Reverb suggestions (very specific criteria, also for bass)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Reverb suggestions (very specific criteria, also for bas

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm

Olin wrote:I need to fix mine still (busted DC jack) but I'm not far from Toronto, could probably work something out to let you try it I imagine?

That is very kind of you, however my schedule is a nightmare and I'm sure it would be easier to go to Moog and fuck around on an amp much nicer than my gruesome Peavey setup.....
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 am

retinal orbita wrote:I knew I was misspelling it, I was just being a dick. It's just not my type of music but I looooooved that toneprint. :p

:lol:
I don't think ive heard the band in like ten years but I do remember that toneprint being m a s s i v e
did you ever try out the editor?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:50 am

I really liked the Sigur Ros toneprint on my HOF. It was a good reverb pedal but not what I was after.

That RM-1N sounds amazing.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby caljoephua » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 am

UglyCasanova wrote:BitQuest.

I was gonna say Mercury7, but that's maybe a tad above your price range. RM-1N is cool too. I have all of these and I play da bass. BitQuest keeps all of yer low freqs, does medium to huge verb really well, has tasteful modulation, pre-delay to get that "lows smacking the walls" sound, is small, can be had at a fair price, plus has a dickton of extra modes for whenever you wanna change how your entire rig sounds in 0.2 seconds.

I'm going to second the Bitquest!! Tons of versatility. But it seems you might just be looking for a solid verb in a small package. I think a RV-3 can do the job! It wouldn't cost as much as a BQ and it's got delay INTO verb, love mine to bits!
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 am

ZOOM MS70 CDR, it's on the cheap side, but to me is better than all the highend reverbs (i.e. Eventide, strymon, etc...) out there!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:36 am

gila_crisis wrote:ZOOM MS70 CDR, it's on the cheap side, but to me is better than all the highend reverbs (i.e. Eventide, strymon, etc...) out there!

I have a MS-50G, and this is a really bold statement. :lol:

I get it though. Subjectivity and all that.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:48 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I have a MS-50G, and this is a really bold statement. :lol:

I get it though. Subjectivity and all that.

eheheh ;) but tell me who in the audience cares about what gear are you using to create your sounds ;) of course I'm no tcounting in the guitar/fxs nerds like us ahahahahah
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 am

I've had a pair of RMs and that's probably what I would recommend here too. All of IEs stuff is legit.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:47 am

retinal orbita wrote:
Olin wrote:I need to fix mine still (busted DC jack) but I'm not far from Toronto, could probably work something out to let you try it I imagine?

That is very kind of you, however my schedule is a nightmare and I'm sure it would be easier to go to Moog and fuck around on an amp much nicer than my gruesome Peavey setup.....

What could possibly be more nice than a gruesome kvlt setup?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Olin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:04 pm

It is pretty much what the RM is made for. No worries though. If you're ever coming through the KW region you're welcome to try it out on a less gruesome ampeg/music man/peavey set up :)
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm

retinal orbita wrote:The Cathedral was great for the tonal controls and reverse reverb it had but there was a lot of flerb I didn't use. I'd have to huy it used for it to meet the HoF price point.

These can be had for $150. It's hard to beat at that price. I see a bunch up on Reverb for that price with a 'Make Offer' so you might be able to score one for as low as $130. I have a Cathedral and RM-1. The RM-1 is wonderful but...again...$150 for a Cathedral...I would take that any day of the week.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:36 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:The Cathedral was great for the tonal controls and reverse reverb it had but there was a lot of flerb I didn't use. I'd have to huy it used for it to meet the HoF price point.

These can be had for $150. It's hard to beat at that price. I see a bunch up on Reverb for that price with a 'Make Offer' so you might be able to score one for as low as $130. I have a Cathedral and RM-1. The RM-1 is wonderful but...again...$150 for a Cathedral...I would take that any day of the week.

Where I come from, Canada, our dollar sucks and US shipping is a real deterrent. I don't see them for less than $200 which is about $160 USD and they tend to sell pretty frequently.

I'm still torn but I appreciate the suggestions from everyone
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:03 am

Quick update: tried an Afterneath and it was definitely not what I wanted. I think the HoF2 is my main choice. I think I need the option for for usable and out there sounds, and I think the tone print is the only way I’m going to find the right “extreme” reverbs. Plus it’s small, and has stereo in/out which I I realized is crucial for running a bi amp setup as I do.

The RM-N1 is so cool but ultimately a little more expensive than I can really justify. But maybe down the line that might be something I think about.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fcknoise » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Bassist in my post-rock band used a T2 and I think it sounded great
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Two (ah fuck, three now) more, odder, suggestions. It seems you made up your mind though. Partly 'projecting' here cause I'm tempted by these.
1. A while ago (in September?) Lubar posted his DBA Sunshine Reverberation 'Adaptation' (i.e. clone with an added knob). It sold for an affordable price of $125 I believe. His blog is here -> http://blackskycraft.blogspot.com/2017/09/solaris.html (Personally, I'm tempted to see if he has more of these)
2. In the 'heads up' thread there is a used DBA Reverberation machine for like $125'ish. (Not personally tempted for this one) EDIT FOR LINK: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Death- ... t-Pedal.gc Credit goes to The Eristic for finding this deal.
3. Dminner makes cool reverbs. Wait for him to churn another out. They're affordable, cool looking, and usually have interesting character in the sound. (Always fucking tempted with his pedals :lol: )
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear