Glitchipedia

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Glitchipedia

Postby adamajah » Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm

Jwar wrote:Piotr confirmed that the chorus effect I dug no longer is in the box! NOOOOOOOO! LOL!

He said in order to update the length of time he had to alter the algorithm he was previously using because the signal would degrade too much with a longer time. So, it kind of has it but not the sound I remember. That's not the reason I bought the pedal but it is kind of a bummer.

He also told me that I can use CV up to 3.3v on this guy but would need to measure my cv controller to find where that voltage can go over and not to exceed it. I may or may not ever try the CV. Not sure if it would be worth the risk. I also have to open the box up and unhook the ring connection from the expression jack prior to using it, so that's just probably not worth it. Oh well! Figured I'd ask at least! I may do it if I end up keeping this for the long run, but the likelihood of that is pretty slim right now. It's not really working out for me the way I wanted. The good news is though that I can flip it one of you and you can miss out on those horrible shipping fees. :)

What's the chorus effect in the Revolver? Share your trick plzz :)
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby kenoflife » Mon May 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Why would someone choose a the RevolverII instead of the DX?
kenoflife

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon May 20, 2019 5:44 pm

kenoflife wrote:Why would someone choose a the RevolverII instead of the DX?

Some reasons are spelled out in the OP. The II has more modes that allow for really jarring super short stutters while the DX has more modes that emphasize capturing a longer sample or manipulating a sample over a longer period of time. Just depends on what you are looking for.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 20, 2019 6:02 pm

I'm super happy to have my DX, but there's been many occasions where I wished it was a II....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue May 21, 2019 11:37 am

Dandolin wrote:I'm super happy to have my DX, but there's been many occasions where I wished it was a II....

IMO the ReVolver's reputation was built on the II and the DX is an evolution of that to have a wider appeal and more versatility. If I could only keep one of mine it would be one of the IIs because I use them so much and the DX doesn't have the modes to get the real noisy stuff going. But the II doesn't have the cool speed up/slow down mode which is incredibly fun to do pitch drops that are more dynamic than a Ricochet/PS5.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Tue May 28, 2019 8:12 am

Glitch-masters, I need your help!

Actually this is might be not only glitch-related, but I thought this could be the appropriate thread anyway.

The question is quite simple, but i don't have extended experience with glitch/time stretch/granular effects besides the Count to Five and Molecular Disruptor currently on my board.

I'm in need of something that can somehow do the same stuff i do with the Glitcholay/Particolay/Stretcholay patches of the MDisruptor AND i need it to have presets.

I remember talking about the problem of presets on the MD with whoismarykelly, and i must say that after several months of intense use, i would love to have those more than any other thing. :facepalm:
I'm keeping keeping sheets with settings all over my board-space, and i'm totally cool with that, but at least during rehearsals and live shows i'd like to avoid them.

The Particle V2 seems to fit my needs, and it seems it can cover also some of the stuff i do with the Count to Five in Mode 1, which is something that could be very useful. Also, the Particle is the one i found more user-friendly just looking at it and reading the manual, and money-wise is not as prohibitive as a Revolver or difficult to find as a Fabrikat.
Placing it on the board would let me use the MDisruptor and the CT5 for live manipulation or already set on a specific patch, saving me plenty of time (and also, i could use them simultaneously, which is something i already do).

So, do you guys think i'm on the right track, or am i missing something and you have other suggestions?

Thanks!

:snax:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Tue May 28, 2019 9:21 am

Without having tried the new version, I assume the Particle would be a safe bet, yeah.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue May 28, 2019 9:23 am

Particle V2 sounds like the closest you're going to get, especially if presets are important to you. Alternatively, a Cloudy (once presets firmware is available), but that's far more complex, imo.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 am

I pulled out the Particle 2 this week after it being on the sidelines for a few weeks while I was busy with other projects. It's killer. Highly recommended.

I did lose my presets when updating to the new firmware however so keep that in mind. Not upset though because it's that great.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am

As cool as a lot of the exclusive and rare glitch pedals are its really hard to find something that a Particle V2/Tensor combo can't manage. Red Panda made all the sought after niche effects something you can buy any day of the week for a reasonable price.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jondom22 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:20 pm

I’ll add to the chorus of praise for the Particle V2. Especially now with the updated firmware and web editor, you have full control of every parameter (including hidden) regardless of what mode you’re in. Add in expression control of up to 6 parameters and it’s a lot of fun. I fucked around with the web editor a week or so ago for about an hour and was able to make a bunch of presets. Posted some demos if you’re interested... https://m.soundcloud.com/jon-dom/sets/r ... article-v2

Can’t comment on the MD, but I own a CT5 and you can do some of the mode 1 stuff (just no time stretching/compression). Freeze mode can kinda mimic mode 2 of CT5 but instead of recording a loop you can essentially freeze a short loop that has whatever profeeeonh you want on it. Can’t do mode 3 on it at all. But I find the particle v2 to be more fun, and have a ton of more sounds you can create (I honestly set the delay time to zero on most of my presets), plus expression makes it awesome to warp your chops, LFO, pitch, mix, delay time, etc. I’ll still hold onto my CT5 for sample recording/destroying/creating weird pads but prob off my board.
jondom22

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 29, 2019 12:11 am

Can you mess with the filtering in the editor? That was, and has been, my gripe with Red Panda. No tone parameter.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jondom22 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:19 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Can you mess with the filtering in the editor? That was, and has been, my gripe with Red Panda. No tone parameter.

Technically, yes they added a feedback tone parameter which is supposed to be an LPF effecting the wet signal. In practice, I find that in some settings I don't hear any difference with its adjustment, whereas in others it kinda just creates more of a higher frequency resonant wash (which is a cool effect when using the pitch+ modes). I never owned the original Particle, but from one demo comparison of the V1 vs V2, you could tell the overall tone is a lil better (less clicky and a bit fuller) than the older model.

I've had a few emails back and forth with one of the Red Panda guys and he expressed interest in further developing the LPF capabilities/implementation (I also mentioned that having simple LFO modulating the LPF would be sweet addition if they could do it...ie a few simple waveforms, rate (tap tempo controllable), and depth of the wet signal. But if they just tune up the LPF with a wider cutoff frequency and depth (maybe resonance control too), it would be so sick to sweep the filter via expression, especially on settings where you're delay time is zero.

At any rate, he mentioned they intend on releasing a new firmware update (not sure when) that will hopefully implement/address this, and possibly a few small improvements (master output volume, tap tempo assignments stored per preset instead of globally, a few bugs with the modeless operation where you create a preset but some of the parameters don't always save properly, make expression control of all parameters so you can have essentially two settings per preset like the Meris, Alexander, or Empress stuff, etc.)
jondom22

involved
involved

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed May 29, 2019 4:41 am

Thanks for the nice write up. Kind of want to check one out now. :thumb:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed May 29, 2019 6:18 am

jondom22 wrote: (I honestly set the delay time to zero on most of my presets)

I want to hear a demo of all the modes set to zero delay time. How's the latency?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear