K.O.G. Mini Glitch

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: K.O.G. Mini Glitch

Postby adamajah » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:53 pm

It's amazing how much personality glitch/stutter/freeze pedals can have between them. This looks cool!
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:01 am

Cool to see the history cleared up. A bit more interested now. How many pedals are left and when are you planning on shipping?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Muse FTW » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:33 am

TKOG is such a good resource for the Radiohead community. Had no idea the person behind it decided to make a pedal.

This would've been an insta-buy when I used to play guitar more, but it's still quite an exciting pedal and I might pick one up.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby thekingofgear » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

codetocontra wrote:Cool to see the history cleared up. A bit more interested now. How many pedals are left and when are you planning on shipping?

Unfortunately the first run is completely spoken for at this point, but we'll be doing another pretty soon after we wrap this one up early next month.
Account for thekingofgear.com
thekingofgear

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Teej212 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:39 pm

thanks for clearing that up, sorry if i assumed incorrectly. new version sounds like its own beast for sure
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm

Got my ship notice earlier. Will probably be plugging this in Monday afternoon since they're not very far from me.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:10 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Got my ship notice earlier. Will probably be plugging this in Monday afternoon since they're not very far from me.

Did you buy two?

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:56 pm

Dungus wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Got my ship notice earlier. Will probably be plugging this in Monday afternoon since they're not very far from me.

Did you buy two?

:lol:

I don't thing this is likely to have two different enough modes that I would want two. Seems like its going to be a Raptio +
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Showed up today and I took half an hour to play with it before heading to practice. Initial thoughts:

Its basically a compact version of a Revolver Auto mode and maybe a little bit of Judder vibe. It has the stronger attack sound of a MASF pedal which helps the glitches cut through when you have the dry blended in. Usually I don't like dry blended with glitch but it works well on this pedal. The manual mode that is like a Raptio has a delay to the onset of the glitch repeats which makes this pedal not work great if you're hitting glitches right on the downbeat. Its probably about 50ms before the glitch kicks in. Revolvers are the top tier at this with the shortest onset delay. A Raptio is a bit better as well. IMO the star of this pedal is the threshold mode which isn't offered on another box I've used. Also, this pedal seems to have the least white noise stacked on top of the glitches. It does seem to have an ugly distortion on some of the loops especially if they are short.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Howsyrface » Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Guess the new run was announced and sold out this afternoon! It's funny, I had a feeling about this this morning and didn't check my email for a few hours and missed out on this run :whateva: Oh well! Next time.
Howsyrface

involved
involved

Previous

Return to General Gear