Om State of Non Return fuzz/other doom

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Om State of Non Return fuzz/other doom

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

rickenbastard wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:
rickenbastard wrote:Rickenbacker and really really loud tube amps. Don’t have a Rickenbacker? Then be sure to crank your mids and keep bass and treble pretty flat

That still doesn't doesn't get you that ric strongyness that only rics have... Sorry only answer my s to get a ric.. And then if you need another tuning you'll just have get another.. And another....

This is 100% true.

This exchange inspired me to listen to one of my favorite albums (SPARKS - Kimono My House). The bass player achieved a notable sound solely using the rick.
Also...this will always ROCK!!! Rick bases sound so good!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipGhzrIi3s
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:15 pm

Ricks sound good but I fucking hate the necks on them. I've played several over the years and I just cannot swing that boat neck. It's the only thing that's prevented me from ever pursuing one. My hands are too small for that. :(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I like your bass a lot. Do you still have the two custom pieces?
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Ricks sound good but I fucking hate the necks on them. I've played several over the years and I just cannot swing that boat neck. It's the only thing that's prevented me from ever pursuing one. My hands are too small for that. :(

You just need a pre-1978 one with the thinner neck shape :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:32 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I like your bass a lot. Do you still have the two custom pieces?

Yea I have an MTD 435 and a Elrick Evolution 4. Both are awesome but more hi fi then other basses. So it's hard to nail that muddy tone with them.

@Muddy I have played a 74 (I believe it was) but that was when I was like 16. So a long time ago. haha. I'd love to try one out that isn't set up like shit.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:You just need a pre-1978 one with the thinner neck shape :thumb:

Another case of yet another ricky sounding so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PinCg7IGqHg
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:04 pm

bloatedsack wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:The State of Non-Return fuzz is a 250 (which is his classic dirt) with a suboctave (the HOG). The DS-1 is all knobs on 10 going to a guitar amp,

Does he use the Ric-o-Sound to split for different amps or some sort of pedal?

I want to say it's some kind of signal splitter on the floor, but I can't remember the details at the moment.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 pm

I thought that’s what the Lehle was?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Om is some good shiz. Almost forgot about them... that's some old stuff you're just getting into. Awesome that you found 'em, especially as a bass player.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:I thought that’s what the Lehle was?

Essentially it is. The Lehle is just a higher quality a/b amp selector but it can be used the same way I believe.

Yea I’m loving Om. It’s got me approaching bass a totally different way.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:20 pm

Yeah that’s what I figured.

Dude, I am fucking obsessed with Om.
Al is pretty much my favourite muso.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Yea I’m loving Om. It’s got me approaching bass a totally different way.

I got to see them around the Conference of the Birds era, in a church with about 40 other people and it blew my ever-lovin’ mind. Like just a totally out there experience.

The minimalist playing on Pilgrimage is just absolutely mind blowing. As a bass player it’s so easy to rely on a guitar to cover any mistakes and hearing how sparse and open that record is just makes me want to be a better player.

Al Cisneros released a bunch of weird dubby remixes under his own name in 2012-2014, they’re totally worth hearing. Some of the 7”s are pretty hard to track down but there’s a torrent if you hit the usual Russian sites.... :idea:
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:18 am

retinal orbita wrote:I got to see them around the Conference of the Birds era, in a church with about 40 other people and it blew my ever-lovin’ mind. Like just a totally out there experience.

That's incredible :animal:
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:I like your bass a lot. Do you still have the two custom pieces?

Yea I have an MTD 435 and a Elrick Evolution 4. Both are awesome but more hi fi then other basses. So it's hard to nail that muddy tone with them.

@Muddy I have played a 74 (I believe it was) but that was when I was like 16. So a long time ago. haha. I'd love to try one out that isn't set up like shit.

So what you are saying is you need a modern boutique style bass with ric pickups... And wired for ric-o-sound.. :thumb:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:58 pm

jwar's bass into the dark grime d sounds...POWERFUL!!!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear