LZX Vidiot

Moderator: Ghost Hip

LZX Vidiot

Postby 01010111 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm

Is anyone else getting one? Anyone already have one? If so, what do you think about it? I’m getting one soon, and I couldn’t be more excited.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: LZX Vidiot

Postby MrNovember » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Ruiner has one. I believe most of his recent youtube videos use it in some capacity

Edit: also, I'd really love to get one as well, but that won't happen for a long while
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby resincum » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:29 pm

I'm in line on this batch and excited as hell too. I got to mess with one briefly at Perfect Circuit and fell in love instantly. some people are making that thing shine :drool:

I already have a video mixer with a TBC; thinking of getting another tachyons+ or BPMC to pair with 'em for maximum glitchyness.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:02 pm

Yeah I've got a Premium Cable and a Critter and Guitari B&W Video Scope. I'd like to get a mixer (preferably one bent by BPMC) and a Vidiot to round out my video setup
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby 01010111 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:30 pm

If I wasn’t getting a good tax return this year I’m not sure if/when I’d be buying this, but I did get in on the last batch.

This thing seems like a huge hit for LZX, but it seems like there’s not a ton of user-generated content online? I’ll have to check out Ruiner’s videos. I plan on spamming the fuck out of this when I get it. This fulfills a dream of mine from over ten years ago now, and I’m so very excited.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:14 am

MrNovember wrote:Yeah I've got a Premium Cable and a Critter and Guitari B&W Video Scope. I'd like to get a mixer (preferably one bent by BPMC) and a Vidiot to round out my video setup

duude get the AVE7 he bent. it has a TBC in it as well. check out this video I made with my AVE7 (no input..I ran one of the outs into the ins and played with the fader)

01010111 wrote:If I wasn’t getting a good tax return this year I’m not sure if/when I’d be buying this, but I did get in on the last batch.

This thing seems like a huge hit for LZX, but it seems like there’s not a ton of user-generated content online? I’ll have to check out Ruiner’s videos. I plan on spamming the fuck out of this when I get it. This fulfills a dream of mine from over ten years ago now, and I’m so very excited.

ha ha, same here. the LZX vidiot page loads all content posted on ig with the #vidiot hashtag I think and there are a few videos on youtube. I definitely expected way more to be posted at this point. this thing is already legendary in my book with analog tv dead.. keeping the vibe alive
:rock:
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

resincum wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Yeah I've got a Premium Cable and a Critter and Guitari B&W Video Scope. I'd like to get a mixer (preferably one bent by BPMC) and a Vidiot to round out my video setup

duude get the AVE7 he bent. it has a TBC in it as well. check out this video I made with my AVE7 (no input..I ran one of the outs into the ins and played with the fader)

Yeah, I've been looking at the AVEs he has with CV control. That's nuts that you got all of that with simple feedback routing!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby resincum » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:53 am

right, that kind of blew my mind. you can find them for less than a bill if you keep a look out. mine went completely green for a while, but my friend replaced some caps and it's good as new now. CV control would be sooo tits tho. I wanted to ask the BPMC dude if he could mod mine before my friend fixed it.
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby 01010111 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:45 pm

Still waiting on my Vidiot, and the estimated ship date just got pushed out another month. The latest I can request a return via PayPal is September first. So.... I’m beginning to think I’m just going to ask for a refund.

Is anyone else in this boat?

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm just a dumb gen-xer so I assume this plays Ren and Stimpy clips?
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:43 pm

I've been this | | close to going thru with a refund, but I found this update
August 8th 2018 Update: It was a bit later than we were told, but we got word that our Vidiot assemblies have shipped today, so next week we should be able to finally resume shipments. We’re anxious and ready to get all backorders fulfilled as soon as they arrive! Passage and Bridge restock runs are getting panels and knobs this week and should all be added to stock soon.

https://community.lzxindustries.net/t/l ... st-8th/129

waiting position 78 for a month now.. I'll give it one more month, I *really* want this thing. got big plans. I would be so bummed to have to wait a month (or more) for a refund and then see everyone get theirs :cry:

also:
If you’re getting impatient. Please remember that we’ll gladly substitute anything we currently have in stock for what you ordered if you’d like something different. Since June 1st, we’ve ceased accepting back orders on any products we do not have in the building ready to ship, unless it is a large order from a retailer that would otherwise help push the project into production. This policy is helping us get caught up faster.

except just about everything is out of stock :)*
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby K2000 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Hey, I don't want to derail the topic, but does anybody use these type of tabletop devices and then route their signal to a video projector? If so, what kind of convertors or adapters are needed? How do you get from RCA to VGA (if those are indeed the connections)?
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby 01010111 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm

resincum wrote:I've been this | | close to going thru with a refund, but I found this update
August 8th 2018 Update: It was a bit later than we were told, but we got word that our Vidiot assemblies have shipped today, so next week we should be able to finally resume shipments. We’re anxious and ready to get all backorders fulfilled as soon as they arrive! Passage and Bridge restock runs are getting panels and knobs this week and should all be added to stock soon.

https://community.lzxindustries.net/t/l ... st-8th/129

waiting position 78 for a month now.. I'll give it one more month, I *really* want this thing. got big plans. I would be so bummed to have to wait a month (or more) for a refund and then see everyone get theirs :cry:

also:
If you’re getting impatient. Please remember that we’ll gladly substitute anything we currently have in stock for what you ordered if you’d like something different. Since June 1st, we’ve ceased accepting back orders on any products we do not have in the building ready to ship, unless it is a large order from a retailer that would otherwise help push the project into production. This policy is helping us get caught up faster.

except just about everything is out of stock :)*

I saw that too. I don’t want to get a refund in the form of 50 DIY kits. So, if it’s not in my hands by the end of next week, then I’m submitting a refund request through paypal.

Edit: also, if I do go through with a refund I won’t care that other people got theirs and I didn’t. I’m pretty salty at this point. I’ll just support competitors and find alternative ways to accomplish my video synthesis needs.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 pm

K2000 wrote:How do you get from RCA to VGA (if those are indeed the connections)?

I'm probably one of the worst people to be answering this because everything I own is obnoxiously large... BUT, my goto device to take a composite/component/messier video signal and output to a 15 pin VGA is a Faroudja LD100. It's 2U tall and stupidly deep however.

I found myself on the LZX site a few nights ago looking for the Sandin IP data they had linked several years ago, kind of a fruitless endeavor that.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:18 pm

K2000 wrote:Hey, I don't want to derail the topic, but does anybody use these type of tabletop devices and then route their signal to a video projector? If so, what kind of convertors or adapters are needed? How do you get from RCA to VGA (if those are indeed the connections)?

there are converter boxes like these https://www.amazon.com/Composite-S-Vide ... B003NUN7DG
usually cashes the fidelity tho, most people I know who do this stuff seriously use a camera pointed at a tube tv then project from there

We just received the assemblies in question yesterday and are hard at work on them now.

posted 13 hrs ago :evil: I'm HYPED.
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to General Gear