Let's Talk Loopers.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's Talk Loopers.

Postby goroth » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 am

The ditto keeps loops after powering down. :thumb:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:14 am

t-rey wrote:EHX 720 currently has my interest, mostly because of the presets. Ditto x2 seems popular as well. Not sure about anything else beyond that. So, obviously, suggestions/direction/insight are extremely welcome.

I used to have a Ditto X2 (which is really good feature-wise) but then sodl it and got the EHX 720!
I like the 720 a lot better, the fade out stop is really usefull, and I like a lot how switch-wise the reverse/half-speed are implemented.
It's more intuitive and straightforward then the X2.
The onboard 10 memories are a plus, but I barely dont' use stored loops.
In general having a dedicated footswitch to stop the loops is way better than tip-tap-voodoo dancing everything with one switch (Boss RC1 and RC3 do it too with an additional footswitch).
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 am

You might be able to find a Headrush for less than $150.

I miss mine something fierce. Such a good looper.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 am

Headrush is cool but 3 of the 4 I owned were pretty noisy, while the fourth would randomly stop recording and playback.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:48 am

i've never had any problem with my Head Rush.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 am

gila_crisis wrote:In general having a dedicated footswitch to stop the loops is way better than tip-tap-voodoo dancing everything with one switch

This is criteria #1 for me when shopping loopers, and why I sold my Ditto and combo delay/looper pedals.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:51 pm

gila_crisis wrote:
t-rey wrote:EHX 720 currently has my interest, mostly because of the presets. Ditto x2 seems popular as well. Not sure about anything else beyond that. So, obviously, suggestions/direction/insight are extremely welcome.

I used to have a Ditto X2 (which is really good feature-wise) but then sodl it and got the EHX 720!
I like the 720 a lot better, the fade out stop is really usefull, and I like a lot how switch-wise the reverse/half-speed are implemented.
It's more intuitive and straightforward then the X2.
The onboard 10 memories are a plus, but I barely dont' use stored loops.
In general having a dedicated footswitch to stop the loops is way better than tip-tap-voodoo dancing everything with one switch (Boss RC1 and RC3 do it too with an additional footswitch).

Good to know. Any difference in ease of use re: timing to get a good gapless loop?

D.o.S. wrote:You might be able to find a Headrush for less than $150.

Oh shit, I forgot about the Headrush.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby WORMDIRT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:48 am

D.o.S. wrote:You might be able to find a Headrush for less than $150.

+1 for the headrush, I love mine for looping when jamming with myself. I want to get on that Russian Circles level of live looping.. maybe one day
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 am

t-rey wrote:Good to know. Any difference in ease of use re: timing to get a good gapless loop?

Any differences.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 am

He's asking if one is easier to get the loop perfect on the first go-around between the ditto and the 720 I think.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 am

Well I didn't had any diffuculties passing from one to the other. I've read once comments on other forums where people pointed out the units footswitches works kind of different, but I never felt that huge difference, everybody was talking about.

I'm used to different types and kinds of looping machines (Looperlative LP1, Boss RC3, EHx 720, ditto x2, infinity, RC50, etc...).
A looper isn't like any other effect, where you just press on-off and tweaddle some knobs, it's more like an instruments, which you have to learn how to play, and INTERACT properly with.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:59 am

D.o.S. wrote:He's asking if one is easier to get the loop perfect on the first go-around between the ditto and the 720 I think.

Yep, this.

gila_crisis wrote:Well I didn't had any diffuculties passing from one to the other. I've read once comments on other forums where people pointed out the units footswitches works kind of different, but I never felt that huge difference, everybody was talking about.

I'm used to different types and kinds of looping machines (Looperlative LP1, Boss RC3, EHx 720, ditto x2, infinity, RC50, etc...).
A looper isn't like any other effect, where you just press on-off and tweaddle some knobs, it's more like an instruments, which you have to learn how to play, and INTERACT properly with.

Glad to know they are both serviceable. I really need to start looking at them as instruments - will likely help with the frustration while I'm learning to get the timing down.

Pretty sold on the idea of the 720 at this point...I'll probably wait for a deal to pop up and start there.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to General Gear