Emerging gear trends of the 2018 gear season?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Emerging gear trends of the 2018 gear season?

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:40 am

Inconuucl wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:Somebody is going to try to go modular on pedals and fail miserably. I'm not talking Console here, but like full on "patch the gain stage to the three separate eq modules to the tr00tube(tm) module to the out module to get a distortion" type of modular. It's going to be dumb and expensive and sound like shit but we are going to love it as we do, as we are programmed to.

:duck: :lol:

Just want to say that I fucking called it. Granted, I hope the Empress Zoia succeeds. :idk: :snax:

Yea I'm a tad overwhelmed by just the sight of that pedal, so I wonder how many other people will be scared off by it versus excited. It seems like a killer idea but the whole "plug this into your pc before playing" thing doesn't appeal to me. I do love the sounds I heard from it in the brief demo though.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby cherler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:22 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:
Inconuucl wrote:Somebody is going to try to go modular on pedals and fail miserably. I'm not talking Console here, but like full on "patch the gain stage to the three separate eq modules to the tr00tube(tm) module to the out module to get a distortion" type of modular. It's going to be dumb and expensive and sound like shit but we are going to love it as we do, as we are programmed to.

:duck: :lol:

Just want to say that I fucking called it. Granted, I hope the Empress Zoia succeeds. :idk: :snax:

Yea I'm a tad overwhelmed by just the sight of that pedal, so I wonder how many other people will be scared off by it versus excited. It seems like a killer idea but the whole "plug this into your pc before playing" thing doesn't appeal to me. I do love the sounds I heard from it in the brief demo though.

I'm more excited to hear cool stuff other people do with it if that makes any sense :idk:
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 am

Inb4 it's going to fall flat on it's face, get discontinued quietly and then 10 years from now some kid is going to find it in a pawn shop and make an album with it that'll make them $1000 unobtanium pieces. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:30 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Yea I'm a tad overwhelmed by just the sight of that pedal, so I wonder how many other people will be scared off by it versus excited. It seems like a killer idea but the whole "plug this into your pc before playing" thing doesn't appeal to me. I do love the sounds I heard from it in the brief demo though.

This is exactly how I feel about that thing, It definitely looks and sounds cool though.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Depends how well the PC interface works. If it's anything like the Boss SY-300 programmer it'll completely suck balls and people will complain. But Empress have a good reputation for giving people what they want right?
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Instagram likes?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Instagram likes?

Since this was first mentioned in the other thread, I've been thinking a lot about it and over analyzing it.

It occurred to me that I have literally done exactly what you're saying and made a clip just for Instagram. Which to me is extremely odd now that I think about it. What is the point in making a 60 second clip? It's not a song, it's usually barely musical. So why do it?

Instagram is the new Facebook and it's becoming just as obnoxious.

I pulled myself out of the Facebook world a few months ago and I'm never going back. Think I may do the same for Instagram. It's a weird fucked up little fake world we live in.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby chrisdermo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:30 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

Since this was first mentioned in the other thread, I've been thinking a lot about it and over analyzing it.

It occurred to me that I have literally done exactly what you're saying and made a clip just for Instagram. Which to me is extremely odd now that I think about it. What is the point in making a 60 second clip? It's not a song, it's usually barely musical. So why do it?

I pulled myself out of the Facebook world a few months ago and I'm never going back. Think I may do the same for Instagram. It's a weird fucked up little fake world we live in.

I enjoy the 1minute restriction, it can make me feel like I've been productive with very little time (after work for example) and I get a little brain buzz off that. I also enjoy that my instagram is composed entirely of music and none of the chaff that facebook became. If you worry about the likes it sucks all the joy out of it. Use the platform for what you want, don't let it use you.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mamsk » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:46 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

a 60 second clip can be both a song and musical, though...
mamsk

involved
involved

Postby Jwar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm

mamsk wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:

a 60 second clip can be both a song and musical, though...

It can be but I hardly ever see or hear that on Instagram. I mostly hear noise.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:20 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:It can be but I hardly ever see or hear that on Instagram. I mostly hear noise.

But you say that about everything. :lol: :p
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:02 pm

I kind feel like I should sue 'em or somethin': https://reverb.com/news/5-emerging-guit ... or-in-2018

I mean, look at the photo they've used as the header, clearly a rip on yours truly. :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

I don't think I like the idea of a business selling musical equipment telling me what's going to be popular. "This is all the stuff that's going to be popular!! Oh and bee tee dubs.. we stock it all!!"

The wood info is a no brainer. Has been for years now. Upgrading tuners? Word? I have like 14 guitars and I've put new tuning machines on exactly one, and that was because I wanted chrome. Multi-color finishes? Once again.. Yawn.

Reverb sucks. Just sell gear Doods.

/end rant
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Yeah, "news" from them must be taken with a grain of salt. They obviously have a vested interest. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby friendship » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:34 pm

they said nothing about piss and are therefore not a credible source for gear news
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear