DD-5 reverse mode

Moderator: Ghost Hip

DD-5 reverse mode

Postby frigid midget » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 pm

I ask this question at least once a year, hoping someone's come up with another option for me than getting another DD-5, which is a kinda boring pedal for the most part imo :idk:

It's not your average reverse delay, it repeats reversed cut up portions of what you play with whatever rate/feedback/volume you dial in.
Glitchy/dreamy, in a way to this day NO other delay seems to be able to replicate. From what I've seen/heard online, not even next level pedals (Eventide/CT5/RedPanda/etc) can get close to that particular effect...:idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: DD-5 reverse mode

Postby BetterOffShred » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:26 pm

I still have mine. Never getting rid of it. I like having it around for all the use, Nd yeah the reverse mode is bananas. Just get one and don't let it go again. :cool:
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 pm

What exactly makes the DD5 reverse mode different from the DD7's reverse mode? I know there's something distinctive about it, but it's hard to place.
Bartimaeus

experienced
experienced

Postby tremolo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Bartimaeus wrote:What exactly makes the DD5 reverse mode different from the DD7's reverse mode? I know there's something distinctive about it, but it's hard to place.

I ask myself this every year too.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:25 pm

I sold my dd-5 for so cheap :no:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Ugh yeah I traded mine for cheap cause the tap tempo is so out dated (we're gonna need ya to stomp on an external switch 4 times to set your tempo. No BOSS, no i will not). That reverse mode is the business though.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:29 pm

I just watched some videos. Definitely sounds really cool. I’d love to scoop one just for that sound.
I imagine the dd7 has less artifacts and little blips?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:40 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Ugh yeah I traded mine for cheap cause the tap tempo is so out dated (we're gonna need ya to stomp on an external switch 4 times to set your tempo. No BOSS, no i will not). That reverse mode is the business though.

Just run a clocked relay switch.

It's actually a lot of fun on the dd-5. Some cool flanger sounds and glitchy delay in there.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 am

You're a noise wizard, Lord G. That's sounds rad.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:59 am

Have you looked at the reverse mode in the EHX Hazarai? Not sure if it is exactly the same but it seems to be able to get there with the decay knob set right?
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Jero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:Have you looked at the reverse mode in the EHX Hazarai? Not sure if it is exactly the same but it seems to be able to get there with the decay knob set right?

and even if it doesn't get exactly there, it's still sooo goooood. I put myself in a trance the other night laying on the floor strumming the same 2 chords with reverse hazarai :eek:

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Seriously though, can anyone please upload a clip showing this? A comparison vs another reverse delay side by side would give you Metal Zone points!

tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Jero wrote:
Ghost Hip wrote:Have you looked at the reverse mode in the EHX Hazarai? Not sure if it is exactly the same but it seems to be able to get there with the decay knob set right?

and even if it doesn't get exactly there, it's still sooo goooood. I put myself in a trance the other night laying on the floor strumming the same 2 chords with reverse hazarai :eek:

tru. I think that might be my fav reverse delay. the red panda one is awesome too.

I'm super curious about this one too..I almost bought one last night cuz of this thread hahah
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:17 pm

resincum wrote:I'm super curious about this one too..I almost bought one last night cuz of this thread hahah

So did I!
That one sitting for $75 on Reverb was tempting..

tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Put a bid on one...So basically you fuzzers stay hell away from the $43 on ebay :lol:

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear