 loops up to 4 seconds that you can tweak.

Pretty close. Mode 2 is four seconds with adjustments of the direction and slice randomicity, and Mode 3 is one eight second loop with direction controls of each loop.
xcc

interested
interested

Postby oblong » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:38 pm

If I may dwell on Count to Five. I bought it primarily because of the mode 2. I find the way it can play random slices of a recorded loop very musical. Especially very short slices. The best part is that when turning the transcendence mode on (and holding the limb of your choice on the left switch) it can granularize live input as well.

whoismarykelly wrote:IIRC Mode 2 is one loop up to 8 seconds that you can tweak. Mode 3 is 3 loops up to 4 seconds that you can tweak.

It's the other way around: 4 seconds in mode 2 and 8 seconds in mode 3.
oblong

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Mode 2 is 8 seconds on the green LED setting though.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:44 pm

DIYDIYMyDarling wrote:
goroth wrote:This thread, and that first post, are so good.

I have the Revolver II and the CT5 on my board. Revolver for the random glitch, and random auto sample, and the ct5 for mode 2, where I'll record an arpeggio and then let it glitch, then record the next arpeggio etc.

Don’t want to make this a thread about the CT5, but can you explain what it is about mode 2 that works for you in this situation? I find myself mostly in modes 1 & 3, and so I’m a little unfamiliar with the nuances of mode 2.

Sure - say you are playing 120 bpm, 8th notes. And you play an A minor arpeggio. That takes 2 seconds. Hold the soft touch down while you play the arpeggio then let go. You're actual timing is pretty immaterial. Crank up the randomness (bottom knob) and set the window to whatever you want. To the left (anti-clockwise) you get tiny chops all over the place, and moving it slowly to the right the window/chops get bigger and become more phrases. Sometimes you'll get pick noise and stuff, which is great, but you get the overall tonality. Then when it is time to take the next chord you just hold down the button and do it. The previous chord will still play, so depending on if the chords are consonant or not you might want to consider how you have the mix. If the chords hate playing over each other then have the mix mostly wet, but if they're fine together have the mix wherever.

I use it whenever I feel like maybe a passage with drawn out chords more fun.

Another use is to play a short lead lick, and then set the window at about 75% of the sample length. And random it up. Then play a rhythm over that. You keep your rhythm tight and then let the lick go wild over the top - sometimes it's in time and sometimes it isn't.

Those two are the two things I do most with my Ct5. Then I just use it as a reverse delay, or a harmonizer. Or a fake shimmer thinger. All of those are mode 1. I never use mode three. :idk:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby molokaio » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:40 pm

to me mode 3 is less mode 2, because you don't get any random slicing... hoping to be proven wrong, cos it'd be killer.

edit: sorry didn't nitice there was an extra page on the thread. yeah mode 2 is 8 seconds in trascendence mode (green light)
Last edited by molokaio on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robzdrone/
molokaio

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 pm

goroth wrote:Sure - say you are playing 120 bpm, 8th notes. And you play an A minor arpeggio. That takes 2 seconds.

NERD
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:19 am

For me mode 2 and mode 3 are radically different, worlds appart, but posts show how each owner has a very different appreciation of the ct5, which is quite rare with a pedal.

But back on the thread: there are still a couple of Super Flutters available on japanese Amazon (after all this time)!. You cant buy directly from them, but you can use a proxy buyer like ZenMarket to purchase it for you. That's not cheap cos then you have to pay customs etc... BUT, you can still buy one today, it's not unobtainable like, say, a Sonic Crayon for instance... (sobs)
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby kurge71 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:26 pm

thread is awesome - thanx

Big fan of Red Panda Particle and CT5
kurge71

involved
involved

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Christophe wrote:For me mode 2 and mode 3 are radically different, worlds appart, but posts show how each owner has a very different appreciation of the ct5, which is quite rare with a pedal.

But back on the thread: there are still a couple of Super Flutters available on japanese Amazon (after all this time)!. You cant buy directly from them, but you can use a proxy buyer like ZenMarket to purchase it for you. That's not cheap cos then you have to pay customs etc... BUT, you can still buy one today, it's not unobtainable like, say, a Sonic Crayon for instance... (sobs)

Ah I need to add notes on the Antinautilus I used to have.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:46 am

whoismarykelly wrote:

What about his mechanical sun delay? Was it ever sold at some point, or was it just a YouTube demo? This is such a dream delay...
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:08 am

Every thread that mentions the CT5 in any detail reminds me that I don't do enough with mine :eek:

I use them quite a bit, but only in Mode 1 - so I'm going to move my RC-1 looper from the end to the beginning, then I can loop a phrase and muck about with Modes 2 & 3 :)

It's also a reminder that I spend way too much time wondering what pedals to buy next, and not enough time exploring what the ones I have can do that I haven't discovered yet. Fortunately a lack of funds means I'm taking a rest from buying, so it's time to play!
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:50 am

Christophe wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:

What about his mechanical sun delay? Was it ever sold at some point, or was it just a YouTube demo? This is such a dream delay...

That's the PDS8000-style pedal. I think Etienne has only made one of those.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Christophe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:59 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:That's the PDS8000-style pedal. I think Etienne has only made one of those.

Yeah, that’s a pds + so many fx... ok, let’s forget about it then...
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 pm

Why was the roland scooper discontinued?, just saw..really wanted to check that out.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear